PlasmaKlang

^ How I was starting to feel. Without BW Klang, I feel like I might as well stand in the rain without an umbrella after getting my heart broken while wearing minimal clothing. That stuff sucks dude.

I use a 3/1 split of PS/BW. I'd rather have more PS Klinklang to use if one gets prized. Out of the 100+ games I've played with Klingklang, my BW Klinklang has only been prized 2 or 3 times, and even when it was prized, it didn't really hurt me.

I just feel like Plasma decks should give up trying to beat well-built Klinklang decks and just try to donk lol :(
there just isn't a satisfactory non-EX answer to Cobalion EX in Plasma decks.

petertclo said:
I just feel like Plasma decks should give up trying to beat well-built Klinklang decks and just try to donk lol :(
there just isn't a satisfactory non-EX answer to Cobalion EX in Plasma decks.
It depends, if the Klinklang player just cant get set up in time, the Plasma player can effectively set up and still win even after PlasmaKlang hits the field. It just takes some extra effort to set up Kyurem/Snorlax/Absol, more so than for Thundurus.

When I see them flip the Thundurus, I immediately limit my Bench and set up a Cobalion so Absol can't get me and Kyurem doesn't matter.

Serperior said:
When I see them flip the Thundurus, I immediately limit my Bench and set up a Cobalion so Absol can't get me and Kyurem doesn't matter.

I find it hard to limit your bench when you almost always need:
PlasmaKlang
BWKlang
extra Klink/Klang ready to evolve
Cobalion EX
Cobalion NV/Durant

It's just one of those decks that relies on a full bench. Sure, Absol tears through you if you're not careful, but the chances are that you'll be able to revenge kill it back since it only has 100 HP.
As soon as I notice that my opponent plays PlasmaBox, I get the Cobalion EX set up to discard energy. That puts early pressure on their energy supply. Also, never bench Klinks unless you can bench more than one. Plasma players will almost always first try to out speed Klinklang before they set up their non-EX attackers, and they will always succeed unless you bench multiple Klinks. However, benching more Klinks leaves you vunerable to Absol sweep and Kyurem snipes, but its worth it in the long run.

Keeper of Night said:
Serperior said:

I find it hard to limit your bench when you almost always need:
PlasmaKlang
BWKlang
extra Klink/Klang ready to evolve
Cobalion EX
Cobalion NV/Durant

It's just one of those decks that relies on a full bench. Sure, Absol tears through you if you're not careful, but the chances are that you'll be able to revenge kill it back since it only has 100 HP.
As soon as I notice that my opponent plays PlasmaBox, I get the Cobalion EX set up to discard energy. That puts early pressure on their energy supply. Also, never bench Klinks unless you can bench more than one. Plasma players will almost always first try to out speed Klinklang before they set up their non-EX attackers, and they will always succeed unless you bench multiple Klinks. However, benching more Klinks leaves you vunerable to Absol sweep and Kyurem snipes, but its worth it in the long run.

Here's what you actually need
Cobalion EX active

1 Plasmaklang benched
1 Klink benched
MAYBE another Cobalion EX benched

That limits absol to (60) 80, and in all reality he shouldn't even be in TDK (he's a bad tech in that deck imo), where you should really be worrying about absol is in darkrai decks. Not to mention if cobalion is charged up he one shots absol.

^I have to disagree. At the very minimum you need:

Cobalion NV/EX active
Cobalion EX/NV benched (always. they will eventually KO your active and when they do you dont want to be putting Klinks up for slaughter.)
PlasmaKlang
BWKlang (absolutely necessary, it's the only thing that makes up for the decks lack of energy accel.)
extra Klink/Klang (same as with your attckers, they will eventually KO Klinklang. When they do, it is essential that you get another one up the very next turn)

The only spot that is optional is the last spot, which is usually kept open for Durant or another attacker if it is needed. Granted, this cannot be achieved early in the game, but it is the best set up you can have once you have entered mid-game.

My ideal set-up:
Cobalion-EX active
PlasmaKlang
BWKlang
Spare Klink/Cobalion

So I'm taking 80. Unless they have two Deoxys-EX, I'm living for two turns. That's good enough for me. And then I can Max Potion stuff when needed.

What is everyone's thoughts about Ghetsis in this deck? I think that it might be a reasonable inclusion.

SheNinja said:
What is everyone's thoughts about Ghetsis in this deck? I think that it might be a reasonable inclusion.

How is it any different then other decks (excluding Watchlock, of course)? I guess it's alright, but I'd prefer something that's more consistent.

SheNinja said:
It can help see what your opponent has in their hand and counter it.

You can't really counter what they have in their hand. You can a little bit, but dedicating resources to see your opponents hand and get maybe 1-3 cards draw is pretty bad.

This isn't YGO when you can Trap Hole their secret tech and feel good about yourself. If you see their hand, you can bet it's going to change during their next turn when they Juniper, N, or Colress it away. Sure, it might give you a mini-heads up, but it's an inconsistent draw Supporter and relatively useless.

MMAmonchan said:
does anyone have a bare bones skeleton list for this?

Eh, I can try.

4-1-4 Klinklang (2 Plasma, 2 BW)
2 Cobalion EX
2 Cobalion NVI
1 Durant (Pull Out)

3 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
3 Cheren
1 Computer Search/Dowsing Machine (I prefer Dowsing Machine)
3 Heavy Ball
2 Ultra Ball
4 Catcher
1 Super Rod
2 Max Potion
4 Switch
4 Rare Candy

12 Metal Energy

A pretty basic list without Tropical Beach. It's hard to put a skeleton together when it needs so much to work.

But I have a question of my own:
Should Tool Scraper become a staple in this deck? It can really help against both the Garbodor and PlasmaBox matchup, especially since Durant (or Dowsing Machine) can get it back at least once.

to be perfectly honest, i think a tool scrapper should be standard in most decks now.
thanks for the list. is tropical beach completely necessary? like can you survive without?

MMAmonchan said:
to be perfectly honest, i think a tool scrapper should be standard in most decks now.
thanks for the list. is tropical beach completely necessary? like can you survive without?

Tropical Beach does make the deck much better, but, unlike Blastoise, it isnt completely necessary for set up. Just play extra Supporters instead of the 2-3 spaces that Tropical Beach would otherwise fill.

Shaxe said:
Why Juniper and Cheren but no love for Colress?

Because this deck, like most others, has a small bench early game, turning Colress into a dead weight. It might just be me, but I prefer Cheren in this deck.

Back