TCG Fakes Plasma Dragon's Text-Based Fakes

Hmmmm, I don't really know tbh. You could perhaps do random cards, suggestions from watchers or another set.

The set is Finished!

Trainer - Item
Magnet

Shuffle a Mental Key card from your discard pile into your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn(before you attack).
Trainer - Stadium
Bank

Once during each player's turn, that player may flip a coin. If heads, Put a Trainer card from your discard pile into your hand.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes in play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.
Trainer - Supporter
Key Collector

Search your deck for up to 3 cards with "key" in it's name, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

You may play only 1 Supporter during your turn (Before you attack).
Basic–Starly–Colorless– HP60

[C] Fly Off
Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

[C][C] Air Cutter 30 damage.

Weakness: [L]
Resistance: [F]
Retreat: 1
Stage 1–Staravia–Colorless– HP80
Evolves from Starly.

[C][C] Song of Staravia
Search your deck for Staravia, and put it onto your Bench.

[C][C][C] Quick Attack 30+ damage.
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 40 more damage.

Weakness: [L]
Resistance: [F]
Basic–Patrat–Colorless– HP50

[C] Search
You may search your deck for a card. Shuffle your deck, then put that card on top of it.

Weakness: [F]
Resistance:

Trainer - Supporter
Key Collector

Search your deck for up to 3 cards with "key" in it's name, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

You may play only 1 Supporter during your turn (Before you attack).
Wow is it going to be a Mankey hunter? :D
I guess you preferred searching for not only Mental Keys (I'm not sure what Keys we've got...), so... how about some qualification, e.g. "up to 3 Item cards" or "Pokémon Tool cards?"

I'd like to see your Zekrom fake fit for your icon. (Sorry if you've already got one)

Wow is it going to be a Mankey hunter? :D
I guess you preferred searching for not only Mental Keys (I'm not sure what Keys we've got...), so... how about some qualification, e.g. "up to 3 Item cards" or "Pokémon Tool cards?"

I'd like to see your Zekrom fake fit for your icon. (Sorry if you've already got one)

We have: Key Energy, Key Collector, and Mental Key. So I don't think that the wording change would be a good thing...

Do you mean my avatar?

Announcement: I am going to redo the OP so it has all the new cards and rearrange them better in the post.

We have: Key Energy, Key Collector, and Mental Key. So I don't think that the wording change would be a good thing...

Do you mean my avatar?
Sorry I missed Key Energy and the gimmick of Key Collector for Key Collector you've created :oops:
This has made me like Key Collector better with the literal meaning of key-chain.
With this design, then, I hope the capitalization ("3 cards with Key") will help you, if you don't want it to be wordy ("3 Trainer or Energy cards with Key," for example).

And, right, it's your cool avatar that I'd like to see come into a card :)

Sorry I missed Key Energy and the gimmick of Key Collector for Key Collector you've created :oops:
This has made me like Key Collector better with the literal meaning of key-chain.
With this design, then, I hope the capitalization ("3 cards with Key") will help you, if you don't want it to be wordy ("3 Trainer or Energy cards with Key," for example).

And, right, it's your cool avatar that I'd like to see come into a card :)

I was trying to use wording a little bit like Yu-Gi-Oh's where most cards have a similar word in there name for easy searching of a particular card.

I have never made a real "fake" card like some of the others at Pokebeach, mine usually use the online card creators so they are pretty bad :(

Sorry it took me so long to reorganize the OP and sorry for no new cards. (When I get the chance I will make more) Also if you have any new ideas about what I should do next as far as may texted-based faking career. Thanks!

Random card!
Stage 1–Espeon–Psychic– HP90
Evolves from Eevee.

Ability Psychic Save
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you discard a card(s) from your hand, you may flip a coin. If heads, shuffle that card into your deck.

[P][C] Telekinesis
This attack does 40 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness or Resistance.

Weakness: [P]
Resistance:

Last edited:
This Ditto Gave me the idea for the card:
http://pkmncards.com/card/kogas-ditto-gym-challenge-g2-10/

Basic–Ditto–Colorless– HP50

Ability: Enlarge
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may attach a Pokemon to this card. This Pokemon gains 10 HP, [C] more retreat cost, and does 10 more damage to the defending Pokemon when it attacks for each card attached to this Pokemon by this ability.

[C] Engulf 10 damage.
Heal from this Pokémon the same amount of damage you did to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Weakness:
Resistance:

Okay so now I have been thinking about my new set/sets and have also been looking at the old Pokemon cards that have a specific Pokemon's name in it like Koga's Zubat or Sabrina's Mr. Mime. And I thought that was a pretty cool mechanic/strategy for decks and sets, so what I came up with is that I would make a bunch of mini sets that included 2 in any combination of Gym leaders, Elite Four members, or Pokemon League Champions from different regions that would battle each other (its mostly just the set theme) for dominance.

