Writing PokéGuardians: The Legend of Lost Bells

Luckyfire

Aspiring Trainer
googles
The Legend of Lost Bells

Rating: PG-13 for:
  • Moderate use of strong language
  • Moderate violence
If you think I should add more warnings, inform me as soon as possible.

Credits to: Nobody as of now.

Additional Notes: This story will include several Pokebeach members, which are currently unnamed. Some may appear sooner, some much later.

Table of Contents
Prologue: Part One- 1,054 words
Prologue: Part Two- 1,719 words
Prologue: Part Three- 2,415 words
Prologue: Part Four- 536 words (o_O)
Chapter One: One Morning- 1,407 words
Chapter Two: The Gates- 2,491 words

Prologue: Part One

Alex played a SoulSilver game that he'd found in his sister's room. He studied it carefully. At first, there had been the shiny Lugia with that deep-sea background, a few creepy Magikarp swam along. Then those words showed up on the black screen, scripted in rusty-red handwriting.​

"This is a life-death game. Proceed?" A "Yes/No" box popped up. Alex didn't hesitate to click "Yes". "Are you truly sure you want to go ahead?" The screen was now stained with blood spills and shadows were projected, as if he was the victim and an Arceus-like figure walked towards him in the shadows. Alex shuddered. It looked so real... he reached out to see if it was real. It wasn't. He sighed and clicked "Yes".

Within the flash of a second, his eyes were suddenly filled with flashing lights, his fingers twitching uncontrollably, and then Alex blacked out. The last voice that came out of his mouth was a horrific scream. The last words he heard was not his mother's, but of his sister's.

"Alex!" There was a panicked note in her voice. "Don't black out! Don't leave her all alone!"

Alex thought about it. Who was this "her" his sister was talking about? Right in front of his eyes, the entire video game screen popped up. But oddly enough, it seemed to not be a screen, but as the fog grew lucid, the Reverse World became more realistic and even more eerie. A large island welcomed the human being warmly, but he did not see any warmth within this diameter; all he saw was the beginning of something that was bound to haunt him for the rest of his living days.

Once more, the 'screen' slowly blackened. After about thirty seconds, it revealed, showing Alex's bed. He awoke, and got up. The boy went downstairs, and it was not his mother that waited; it was his very sister, who had fallen into a coma after playing the DS game that Alex no longer had.

"Welcome to Lost Bells." This was all she could say, for Alex was suddenly transported to a familiar lab in the blink of an eye. It looked fairly normal, except that the entire room was totally black, except for him and someone standing at the very center with a PC.

"Alex, you may choose a shiny Pokemon from one of the boxes."

Alex reached out his hand to touch the keyboard, but he soon had second thoughts. If this was reality, then what would the Pokemon look like? He pushed the question aside, and typed "ABSOL". Right away, the boy sensed that something was wrong. The computer didn't respond.

"Alex." The man slanted his eyes. "Are you sure that you want an Absol?"

What's wrong with boys and Absols? Alex thought. "Yeah, sir." The man remained silent. With a press of a button, a Dusk Pokeball popped out of a slot. The boy picked it up cautiously. Who knew what would come out of this Pokeball?

"Press the button," the man said, "and the Absol will come out." Alex held up the robotic ball in his hand, unsure whether to open it or not. "You may hesitate. It is not required to open the Pokeball." Then the man disappeared.

"Wait! Wait!" Alex shouted. "You can't...!" He looked at the Pokeball. All seemed sane and well... but was that it? Was that all that had been done? Unwilling to accept this odd peace and silence, he shook his head. Suddenly, his eye caught a glimpse of something, perhaps the wave of a dark blur, sweeping out over a set of regular Pokeballs sitting on a table in the corner. A foul-smelling scent arose around the room, its owner revealed only by its voice.

"Disgusting boy, takin' a cursed Absol. Should've never been born."

Something else blocked the foul smell. The temperature suddenly dropped. "The boss will be glad when we kill him."

"You can't! The legend!-" a hoarse voice shouted, met by a sharp cry of pain. Alex screamed and accidentally dropped the Dusk Ball. Unfortunately, it landed right on its button. Black smoke flew out of the opening, and a rust-reddish flash spread out across the lab. For a few seconds, all Alex could see was red. The flash faded quickly, and then the boy looked down. A pale-pinkish figure stood before him, its black, catlike face showing the slightest hint of fear. It seemed to be awaiting his orders.

"Uh..." Alex stammered. "Could you find the source of those voices?"

