• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

PlasmaKlang Regionals Help

DarkMaster65

Aspired Trainer
Hello Pokebeach.
My Regionals is coming up next Saturday, and I have decided to play PlasmaKlang, To cut a long story short, I was wondering if there were any tweaks I could make in order to improve my consistency.

Pokemon:
4 Klink (DEX)
3 Klinklang (PLS)
1 Klinklang (BW)
3 Cobalion EX
1 Mewtwo EX / Registeel EX
2 Cobalion (NVI)

1 Computer Search / Dowsing Machine (ACE SPEC)
3 Heavy Ball
2 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Max Potion
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 Rare Candy
1 Super Rod
4 Switch
1 Tool Scrapper
2 Ultra Ball

2 Colress
3 N
3 Professor Juniper
3 Skyla

11 Metal Energy

So the strategy of the deck is to get the Plasma Klinklang, up by T2, T3 at the latest, this provides all Metal Pokemon with a safeguard like ability. After this, try and set up the BW Klinklang, with has an ability similar to Hydreigon but for Metal Energy. Then just attack until you take all 6 Prizes.

The deck's main problem is Darkrai/Lasers, they just catcher up the Plasma Klinklang and Poison it, then junk hunt for those two cards back.
I also face the problem of decking out

I know that Tropical Beach is players choice, but I don't have any, but I will try to get at least one on the day. I replaced the Beaches with Lasers because i didn't know what to replace them with.
I also don't know whether to play Registeel or Mewtwo. Mewtwo obviously helps against opposing Mewtwo, and Keldeos, and Registeel helps early game.
Similarly, I don't know whether to play Computer Search or Dowsing Machine, I'm leaning towards Dowsing Machine, but thought i would get your guys's opinion.

Why would you need Mewtwo EX? You don't need a Mewtwo counter with Plasma Steel :p Registeel EX is the better choice. Don't play Colress; it's not consistent enough. Take those out ad add 1 each of N and Professor Juniper. If you can get the Beach, congrats to you. HTL is bad in this deck if you don't, but I could see it working with an opponent's VCG. good luck!

DarkMaster65 said:
MountainDrew said:
I see you shruggle with lasers. Have you thought about keldeo ex?

How would this help?

He helps you get out of Laser Locks. He is good againest fire types since he one shots benchtini. He also is nice, because you can let him take hits early game and then you can Max Potion damage off while your setting up.

Keldeo Ex is a must in this deck. Makes, as Drew said, laser locks much harder. And yes, he is good for one-shotting annoying anti klinklang techs like Benchtini

OK, I'm going to test with Keldeo, what should i take out for it.
Also any thoughts on which Ace Spec I should use?

...Mewtwo can OHKO Victini, which is why people play it. Not for a Mewtwo counter.

DarkMaster65 said:
OK, I'm going to test with Keldeo, what should i take out for it.
Also any thoughts on which Ace Spec I should use?

I prefer computer search to get klinklang up early, but dowsing machine is good to.

try teching a keldeo for the switching as darkrai lazers is popular and can do lots of spread
Pokemon:
4-1-4 Klinklang (3 Plasma 1 Shift)
2 Cobalion EX
2 Cobalion
1 Registeel EX
1 Keldeo EX
Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
1 Tropical Beach/Skyla
3 Skyla
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Catcher
along the lines of something like that 0.o

Switch is better than Keldeo because how would you get Keldeo out of the active spot? Switch/Escape Rope is the way to go, more Switches than Ropes though. Only use ropes if you feel that 4 switch isn't enough to get you through a game.

I like terrakionEX its good against darkrie lasers and energy flow and keldeoEX is is a good counter for landorusEX and those pesky fire types haven't tried trip beach yet probably should not sure how much that are but I found one for five bucks not sure if that's good or not and dowsing mcn good to

I would probably switch out the mewtwo for a registeel(silly, metal have -20 resistance to psychic and you are expecting to get plasma steel out) Also, if you can, switch the tool scrapper for a catcher(more often than not, you wont use tool scrapper, and catcher can catcher up garbador and kill it, not stall until they get another tool)

If you found a Tropical Beach for $5 I wouldn't buy it. Just sayin' It's probably fake/WC deck card.

From the original list, I would do:

-2 HTL
+1 N
+1 Skyla

Hopefully you can get those Tropical Beaches.

Back