PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Jan 2014

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: First of 2014 (text & image)

Keeper of Night said:
I'm going to have to drop out, just don't have the time to get a good submission together.
Good luck everyone!
KoN come on it's just text!

yeah gonna drop out as well

GCSE revision man D:

Is it me, or this month the participation fell drastically? :/ Only 3 entries so far...

Hopefully it's not too challenging, but at least the entries so far are very interesting. Get thinking, people!

nah teal I love the challenge idea

was gonna include either a poke center or a daycare center :(

Come on it only takes like MAX MAX MAX 2 hours right. :3 (If you want to get it totally perfect.)

Btw. there are 4 entries so far.

Stage 1 - Evolves from Cottonee - 90 HP
Whimsicott - δ Delta Species
This Pokémon is both [Y] and [G] type.
Whimsicott_BW.gif

Ability: Cotton Ball Bounce
Once during your turn, (before your attack), you may shuffle Whimsicott and all cards attached to it into your deck. If you do, Bounce your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[Y] Fairy Finding
Search your deck for a [Y] Pokémon that has δ on its card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[G][G] Whirlwind Ride
Your opponent moves a basic Energy from 1 of your Pokémon to another of your Pokémon. You move a basic Energy from 1 of your opponent's Pokémon to another of your opponent's Pokémon. Bounce Whimsicott and your opponent's Active Pokémon. This Pokémon can't use Whirlwind Ride during your next turn.

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance: [D] -20
Retreat Cost: [C]

They float without a care in the world, not knowing that they cause severe allergies to the people they float by.

Bringing back the Delta Species...and Bounce!

Bounce Rulings said:
When a Pokémon is Bounced, flip that Pokémon and all cards attached to it face down. Until the end of the next player's turn, Bounced Pokémon cannot attack, Retreat, Level Up, nor evolve. At the end of the next player's turn, flip over the Bounced Pokémon. Any Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the Bounced Pokémon. Bounced Pokémon cannot be Bounced.

Scenario:

Player A's Whimsicott uses Whirlwind Ride to Bounce itself and Player B's Poisoned Active Pokémon (Sableye for example). Sableye does not take damage from Poison moving into Player B's turn because it is Bounced and face down. The Special Condition remains, however. Whimsicott and Sableye is flipped face up at the end of Player B's turn.

Q&A:

Q: Can a Bounced Pokémon be on the Bench?
A: Yes.

Q: Can Bounced Pokémon be "un"Bounced in any way?
A: No. You can use cards like Switch and Escape Rope to move the Bounced Pokémon around, but it remains Bounced until the end of the next player's turn.

Q: Is "Bounced" a Special Condition?
A: No.

Q: Are Bounced Pokémon affected by attacks, Abilities, Poké-Powers, or Poké-Bodies?
A: Yes. Bounced Pokémon cannot do anything for the turn they are Bounced, but they can still be targeted for attacks and other effects. Apply normal rules when an "un"Bounced Pokémon attacks a Bounced Pokémon.

Thanks!

Wha... How did I miss this the entire month of January?! This sounds really awesome! Maaaaaaaaaaaan. Well, I guess I could still join, but I think I'll just wait until next month. Good luck to everyone. I'll be quietly lurking in this thread, complaining to myself about how bad all of your entries are.

KZHXZdf.png

The sideboard would revolutionize the way Pokemon is played. Let's just say for the sake of figuring out something, we'll say a 10-card sideboard. Assume there are a couple other cards that let you pull your sideboarded cards out or something, I dunno. w/e

Machamp The Champion said:
Wha... How did I miss this the entire month of January?! This sounds really awesome! Maaaaaaaaaaaan. Well, I guess I could still join, but I think I'll just wait until next month. Good luck to everyone. I'll be quietly lurking in this thread, complaining to myself about how bad all of your entries are.
join

join

join

Teal said:
Machamp The Champion said:
join

join

join

I would have 3 days to make a card, with a new mechanic, and I'm already busy with 2 Werewolf games, The Challenge, and editing videos, and I would have to read through the thread to make sure my new mechanic wasn't already used.

Eh, why not? I'll join.

I put my card together in like an hour so

Teal said:
Keeper of Night said:
I'm going to have to drop out, just don't have the time to get a good submission together.
Good luck everyone!
KoN come on it's just text!

-_-
Fine.

Sign me back up then. Will make my card now.

Somebody post so my card doesn't seem edited.

Back with a vengence entry:
[P] Muk 110 HP
089.png

Ability: Acid Armor
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may place 1 Defense marker on this Pokémon. This Pokémon cannot use Acid Armor during your next turn.

[P] Gunk Shot 20
Does 20 Damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

[P][C][C] Acid Spray 50+
This attack does 10 more damage for each Defense marker on this Pokemon. Then, remove all Defense markers on the this Pokémon.

Weakness: [P] Resistence: ___ Retreat: [C][C]
Its body is made of a powerful poison. Touching it accidentally will cause a fever that requires bed rest.

Defense marker ruling:
Whenever the pokémon with a Defense marker is attacked, reduce that damage by 10 for each Defense marker on that pokémon.
I'm not going to pretend that it's overly creative, but it is a new mechanic.

Keeper of Night said:
Back with a vengence entry:
[P] Muk 110 HP
089.png

Ability: Acid Armor
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may place 1 Defense marker on this Pokémon. This Pokémon cannot use Acid Armor during your next turn.

[P] Gunk Shot 20
Does 20 Damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

[P][C][C] Acid Spray 50+
This attack does 10 more damage for each Defense marker on this Pokemon. Then, remove all Defense markers on the this Pokémon.

Weakness: [P] Resistence: ___ Retreat: [C][C]
Its body is made of a powerful poison. Touching it accidentally will cause a fever that requires bed rest.

Defense marker ruling:
Whenever the pokémon with a Defense marker is attacked, reduce that damage by 10 for each Defense marker on that pokémon.
I'm not going to pretend that it's overly creative, but it is a new mechanic.

I like that, it kinda works like Stockpile and Spit Up. :D

I'm glad somebody caught that, it's exactly what I was going for.
I almost chose Swalot, but a Muk with Acid Armor was too good to pass up.

Then, remove all Defense markers on the this Pokémon.
I see how it is.

What day does this end? I'm hoping to use the same Pokemon I'm creating for The Challenge's Challenge 9 to make a card, so I'm hoping I won't take too long to do that.

Back