PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Oct. 2014 - Ghost

I thought that the Randomizer last month was so fun, that I used it to determine my Pokemon, by setting it to just Ghost Types, and the one I got was Honedge, so I guess I'll be doing Aegislash! Qwilfish was used for reference on the Ability.
Stage 2 / Aegislash /// HP140 [M]
680.png
Evolves from Doublade
681.gif

If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), flip a coin. If heads, discard a basic Energy attached to the Attacking Pokémon. If tails, discard a Special Energy attached to the Attacking Pokémon.

[M] [C] [C] Blade of the Fallen Hero 60+
Does 10 more damage for each [P] Pokémon (excluding Pokémon-EX) in your discard pile.

Weakness [R]x2 Resistance [P]x2

Retreat [C] [C] [C]

Reggie McGigas said:
If these kind of Pokemon aren't allowed give me a holla.

[Stage 2] Xamatter HP 130 [D]
Evolves from Dargost
darkrai.gif

[Ability] Antimatter
During your attack, you may do 40 more damage. If you do, this Pokémon has a Weakness of [P] during your opponent's next turn.

[D][C] Nether Power
Flip 3 coins. If exactly 1 of them are heads, this attack does 30 damage. If exactly 2 are heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused. If all of them are heads, this attack does 50 damage and your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused.

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

Looks like this thread got...

shuffled

Aww-Yeah-meme.png

Check the Pokedex 2.0 thread. This guy is Ghost/Dark.

Is that srsly allowed? Like, I'm pretty sure only official Pokemon are allowed, but I leave THAT verdict up to Luispipe Heavenly Spoon.

Oh I missed signup?
*cries*

If you guys expand it to 20 again (which you really should) Then put me in for text

I know PMJ already in-ed for us, just confirming that I will, indeed, be doing artwork for him, because it feels weird to not have a post in this thread.

After speaking with HS, we have decided to increase text-based to 20 for this round.

Sign-up now!

@Wigglytuff & steffenka: Added

Here.

Mismagius%2520EX.png

I won't win anything with this, but at least it gave me the boost I needed to start doing the art for my first EX.

I inspired the attack on sandstorm gardevoir ex's psystorm, one of my favourite attacks in the game, and one that won me quite a few battles. It should do 40 as a basis (misdreavus + mismagius EX + 2 psychic energies) and it rises with each card in play; the purpose of the attack is to encourage use of stadiums, supporters and basic pokemon as well to keep them well stocked with energies. The power is there to keep more overpowered pokemon at bay, because EXs are seriously overpowered and need to be brought down a notch, but maybe it's mismagius that is overpowered, I don't know, really, but in any case, she deserves it.

Mismagius evolves from misdreavus instead of being basic because TPCi is stupid, aand, I think that's all.

Now, back to work.

professorlight said:
Here.

I'M SO HAPPY

I won't win anything with this, but at least it gave me the boost I needed to start doing the art for my first EX.

I inspired the attack on sandstorm gardevoir ex's psystorm, one of my favourite attacks in the game, and one that won me quite a few battles. It should do 40 as a basis (misdreavus + mismagius EX + 2 psychic energies) and it rises with each card in play; the purpose of the attack is to encourage use of stadiums, supporters and basic pokemon as well to keep them well stocked with energies. The power is there to keep more overpowered pokemon at bay, because EXs are seriously overpowered and need to be brought down a notch, but maybe it's mismagius that is overpowered, I don't know, really, but in any case, she deserves it.

Mismagius evolves from misdreavus instead of being basic because TPCi is stupid, aand, I think that's all.

Now, back to work.

*Cries in a corner that nobody liked his Aegislash*

Looks great! The idea of mixing a RSE/BW/XY concept with a more retro-looking blank really feels original! Prof. Light pulls through again1

Basic Banette-EX HP160 [P]
When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

banette.gif

[Ability] Unleashed Grudge
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is in your hand, you may reveal it. If you do, put damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokémon equal to the amount of Energy in your hand. Then, discard your hand.

