TCG Fakes Platinum: Unsung Heroes (FINISHED July 17)

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes

PMJ said:
Don't know how you'd see the LV.X cards since I haven't posted them yet, and even if someone did leak you the spoiler list, I've had to make so many changes it may as well not even be there.

The original boxtopper for our set was Mewtwo. It was the epitome of silly (it had things like 67 HP and an attack that did 43 damage, for example), and I decided that since the rest of the set was going to be serious, the boxtopper may as well be, too.

It felt kinda dumb to have Mewtwo, the king of Pokemon, in a set filled with UUs (Darkrai was special request by Xous), so I chose Roserade instead. It won't be out for a while, but I hope you guys like it.

I see now. It is in blue, not hyperlinked as I thought.

Mewtwo with 67 HP and 43 damage - very strange. It would be nice to see cards that don't have a HP and damage that end with 0.

Articuno and Entei are NU Pokemon. They could have been a choice for boxtopper. Roserade is [G]. How nice.

Altogether, the set looks great with a decent amount of cards and amazing faking.

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (NEW Oct 13 2009)

In this update, four new cards have been revealed: Paras, Parasect, Ariados, and Vaporeon.

Enjoy.

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (NEW Oct 13 2009)

Ariados is pretty good, you're going to need either a lot of switches, Unown G or quite a bit of luck to get past that 2nd attack, but it's pretty weak if you do.
Parasect is <3, if you manage to charge it fast enough (Parasect SV?) and to make it heal consistently (you have 2 turns of healing if you paralyse them) or prevent some damage (Cherrim PA comes to mind), that 2nd attack might become quite dangerous.
Vaporeon makes a lot of sense as the bulkiest of the eeveelutions.

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (5 new cards October 16)

Today's update: Scizor, Starly, Wooper, Octillery, and Mr. Mime LV.X.

Enjoy.

I love the new cards you uploaded. Not to broken, but not that bad. I like how Scizor can take advantage of Special Metals. Octillery is pretty unique, Strange behavior would work well with SSU I guess. Wooper is pretty good for a basic, but its attack, Get Slimy, just made me lol. Go! Wooper! Get Slimy! "Woop!" Lol. And Mr. Mime X is pretty good, its pretty broken. Evolve Mime Jr. to SW(or MT) Mime, then lvl up. That way, the pokemon must do less that 70 damage for more than 2 energy. That-is near impossible in our current format.The ultimate stall.

Mr. Mime X pwns. Combine it with your rarest card and you can have it on 8 pokemon. (4 mimes and 4 cards with the attack)

...except you can only have 2 Mr. Mime X in play.

Don't you think Mime X is a little too broken? I mean, seriously, imagine levelling up MT Mime into this one, good luck taking that thing down, any deck not using Dialga GX...
I know Mew ex had the same body, but Cessation Crystal was around back then, and it was an ex, and it could be one-shotted...

The others look great, though. Props to Xous for drawing an insanely cute Wooper :D

^Yes, you do. you can do a pokemon line like 4-3-2-2 (basic, S1, S2, LVX)

I increased the damage from 70 to 100 because I completely forgot that Mr. Mime could do that. :3

Whoops.

Mime has just been slightly less broken now. That rules out:

Flygon X
Slamance X
Gengar(o come on. You know the weakness deal)
Infernape X
Charizard X
Rayquaza X
MachampX hurricane punch/take out/rage
and many more. Gardevior can no longer hurt it at all. Still, an awesome card.

Oh man. Not to sound arrogant or anything, but my Scizor art looks freaking slick when on that card (I think it looks pretty mediocre on its own). But PMJ... level 9? I know you wanted to nerf the OU Pokemon in this set but come on lol

I'll try to draw the Combee, Sentret, Buneary, and Torchic in the set, so expect them sooner or later.

I might be able to draw Ponyta and Sentret. If I can make them look good, I'll post 'em here.

Or does PMJ want the drawings PMed to him?

I already drew Sentret, Bippa.
Wait until PMJ says Yes or No to me first, so that you don't waste your time.

bacon - there's a reason I made him level 9 :D

others - PM me any art you'd like me to use.

Back