It raised an invisible brow. The albino cougar -or whatever it was- nodded, and turned around, cocking its head. Alex noticed that sticking out from its head's right was a vertical, curved horn. This was indeed an Absol, except that it looked shiny. The Pokemon did one final tilt, and then it looked back at Alex.

"Nobody's here."

"W-what? You can talk?" Alex looked around, but there was nobody in the lab except for him and that Absol.

"Yeah. What are you going to call me? Dumb?" it snorted.

Alex noticed a high pitch in its voice. "You're a girl?"

"Yup. I'm surprised you even caught on at all. What you going to call me?"

Naming a girl? Alex hoped he hadn't blushed. Maybe he could call her something cool. "Okay, what do you think of my choices- Firestar, Amber, or Shark?"

"Amber sounds too honey-filled, Firestar is too manly, and Shark is just plain idiotic, if you ask me," she growled.

"Do you have any ideas?"

"Yeah. Call me by my real name: Coco. At least that's normal," Coco shrugged.

Alex sighed. This wasn't going to be easy. "Okay, Coco. Just wondering: do you know Perish Song? 'Cause I don't want you using it on me."

"I got rid of that move five years ago. And don't worry; I don't want to kill you and then myself. I'll die on my own terms without that silly song. So, why don't we go outside? I need to fight. I feel like I'm going to explode with energy. Hurry up before I actually explode!" the Absol joked.

Alex laughed. "Sure," he said, and walked outside, taking his Dusk Ball and Coco with him. But he bumped into someone. Alex froze. The teenager looked very familiar.

"Chad?"

---

Enjoy! ~Luckyfire
And, one more thing. This is pretty old, from a while ago, so don't be surprised if some of the chapters (or prologues) I post have a lot of mistakes. For another, I can explain why this prologue is only a part. The real story happens six years after... oh, wait, I can't spoil it. :>

RE: [PG-13] googles: The Legend of Lost Bells

Bump.

Still no critiques? Aw, thought I'd at least get some. I assume there's no mistakes in Prologue: Part One, but a little praise would be nice.

I got nothing to do, so why not xD I read this before, but it wasn't getting any posts so I slinked away for the time being. I think how you laid out the world as far as different rules than the games is pretty good, I would try to add more description about the scene though. My only other critique is that I wouldn't use the name "Alex" so much, especially since there was only one boy in this particular chapter. I know teachers are all like 'GRRRR no pronouns!', but I'd use some so it's not repetitive. Anyway, good luck and I'll be watching!

Thank you for the critique, Joeypals! Now for Part Two of the prologue. ^.^
/me shoots a thousand words at everybody who hasn't read this. (note: this is 1,719 words)

---

Prologue: Part Two

“Aha! So there you are! Finally!” Chad said. He’d been lurking around his so-called ‘best’ friend’s home, in real life and not the video game. That friend was Alex. Blah planned to try and hurt something that Alex held so close to his heart: his sister, and soon, every single Pokemon would be in danger. But it was only the beginning. “You can call me Blah now.”​

“Cha-“ the word suddenly changed to a “Blah! How’d you get here? You- you stole my game, didn’t you?!”

Chad, or Blah, only chuckled. “Yeah, I’m not gonna lie. And I got sucked in, same as you. Would you care to race over there?” he offered, pointing to a tree stump on the horizon.

Yanesk, an Acclegor, and also Blah’s google, shook his disembodied body –or whatever it was- out of protest. “No. You can’t race. Too dangerous. Besides, there are wild Pokemon out there.”

Coco nodded in agreement. “Yes. We can’t go out there; too risky. The sun sets over there. Let’s battle instead, eh?” she suggested with a smile. Alex and Blah looked at each other, and both rivals nodded. Perhaps, they would be able to bond in battle. All the google would have to do was simply say “Battle.” The ground shook, its cracks opening up with an eerie glow. It groaned and creaked, then opened up what seemed to be a scary landscape. The night sky turned a misty violet. Sharp, purplish rocks shot at the edges. Soon it turned into a forest of spikes and thorns. The trainers stood incredulously, in awe at this sight. ”How?”

“It is merely a illusion,” the pink Absol chuckled. “The spikes won’t hurt us.”

They stood, each trainer at an edge of the field, unsure what to do. Blah, always fast to act, attacked first. “Yanesk, use Spite!” His google began chanting a ghoulish spell, casting it upon Coco. She was in a trance, transfixed by the green smog spewing out of Yanesk’s head.

What? What is this? Have I experienced this before? No; in my training, they used every single move on me. If a Pokemon uses Spite, s/he does not spew out green smog. Coco coughed slightly. It reeked of rotten who-knows-what. And then she remembered what her father once said:

”Coco, each Pokemon’s attacks vary greatly. The moves you shall see during your Guardian phase will be stronger, much stronger than what they use on you now.”