So the mini sets would include:
  • about 20 Pokemon with either of the battlers names.
    • about 10 Trainers with either of the battlers names.
  • Maybe some special energy's?
  • Stuff?
anyways I really really really (that's 3 really's) want your input, comments, and feelings on this line of mini sets because I have never used any of those Pokemon cards with a specific name in it before and so I don't even know if they were good back then, so please comment.

Thanks!

Okay so now I have been thinking about my new set/sets and have also been looking at the old Pokemon cards that have a specific Pokemon's name in it like Koga's Zubat or Sabrina's Mr. Mime. And I thought that was a pretty cool mechanic/strategy for decks and sets, so what I came up with is that I would make a bunch of mini sets that included 2 in any combination of Gym leaders, Elite Four members, or Pokemon League Champions from different regions that would battle each other (its mostly just the set theme) for dominance.

So the mini sets would include:
  • about 20 Pokemon with either of the battlers names.
    • about 10 Trainers with either of the battlers names.
  • Maybe some special energy's?
  • Stuff?
anyways I really really really (that's 3 really's) want your input, comments, and feelings on this line of mini sets because I have never used any of those Pokemon cards with a specific name in it before and so I don't even know if they were good back then, so please comment.

Thanks!
Have you read the Adventures Manga? I enjoy reading them due to the creativity the authors/artists express in how Pokemon use their skills; perhaps you could relate to those?

Have you read the Adventures Manga? I enjoy reading them due to the creativity the authors/artists express in how Pokemon use their skills; perhaps you could relate to those?

Yes I have read most of them and I really like them as well (that's kinda what inspired me). My biggest question how to relate to those skills / bonds between trainers and their Pokemon. I guess we could have a secondary attack effect that could counter a move or something... I will think of something in the morning...

Yes I have read most of them and I really like them as well (that's kinda what inspired me). My biggest question how to relate to those skills / bonds between trainers and their Pokemon. I guess we could have a secondary attack effect that could counter a move or something... I will think of something in the morning...
Well, for an example, Lorelei's Jynx. It bonds [pokemon] and prevents [pokemon] from moving. So, maybe, prevent that pokemon from retreating? I've got a few more ideas I just cooked up then, but I'd like to reserve those for a certain contest ;)

Well, for an example, Lorelei's Jynx. It bonds [pokemon] and prevents [pokemon] from moving. So, maybe, prevent that pokemon from retreating? I've got a few more ideas I just cooked up then, but I'd like to reserve those for a certain contest ;)

If there are anymore contest :(

I see what your getting at. I will make a sample card soon.

I am not sure if it should be a basic or a stage 2, what do you think?
Stage 2–Agatha's Gengar–Psychic– HP100
Evolves from Agatha's Haunter.

[C][C] Counter
During your opponents next turn, If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack, put 8 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon.

[C][C] Night Shade
During your opponents next turn your opponents active Pokemon's maximum HP is now 80.

Weakness: [D]
Resistance: [C]

Last edited:
Nice going! I'd just recommend watching your grammar (capital for During and apostrophe after turn).

Nice going! I'd just recommend watching your grammar (capital for During and apostrophe after turn).

Thanks, Fixed

Should the Pokemon be basic like the Pokemon SP from the original card game?
Stage 2–Lance's Dragonite–Dragon– HP150
Evolves from Lance's Dragonair.

[C] Lava Absorption
You may attach up to 2 [F] Energy cards from your hand to this Pokémon.

[D][F][C] Strength 80 damage.

[D][D][F][F] Fire Blast 130 damage.
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Burned and this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness: [Y]
Resistance:
Retreat: 3

Thanks, Fixed

Should the Pokemon be basic like the Pokemon SP from the original card game?
Stage 2–Lance's Dragonite–Dragon– HP150
Evolves from Lance's Dragonair.

[C] Lava Absorption
You may attach up to 2 [F] Energy cards from your hand to this Pokémon.

[D][F][C] Strength 80 damage.

[D][D][F][F] Fire Blast 130 damage.
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Burned and this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness: [Y]
Resistance:
Retreat: 3
I think you should stick how you are doing it now.

Stage 1–Lorelei's Cloyster–Water– HP120
Evolves from Lorelei's Shelder.

Ability: Shell Armor
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may end your turn. If you do, during your opponents next turn, any damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 80.

[W][W] Spike Cannon: 40x damage. Flip 3 coins. This attack does 40 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: [M]
Resistance:
Retreat: 2

Last edited:
Back