I can has rar candeez???!?!?
Scenario:

Player A's turn.
Player A: Draws 1 card(s) from deck.
Player A: Evolves Piplup into Prinplup.
Player A: Attaches a Water Energy to Prinplup
Player A: Phione - Evolution Wish
Player A: Views deck.
Player A: Moves Empoleon from deck to temp.
Player A: Shuffles deck
Player A: Closed the Card List Window.
Player A: Evolves Prinplup into Empoleon.

The text on the Phione card says "Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your Pokemon and put it onto that Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) Shuffle your deck afterward." If I'm reading the text correctly, the maneuver above would be illegal, would it not? Please confirm. Thanks!

I believe this has already been answered in a thread on the very first page of TCG Questions, but I shall answer it again.

Yes, that move is perfectly legal. The text on a card or power or the like always overrules the rules of the game. For the same reason that Rare Candy allows you to play down a basic, then Rare Candy to evolve it. Using Phione to evolve a Pokemon that has already evolved is legal.

I honestly feel like saying any more is just repetative, just look through the first page of Questions and you should find either the very same question, or something very similar to this with an answer.

It's actually on page five or so on the second set of PokeGym stuff, but thanks. It's a lot easier if someone who had previously looked it up just says it's legal. I'm not looking for other people to go looking for stuff for me; I just wanted someone who knew the answer to comment on it. Sorry for wasting your twenty seconds.

Back