Coco felt nauseous and dizzy. Not the spinning sort of dizzy, but the kind where translucent spots covered everything and made your eyes hurt. This wasn’t like the video game. This was real battling. The moves they’d used during training had been weak. But this was a completely different situation. The Absol struggled to return the attack. Return! An idea burst into her head. What if she used Return? It could work! But still, she didn’t know the move. Coco wished she’d learned the move though a TM.

Something fueled her. Whichever it was power or faith, she didn’t care. But now warmth spread through her rigid bones and body, which had gone numb due to the Spite. Coco turned her head to the Accelgor and glared at him, her green eyes shining brightly and burning. It was Leer. Yanesk froze for a moment, then seemed to almost flinch, not just out of fear, but out of pain. He tried to use Curse, but somehow, he just couldn’t do it.

Coco was mystified at this. Had she used something much stronger than just Leer?

The trainer, Blah, told Yanesk to use Toxic. He nodded. “Leave this to us. Don’t command us around unless…” the Acclegor never finished the sentence. Coco ambushed him from behind, using Slash. But instead of light flowing through her claws, she felt and saw darkness coursing though her claws, her blood, her entire body. The pink Absol looked behind her out of terror. Alex was speechless. He saw blackness not only replace the greenness in Coco’s eyes, but also the violet sky. It was a solar eclipse, and their eyes quickly darted away from the sight. But during this time, a worn-out Acclegor fainted, and his trainer disappeared.

”Cursed and dangerous!” a very familiar voice lashed out at Coco. Coco must have had heard this voice at some point, but then again, how could it be both unfamiliar and familiar?

”She’s escaped! Traitor!” Another voice echoed throughout the barren landscape. Alex felt that the last word –traitor- was aimed at him. But why?

Coco looked over to her left. A spiky, purple cave formed. Curiously, she walked closer. An alien figure appeared. Its colouring was mostly green and grey. Its ‘ears’ did not have holes, but they were rather more hornlike in comparison. It had three fingers per paw- or were they even paws? Nonetheless, Coco knew that the alien was Mewtwo, an extremely powerful force to be reckoned with. The Absol wondered how long she’d last.

“It is extremely rare for one to be abandoned in a box for decades,” the Mewtwo began, “and when that happens, a curse grows. It grows and grows until the Pokemon either dies, or, through some extraordinary event, its bond with its Trainer is broken. If such a bond between the twosome is broken, even shattered into pieces, then…” A chill ran down through the Mewtwo’s spine. It was difficult to imagine. “…it will change everything if it is too strong. A shattered bond could even alter time. Or any existence.”

“W-whaaaaat?” Coco’s voice became even more high-pitched.

The Mewtwo’s eyes wildly darted around and locked on Coco’s. “Do not underestimate me, puny being! I can obliterate you without question!” His eyes were blazing as if looks could kill. “Luf! Ica! Gafro!” he snapped behind him.

First, a lime-yellowish, puppylike figure walked weakly towards the three. It seemed to limper, and bloody bandages were wrapped around its limbs. There were so much blood strains in its fur that you couldn’t even tell if it was lime-yellow or orange. Its ears hung limply in the air as if they had ran out of energy. Tiny jolts of lightning sparked around its paws as it walked. Most of its coloring were lime yellow, except for an area around its chest that was white. Decidedly, from its eyes, the Absol could tell that it was feminine.

Next up, another Pokemon walked a slightly faster than the Jolteon. This one was yellow as well, but only a dull color. However, its eyes—oh, they’d shone down on the Jolteon with such a radiance that even she seemed alarmed. It was somewhat horse-like, yes, it was a horse, but it had no fur. Instead, the ‘fur’ was replaced by a smooth surface, a bit like those of turtles’ or lizards’. Something levitated around his body, and it seemed to be four icy, razor-sharp plates. His ‘hooves’ were sharply pointed down.

Arceus! Alex felt a chill run down his spine.

But most oddly of all, a crocodile trailed behind the Ice Arceus. His eyes were a bright tan, and the same color spun around his body and tail in the form of stripes. Below those stripes were a dark brown. It was a Krokorok.

“I’m Gafro,” he said loudly.

The Ice Arceus stiffly nodded. “Ica.”

Alex looked at the Jolteon. Surely it must be Luf. She wept on the ground. “And you must be Luf,” he tried to cheer her up.

Instead of a cheerful response, she replied, “I hate the name. I wanna go away.” In anger to this, the Mewtwo shot a Hyper Beam at the Jolteon. Luf let out a low moan. Coco felt sorry.

