• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Plasma (Kyurem / Deoxys)

Pokewiz1999

Aspiring Trainer
10 Pokemon
  • 4 Deoxys-EX PLF
  • 3 Kyurem PLF
  • 1 Thundurus-EX PLF
  • 1 Keldeo-EX BCR
38 Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 4 Catcher
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 Switch
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 3 Hypno-Toxic Laser
  • 3 Silver Bangle
  • 4 Colress Machine
  • 2 Plasma Ball
12 Energy
  • 4 Blend WFLM
  • 4 Prism
  • 4 Plasma
Strategy

Use Thundurus-EX to accel energy, Kyurem to attack, and Deoxys for more damage.

RE: Plasma (Kyurem/Deoxys)

-1 colress machine (only 3 are needed, you probably will draw into a plasma energy)
-2 ultra ball (keldeo will still be searchable, but all your other pokemon will be free to search out)

+1 kyurem (a 4th tier 1 attacker is needed)
+2 plasma ball (free search for the majority of your pokemon)

I prefer comp.search over scramble switch since its impossible to whiff a card with comp.search and its not a situational card, but its your choice witch ace-spec to run.

Hope I helped :)

Joltic said:
-1 colress machine (only 3 are needed, you probably will draw into a plasma energy)
-2 ultra ball (keldeo will still be searchable, but all your other pokemon will be free to search out)

+1 kyurem (a 4th tier 1 attacker is needed)
+2 plasma ball (free search for the majority of your pokemon)

I prefer comp.search over scramble switch since its impossible to whiff a card with comp.search and its not a situational card, but its your choice witch ace-spec to run.

Hope I helped :)

I can see the Ultra Ball not sure on the Kyurem... Thanks for the input!

No lugia=no scramble switch and even ten it is questionable. I prefer dowsing honestly.

Your Master said:
No lugia=no scramble switch and even ten it is questionable. I prefer dowsing honestly.

Yeah I was honestly thinking it would be a good idea

Pokewiz1999 said:
Your Master said:

I play comp. search and find it to be very useful. However, this seems much more Kyurem oriented, so i could see almost trying to put in a third switch. Maybe, drop a Thundurus Ex. This list is so tight on space it's unbelievable. You really are going to just have to test everything with this.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

I play comp. search and find it to be very useful. However, this seems much more Kyurem oriented, so i could see almost trying to put in a third switch. Maybe, drop a Thundurus Ex. This list is so tight on space it's unbelievable. You really are going to just have to test everything with this.

I only have one Comp. Search and it's in another deck... I might drop a Thundy-EX... I'll figure it out. Thanks!

Having more than 1 Thundurus EX would be a good way to start. I'd drop 1 Colress Machine since it is likely you will draw a Plasma Energy before you play all 4 Colress Machine. You also will really want to think on Catcher. Pretty soon that card will require a flip to work.

King Arceus said:
Having more than 1 Thundurus EX would be a good way to start. I'd drop 1 Colress Machine since it is likely you will draw a Plasma Energy before you play all 4 Colress Machine. You also will really want to think on Catcher. Pretty soon that card will require a flip to work.

Well since I decided against this deck I'm not too worried about Catcher nerf in it but regardless after the rule change I'll probably play 2 Catchers per deck. And I do agree on dropping a Machine. Thanks KA!

ok with all the new rule changes i can see 1 or 2 flaws here 1 is the new catcher rule making the card pokemon reversal and the other is possibly that you have too much energy draw power and not enough pokemon draw power any objections plebe say so so here is what i would do to make the deck more solid in my eyes.
Take Away
- 1 N because i needed something to take out u could also take out a Juniper instead
- 1 Pokemon Catcher
- 1 silver bangle i see no need for 3 in the deck
- 1 Colress Machine
And Add
+ 1 Thunderus Ex to get energy back when u lose it
+ 1 Ultra Ball helps get pokemon out faster
+ 1 HypnoToxic Laser Always good to poison opponents
+ 1 Team Plasma Ball Again helps get pokemon out faster

I hope i helped you with your deck and please check my thread out guys

As you may know, many VirGen deck players also run Drifblim (DrX) which is a real effective counter to Team Plasma decks. So, I'd suggest replacing the Keldeo EX with an Absol for a few reasons:
  • Keldeo EX is a huge liability in VirGen matches and its a 2-prize target, whereas Absol is only 1. Absol also can easily 1HKO any Drifblim since it is weak to dark Poké attacks.
  • I really don't believe the "Rush In - Float Stone" tech will be that effective since opponents will definitely target that Float Stone in order for you to expend other resources. Secondly, Garbotoxin can also nullify the pony's Ability.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back