[P] [P] Voodoo Madness 40
Attach 2 different types of basic Energy cards from your discard pile to this Pokémon. During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

weakness [D]x2 resistance [F]-20
retreat
[C]
I will unleash my grudge on Luis for choosing Banette as well... Anyway, I chose Banette as it is my favorite ghost Pokemon due to it's awesome Mega!
Now all the cards used for reference (more than Luis, BTW):
Ability: ND 54/99; FF 40/106; BC 99/149
Attack: XY 122/141; BC 126/149; DE 22/124; XY13; XY 44/141

You wouldn't believe how many versions of this Banette I had to make since my original ideas were to similar either to a previous competition entry by someone else (Stadium) or a specific Ditto (Transform).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like's GadgetJax's Aegislash to make him feel better.

Ice Arceus said:
After speaking with HS, we have decided to increase text-based to 20 for this round.

Sign-up now!

@Wigglytuff & steffenka: Added
God Bless your soul. You shall not be disappointed.

I would like to join for image based again.

Hopefully I will actually be able to submit something this time.

professorlight said:
Here.

Now, back to work.

To be fair, would anyone actually use a stage 1 EX when there are basic EX's?

Reggie McGigas said:
professorlight said:
Here.

Now, back to work.

No, but if basic Pokémon-EX didn't exist (they shouldn't.), they would because it's actually an interesting card compared to literally 99% of current Pokémon-EX.

Not all EXs in the past were basic and image based entries aren't restricted to a specific era so usability in the current metagame isn't that important I guess.

Here's my entry!

[Stage 1] Cofagrigus HP120 [P]
Evolves from Yamask

cofagrigus.gif

(Ability) Destiny Bond
If this Pokemon is Knocked Out by an attack, the Attacking Pokémon is also Knocked Out.

[P][C] Gold Toss 70
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Paralyzed. If tails, choose 1 Energy card attached to your opponent’s Active Pokémon and discard it.

Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat: [C][C]
They pretend to be elaborate coffins to teach lessons to grave robbers. Their bodies are covered in pure gold.

So for the 3rd time in a row, I've been using a ghost type Pokemon in a CAC :D
Anyways, since the theme for this month was Ghost-type, I chose my favorite: Cofagrigus. In most of Cofagrigus' dex entries it mentions how it's either covered in pure gold or eats gold nuggets, so that's where the attack name comes from. Hope y'all like, and good luck to the rest of ya ;)

steffenka said:
Here's my entry!

Evolves from Yamask

cofagrigus.gif

(Ability) Destiny Bond
If this Pokemon is Knocked Out by an attack, the Attacking Pokémon is also Knocked Out.

[P][C] Gold Toss 70
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Paralyzed. If tails, choose 1 Energy card attached to your opponent’s Active Pokémon and discard it.

They pretend to be elaborate coffins to teach lessons to grave robbers. Their bodies are covered in pure gold.

Anyways, since the theme for this month was Ghost-type, I chose my favorite: Cofagrigus. In most of Cofagrigus' dex entries it mentions how it's either covered in pure gold or eats gold nuggets, so that's where the attack name comes from. Hope y'all like, and good luck to the rest of ya ;)

Considering that the text says that it has an Ability, am I correct in assuming that this is B/W or X/Y era?

GadgetJax said:
steffenka said:
Here's my entry!

Evolves from Yamask

cofagrigus.gif

(Ability) Destiny Bond

[P][C] Gold Toss 70

Considering that the text says that it has an Ability, am I correct in assuming that this is B/W or X/Y era?

Yes that's correct. Why, did I write something wrong?

Reggie McGigas said:
professorlight said:
Here.

Now, back to work.

Depends; do you want to have fun? or just have a disappointing curbstomp battle?

As fletchie said, EX's shouldn't be basics, their whole point is that they're more powerful than regular stage 2s and even legendaries, so why on heaven would you make a superpowered pokemon you can use immediately without any drawbacks whatsoever? at least with evolved EXs you must work to get them up, use other cards in your deck, evolve your pokemon.
Basic EXs should be either weaker than stage 2 EXs, and/or require a higher energy cost, like cresselia EX, which I've used in conjunction with psychic mirage gardevoir; but even then, setting up gardevoir for cresselia takes some work, I don't start off spamming 80 damage and losing weakness.

steffenka said:
GadgetJax said:

Yes that's correct. Why, did I write something wrong?

No, nothing just wondering. kekekekekeke

Back