“Luf! You know the rules, you piece of garbage! Now say your name!” Mewtwo harshly commanded.

“No!” Luf buried her head in her paws and cried. The Mewtwo whipped her with his tail.

“Wh-what? Why do you treat her so harshly?” Alex stammered, slightly shocked at his commands. He’d never seen anything like this.

“Unless you can find somebody to keep her, I don’t give a sh** about her.”

Gafro shook his head. “Boy, you gotta keep the language level a bit low…”

A slap met his cheek. “You shut up, rookie!”

“I’ve never seen you act like this, Brutus,” Ica pointed out. “If you treat your PokeProtectors like this, then I’m leaving. You aren’t worthy.” A glowing orb appeared in his mouth. It then grew dark, sort of like a Dark Void, and suddenly shot towards Brutus. A scream full of curses emerged from the Mewtwo’s mouth, but the orb had transformed into a dark portal and swallowed him.

Luf, overcome by this, felt dizzy. She tried to maintain her sanity and gulped. “Y-you just banished him to where now?”

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe the Reverse Underworld or something.”

WHAT?!” Gafro screamed. The landscape around them faded into the normal forest. But it was obviously clear that the sun could come up at any time.

“Listen!” Coco said sharply, trying to change the topic. “The sun is going to rise. We all need to get to bed.” Everybody nodded, suddenly tired.

“Hold on, Coco. Where do we sleep?” Alex asked.

“Oh, c’mon, human. Follow me,” Coco rolled her eyes. “On second thought, just ride me. I’ll take you there.” Alex nodded, and stepped up on Coco’s back. The Absol ran forward with the speed of three miles per hour. After about five minutes, they arrived at a house with the sign: “ALEXANDER’S HOME”.

“Wow. I didn’t know you could run that fast,” Alex was breathless.

“Unngh, me too,” Coco coughed. Again, transculent spots danced around her eyes. It was really annoying. “Ohhhh…” she groaned.

“Coco? You alright?”

“Whut? Wh-where am I…?” She struggled to keep her vision steady, but all she could see was a white wall. Slowly she dropped to the ground, her eyes closed.

Huh? No crits? Aw.

---

Prologue: Part Three

Eventually, it darkened. She was back in the real world. But where? She opened her eyes.​

“Hey, she’s waking up! Finally!” the voice of a Ninetales sprang out.

Another voice replied. “Yeah. It seems like she’s had a tough time… maybe even blacked out. Excuse me, but who are you?”

What? Where’s Alex? Coco cocked her head. “Umm… I am Coco. Why do you ask?”

The purple Ninetales stood up. “Because we wanted to know if you were a google. Now we know you are. Well, I’m called Dark Giratina ‘round these parts. Dark G for short. And- hey, Fur, come on out!” Dark G snarled behind his back. A pale-purple Eevee fell out of the pine tree behind the Ninetales.

“Not nice!” he shouted. “Anyways, I’m Reshiwott. But for some reason, they call me Furball, or Fur for short.”

“Why are you here? Where am I?” Coco hissed.

Dark G glanced at the Absol. “We scared off your Trainer. We thought he’d killed you or something. And you’re in what we call Starry Forest. Beyond those woods,” he looked over the pine woods, “lies a hill named Cursed Hill. I don’t know why it’s called that.” The Absol felt a chill when she heard the word ‘Cursed’.

“There are some rumors that once you sleep there, you’ll never wake up again,” Furball continued.

Coco’s brain was battered with a thousand questions, but she resisted somehow to only falter by pouring out the question: ”Why are you called Dark G?” She immediately regretted ever giving in to ask just one question about their personal lives. For Dark G was not just a Ninetales; but entirely something else as well. He must have known about Coco’s past life.

The Ninetales peered closely at the Disaster Pokemon. “Why do you ask? Please be honest.” He then turned his head to Furball, who was daydreaming. “Furball, you go away as far as possible. Understood?”

Furball opened his mouth, but instantly closed it. He nodded, wondering if he’d have killed him just for speaking. Coco seemed awfully important to this Ninetales. Or whatever else was important. The purple Eevee ran away with only one thought: I must stop hanging around Dark G.

Dark G twisted his head back towards Coco. She nervously scratched the grass, unwilling to answer instantly but instead trying cautiously to think of something quickly. The Ninetales decided to be patient. She will tell you only part of everything, for this place is surrounded by wild Pokemon.

Finally, after a moment, she replied. “I don’t understand why they called you after a Pokemon that was long gone, banished to the Reverse World.”

