Plasma Klinklang

So many people keep assuming those who tech reshiram, will attach dce to it. lol. I know if i personally tech'd it, i would not do that just for that reason of cobal's first attack. went up against this deck today a few times. couple different variants.

those with beach, registeel amped, registeel tech'd, no beach. all are decent. but it is a bit slow to set up. any fire tech will annihilate it in the beginning.

its a solid deck for sure, but i dont see it living up to the hype people are claiming itll do.

r3skyline said:
So many people keep assuming those who tech reshiram, will attach dce to it. lol. .

This.

Also when eviolite is run it makes righteous edge useless. Forcing you to steel bullet giving them the damage for outrage.

Plasma Klinklang is far from impervious. But it will make people think twice before running all Ex decks.

I'm not talking about them using DCE. Its a cool plus if they're using it, but my strategy works better anyway. Most decks won't have room for Reshiram, Fire Energy, Revive, Energy Retrieval, and Eviolite, seeing as how few if any decks run any of those already. If you're really worried you can just run Tool Scrapper or Keldeo.

I am teching Benchtini against it, because my particular Darkrai variant already looks to load the bench by T2 at the latest.

Klinklang is like any other stage two based deck, take out the stage 2 line quick and the whole deck goes up in flames. The problem though, is that isn't easy to do much of the time. So you have to find a way to OHKO the stage Two. Really the only two cards that can successfully do this to Klinklang are Hydregion and Blastiose so we should see a rise in play of these decks as Klinklang gets stronger. Other than them, cost efficient wise, is V-Create Victini.

When I run Reshiram, My original Idea, I it has been in my Ray-eels since it can use the Lightning Energy, but no other decks yet. When I said it is a good tech or will be a good tech I meant for some decks it will play amazing! in others I agree not so much.

Uhm, just to let you guys know, Cobalion EX is not the only attacker in a Klingklang deck. A good player would also use the Iron Breaker Cobalion to lock you down. If your opponent uses that Cobalion, and hits you for Iron Breaker, your Reshiram can't attack the following turn. Also if you lose your Benchtini, you will lose the match, you can't afford more then 2 of them in the deck, and that isn't enough.

Emboar with a Plus Power OHKO's the entire deck. After taking out PlasmaKlang, OHKO with Ray EX. Problem is, the deck is inconsistant.

Emopanda133 said:
Emboar with a Plus Power OHKO's the entire deck. After taking out PlasmaKlang, OHKO with Ray EX. Problem is, the deck is inconsistant.

So your counter is a stage 2? Klinklang laughs at the thought and benches Cobalion NVI.

After some testing I found running 4 blend energy and a keldeo covered a lot of weaknesses in a split PS BW Klinklang deck. Keldeo deals with landorus mid game. And any non ex fire attackers only need one blend energy to ohko

The only down side is starting with him.

But for covering for status lock escape, fire weakness, landorus, and surprise attacker it makes Klinklang a lot more playable.

bouffalant DRX is pretty good in any deck, because of its great attack and ability, and use of any energy

By the way, checkout the State tournaments' results: not too many KK decks even made the Top Cuts... As someone mentioned earlier, the deck had alot of hype (pre-States), but the results didn't back it up...

TuxedoBlack said:
By the way, checkout the State tournaments' results: not too many KK decks even made the Top Cuts... As someone mentioned earlier, the deck had alot of hype (pre-States), but the results didn't back it up...

What? I've seen quite a few Klinklang decks in Top 16s across the USA and one Klinklang deck got 1st in FL.

Brave Vesperia said:
TuxedoBlack said:

What? I've seen quite a few Klinklang decks in Top 16s across the USA and one Klinklang deck got 1st in FL.

At the website I saw that had a summary of the first 2 weekends of State tournament reslts, Big Basics (aka Landorus-Mewtwo-Tornadus or Landorus-Mewtwo-Garbodor), Darkrai variants, and Blastoise-Keldeo dominated the Top 16 results. At the 2 states (IL and WI) I attended, I believe there may have been only 1 KK deck that made the cut.

I didn't do the math, but I doubt if KK decks comprised 5% of the total Top 16 population across the USA.

I guess it doesn't help that Garbodor is pretty popular as of now and will negate both Klinklangs' Abilities. Your best bet is to Skyla for Catcher and hit the Garbodor for 100 with Cobalion-EX early game.

TuxedoBlack said:

I witnessed John Roberts make it pretty far into top cut with Klinklang. I think there was another Klinklang (Durant) in top cut as well, so it's perfectly viable.

Back