“So you decided to ask me why they call me Dark G. I see,” Dark G sighed. The moonlight shimmered off his whitish-purple fur. His red eyes dulled to a rusty brown. They searched around for something. “We must go somewhere safe,” he furtively whispered.

Where? Coco cocked her head to ask. Then a thought squirmed its way into her brain. It slowly revealed itself. Discuss…dream… business to be done… The Absol suddenly closed her eyes for no reason. I am being forced to sleep, she silently mouthed as she fell. All communication to the outside world was closed off.

---​

Her consciousness returned, along with its comfort of the knowledge that she was still alive. The Ninetales, apparently, had spared her. But Coco was still too muddled; too much confused to even think. When all her five senses returned, she tried to think of something. But it became quite lucid that this was virtually impossible. Coco would need a nudge, something to help her. But how was it so? How could someone even contact her when she still was disabled? It was almost torturing.

After an indeterminable amount of time, something came along in the midst of all the chaos that wreaked havoc on this poor Absol’s brain. It was a whitish-purple blur at first, distant yet close. It then ran closer and closer to Coco. It took the form of an albino fox, an abnormally large one, with several tails. Nine, to be exact. The vulpine mammal gradually stopped. One of its tails reached out with its bluish tip to touch the Absol. Words sped by slowly around her, and memories, long-term and short-term, returned to their respective places. Familiar scents, sightings, taste, and feelings reached out to comfort her.

She opened one eye with mediocre effort, the other within a second. They focused on the being. Sensors identified it as a Ninetales.

“Dark G…” Coco managed.

“…Ugh…”

“Wh-why did you use Hypnotize?”

The Ninetales waited for Coco to recover. “…because I had to. Because it wasn’t safe for you. You see, I am from Cursed. Yes, that box. And so I was able to flee from my Trainer. Not only because I was a Pokevirus-infected google, but also because he was the very first Trainer to use the GlitchSilver system. There wasn’t many rules back then, and I was able to free myself from the control of that Luxury Ball. But somehow, that Pokeball put itself back together. So I stayed shiny, thank goodness. I fled into the forest, and I’ve been living there ever since.”

Coco blinked, and cocked her head.

“Oh, you want me to tell more about my past? That’s good to hear,” Dark G smiled. “Well, I should tell you something before I begin. Should I tell you or tell after the story?”

She hesitated. “Well… um…” Coco muttered, unsure what to say or do.

“So I’ll not tell you, not now. As a matter of fact—“ the words escaped from his lips. “Nevermind that. Anyhow, I was one of the first 103 Pokemon that got encoded into this game. We’ve existed for decades. I saw him decoding the game, hacking it. It was a GBA game back then. But suddenly –just a very quick glimpse- something dropped a SoulSilver game. GodArceus666 went over and picked it up. He then connected this portal to the other DS game, and sucked in us. We were horrified. We changed from normal color to shiny as we transferred. He was able to create a replica of the Reverse World that Giratina lived in, too. A huge floating island…” Dark G silently swore he’d get all the Pokemon from Cursed Box back to their normal forms. Then he thought of something.

“Hey… what is the box’s name that you came from?”

“Huh? C-cursed. Why do you ask?” Coco was somewhat reluctant to reveal her box’s name.

She’s from Cursed?! The Ninetales’s eyes widened. “Cursed… So you’re from that box? The one formerly named Coco…? But how? How did you keep your true name?”

“You know Alex, my owner? He gave me three choices, but I didn’t like any of them. So he asked what name I wanted, and I told him my real name.” Coco only slightly blushed, but fortunately the Ninetales didn’t notice.

What he did notice was the Absol’s glowing horn. “Your horn is glowing…?” Coco turned to her right. Sure enough, the air around the horn was glowing pink. It’s time to leave. “No!” the pink Absol tried to resist, but something of a powerful force pulled her away from the Ninetales. It pulled her away until she fell into this unseeable thing that wasn’t just invisible, but a completely different color that nobody could see. Everything changed…

---​

She opened her tightly closed eyelids to see that she was sitting on a comfy, red beanbag in a house. How? Alex must have had put her down into the beanbag. Coco looked around. Daylight glimmered through the windows. Huh. I can’t roam during day. What a stupid rule. And then she remembered the dream. A Ninetales called Dark G… and that cute little Furball… But was it all a dream? Did they only exist in her dreams? No. That couldn’t be. But Dark G definitely did exist. Coco could recall his voice, his words…

”Cursed… So you’re from that box? The one formerly named Coco? But how? How did you keep your true name?”

She embarrassedly buried her head deeper into the beanbag. I was wandering around when I heard someone calling my name. She hadn’t had any romantic thoughts, except for maybe that she thought it was her long-lost parents. But googles were always loyal to their masters- no, Trainers. But Alex…? Why would a boy choose a feminine-looking Pokemon when he could pick a tough Pokemon like Aggron or Tyranitar? Well, only with the exception of Umbreon, because they were both cute and deadly cool.

Coco looked over to where seemed to be a doorless gate to the kitchen, and craved a PokeMuffin. Hunger… maybe I could get up and eat some. There aren’t any rules that disallow roaming in your own home. She jumped off the beanbag and tip-toed towards the kitchen. Inside it was warm and the air filled with sweet smells. One included the PokeMuffin aroma. The mixture of smells, however, was pungent for one filled with sweets. Maybe Coco had hated sweets before, but it was too overwhelming and made her feel full. The pink Absol dismissed the option to eat and decided to study her new-found home. Her green eyes locked on a Pikachu doll. I’ve always had a eternal hatred for Pikachu, she thought. Why did she hate all Pikachu? Was it because they were the mascot for the show? No, never. Curiously, Coco walked up to the television set, which the Pokedoll lay on her left. The Absol stood up on her hind legs and picked up the doll with her right paw. She then put the other paw down and plopped down in her beanbag, the Pokedoll still in her paw.

She rolled it around in her paws. Why do I hate them? Was it for something they’d done? Then for just a moment, there was a pang of pain in her brain, as if it was trying to figure something out that was beyond its abilities. Unconsciously, Coco suddenly flung the doll angrily towards the wall, as if in response to the pain. But little did she know that the hatred was much more that just a, well, hatred for Pikachu. The Absol thought about this for minutes. Would that be a hint to my past?

Yes, a voice answered. Do you remember anything? Anything or anybody of the past?

It was hypnotic and pulled her towards the brink of sleep. What? Not again. Who is this? Is it Dark Giratina? The room transformed into a darkly but rather fiery atmosphere. The wisps of fire that jumped around were not red but dark blue, with faint tinges of green. The ceiling turned into the sky, which was a very dark shade of blue. Everything on the border of the horizon was a charred forest that surrounded then.

“Yes, but there is also somebody else.” Dark G’s purple form staggered out towards her, covered in burn marks that made his white fur darker. One paw was completely charred and the other red, splattered with blood… or was it some other fluid? Coco flinched back in concern and shock.

Oh, my Arceus, she thought.

The Ninetales emitted a low moan. “Sorry. I had a tussle with someone earlier. Also a little trouble getting through the fires. I don’t have much time, Coco. I’ll leave Furball here if I overstay my welcome. So, what questions do you have? Ask them, quickly, please.”

“Umm,” Coco muttered. “Why are you making me do this?”

“Apologies. I’m here to guide you. I heard a prophecy about someone from Cursed standing up to the othe-“ Dark G shuddered. “-I mean I know I have to help you. You’re not taking this too well, are you?”

She shook her head. “No, not at all. Why am I here? What do you have to do with it?”

She remembers nothing from her experience with Yanesk? Odd. He cocked his head. “Don’t you remember what happened earlier with Yanesk?”

“Huh?”

“We were there at the time. Furball here heard it, too.” Right at the moment, a purplish Eevee’s head popped out behind the Ninetales.

“Hi,” Furball stammered. “Um- Dark G, why’d you call me out here? It’s smokin’ hot around here.”

Dark G glared at the Eevee. “Was that a reference to the wisps of fire dancing around on my tails?” Furball shook his head, and ran away, terrified.

The Ninetales sighed. “Young boys these days,” he muttered, then turned his head back to the Absol. “But- you honestly don’t remember anything before you fainted?”

“Nope. What’d I say?”

“Nothing,” Dark-G sighed.

“Wh-wh-what?” Coco started shivering not out of coldness, but out of pure, pure fear and alarm. It all came back to him, all of their words.

”What should we do with this one?”

“I dunno. But why would nobody ever think of taking Coco? She’s a female.”

“No. I think the reason nobody’s remembered to take her is because she’s the one.”

“What you talking about?”

“Idiot! Coco’s that Absol from the prophecy. And remember Dark Giratina?”

“Yeah.”

“He’s also one of them. Only he’s on both sides.”

“How? What are you talkin’ about?”

“His opposite side will resurface.”

“No! It can’t be.”

“Fool!”
Coco had seen a blue Bisharp slap the Pokemon’s head. You’re crazy, you old Grotle! What are you even doing with a Staraptor? And a female one at that, too!”

The Ninetales interrupted her thoughts. “You all right? Need to talk? Hurry up, there’s not a lot of time left,” he groaned painfully.

Coco told Dark G about her flashback, and how the Grotle had cried when the Bisharp slapped him. Dark G listened carefully, but when she mentioned him, he roared out of anger. “I knew those guys!”

“You do?”

“Of course! And the prophecy too-!” Suddenly, everything began to fizzle. It made the Absol nauseous. “Sorry, little one, but my time limit has ended…!” He drew his last breath, and fell to the ground. Coco could barely breathe before the fire burned through her flesh.

”No!”

Seems like the Writer's Corner is dying. Oh, whatever can I do to save this collection of such wonderful and successful stories? Hm.
/me turns the Pikavolt up to 10 volts.

---

Prologue: Part Four

“WAKE UP!”​

Coco nearly jumped out of her beanbag. She felt so worn out from last day. It was almost as though as her soul had switched bodies…

“Ohhh… Alex? What happened yesterday?” she moaned.

“Dude, you blacked out. Do you need water or something? You okay?” Alex clearly was really worried.

Strange, I’m not thirsty. “No… I’m fine. What did the Ninetales say… something about a prophecy…” Coco muttered.

A prophecy? What the hell is that? Alex stroked the Absol’s fur. He hoped Pokemon couldn’t die. In the video game, they were just supposed to faint, but then again, he was in the game. But where was the PokeCenter?

Oh, well. Maybe he could talk with Coco to make her better. There was that fire last day…

“Alex, how long have I been out?”

“About since yesterday,” he replied.

“What’s happened since I was asleep?”

“Last day, there was a forest fire,” Alex thought about it, “and they found two Pokemon dead- one a Ninetales, the other an Absol… who looked a lot like you…”

The Absol froze. Was this exactly the same that had happened in her dream? “Take me there, quickly.”

Alex promptly nodded. It was the least he could do for his google. He drew his Dusk Ball towards Coco.

“No, please don’t. I don’t like it in there,” she said weakly. Alex put his Dusk Ball back in his pocket. He picked Coco up, and set her aside on the floor. Coco then followed Alex to the charred forest. In the dark, it was pretty hard to see, but Alex found it easy to see everything.

Coco opened her eyes and looked down on the remains of the dead Absol. Her eyes widened in alarm. “No… it couldn’t have been…” She staggered back, horrified at the sight of her own dead body lying there. But if she was the only shiny Absol in the entire Reverse World, then…

“Oh, freakin’ Arceus,” Coco jumped back, repulsed by her dark claws. They were glowing black. Her normally pale-pinkish fur now was a numb white. And her eyes… they were glowing green. Alex backed away from the Absol. She was floating up into the air. It felt like complete chaos in her body. Every single cell in Coco’s body tingled with darkness. She felt something, something so incredible… it was a thirst for revenge…

“Hahahaha!” Alex was horrified. That voice… he knew it… It was Brutus.

“Fools! You think Ica actually sent me to Hell? No! I’ve captured Coco’s sweet little soul. You’ll never have it!” Brutus roared. He floated alongside Coco, who was now covered in black fur and white skin. “Later, suckers!” He clenched a puff of Coco’s black fur, and disappeared along with her.

Alex gasped. He tried to hold back tears, but it was too much for the ten-year-old boy to control. Tears streamed down his cheeks. What should he have done? He should’ve sent the Absol back inside her Dusk Ball when he had the chance! It was all his fault.

Great, he thought. I’ve unleashed a terror upon Lost Bells.

---

What's happened to Coco? Where did Brutus the devilish Mewtwo abduct her to? Will Alex hold up, or fall to guiltiness? Want to find out what's happened to our sweet, little, adorable Absol? Then stay turned- no, tuned as yours truly will update this series (bi)weekly!

Critics are welcome. Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

btdubs, I scroll to the bottom of this thread and I see spoilers for the next chapter. Might want to spoiler that. I'll get to reading it soon.

Yay! Chapter One, at last, is up!

---

Six years later…

Chapter One: One Morning

Gafro hummed as he walked into the Circle, which was an area of 50 acres. A crowd gathered around the edges of the Circle, anticipating his demise. But several were very concerned as he spread out his talons, trying to choose which one to use on the locked gate. The gate was called the entrance to hell, true to its name. It lay in the middle of the Circle, its guardian devouring those who dared enter. Or worse. Some people whispered to themselves and friends, worried about the brown Krokorok.​

“…shouldn’t be inside… at least not alone…”

“…ridiculous kids these days…”

“…can a Pokemon really survive in there…?”

Gafro didn’t seem concerned that a few Pokemon from the crowd followed him. They were rogue Pokemon, same as him. Finally, he hesitated, then unlocked the gate to the… well, whatever it was called. He looked back at the few Pokemon who were behind him. They looked familiar. A male Eevee, rather young at 12 years old, was pacing behind a 22-year-old Ninetales. And then a female Jolteon was just standing there, tapping her paw impatiently. Gafro couldn’t remember her age –maybe about 14- but she did look really familiar…

“Hey, who are you guys?” he asked them.

The Ninetales raised his eyebrow. “I’m just known by the nickname Dark-Giratina, and this here is Furball,” he answered, looking at the Eevee.

“Hmph. My name is Luf, and I’m coming with you three ‘cause my life is worthless,” the Jolteon’s paws flared with lightning. Despite the blood strains permanently painted in her lime-green fur, she was beautiful. Gafro nervously looked over at Furball. He wondered if Luf and the Eevee would be a great couple.

No- he had to focus. He’d vowed to himself to help Alex get his original Coco back. Gafro sighed. “Anybody else? We do need at least a few humans…”

“BOOOOO!” several people in the crowd roared.

“Why’d you need humans? As bait, I bet!” an old man shouted.

“Yeah! Let’s kill him for being an as*!”

Gafro groaned. He was getting nowhere by asking questions. Just as the Krokorok started to step into the forbidden gate, a black boy ran out of the crowd. “Step aside! Excuse me! Move it!”

“Wait… I can help you!-” he accidentally tripped and landed flat on his face. The crowd roared with laughter.

Great, Luf thought. Right on cue. The boy got up, and turned around to the crowd, a scowl on his face. “Not funny! Listen, my name is Jeremy, and whether you like it or not, I’m going with them!” he shouted and angrily kicked a pebble into the air. Embarrassment boiled deep inside Jeremy. He wished he could slap all of them.

Dark-G suddenly bared his teeth at the crowd, who was still laughing. “Not funny.” They immediately stopped laughing. Good, the Ninetales thought. “How would you like it if you tripped and everybody laughed at you?” To make an example, he grabbed one teenager who was still laughing by the collar. His laughing slowed down to a nervous chuckle, followed by a stare of horror. Dark-G held him close to his teeth. “Now, tell me, do you recall that time in the gravel road when you were skateboarding? You hit a pothole and fell, right? Didn’t everyone in the street laugh at you?” he growled. “Well?!”

The teenager’s legs trembled. “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about, but yeah, there was that time when I fell into that road. I-I scraped my face so bad they had to-“

Dark-G pushed him away, disgusted. “Please kindly refrain from discussing your own personal issues. Nothing the public hates more than that. Ick.” The crowd nodded in agreement. Gafro looked at them, and then at Jeremy. “Well? What you waitin’ for? Let’s go in!” Jeremy hesitated, then reached into his pocket. His hand came out with a Repeat Ball, and clicked the button on it. A black cat, which looked about thirteen, popped out. Blue circles were on his forehead, ears, legs, and tail. His appearance was normal for every feline- except for one thing, which was that his ears were as large as a rabbit’s, and for another, which was that his tail was extremely furry, very much like a Persian cat’s.

“Hey, Jeremy!” the Umbreon’s golden eyes widened excitedly. “Who are these Pokemon? Why are we here at the Circle? Where are we going…“ His smile faded when it dawned upon him that he was going straight into the forbidden gate. “…oh.”

The Jolteon, Luf, turned her head towards the Umbreon. She frowned. “Who are you? And by the way, I’m Luf.”

He looked around at the onlookers nervously. He didn’t like the way that Eevee was looking at him. “Um… hi. M-my name is... i-it’s… um… Luna. That enough?” His cheeks felt hot. Great. He’d done the worst thing ever in front of a girl. And Luna didn’t even like her yet. His name was feminine, his eyes too golden for his black fur, having a ribbon of blue fur go down his spine instead of a normal back… his luck couldn’t get any worse. But it had just did, and with the Eevee staring poisonous spikes at him, Luna wasn’t sure if he should get involved with Luf.

Luckily, she just seemed annoyed at the Eevee. “Oh, don’t look at him like that, Furball. I’m not interested in anybody.” Her eyes rolled around as if she’d had to deal with a lot of boys gawking at her. Luna sighed at that; at least he wouldn’t have to deal with this Eevee the others called ‘Furball’. He’d had enough stress for a day.

Gafro gritted his teeth impatiently. He’d waited for nearly five minutes for them to hurry up. He couldn’t take it any more. “Head count!” he snapped. “I’m here, the Eon trio is here, Dark-G’s here, and Jeremy’s here. Everyone’s here. All ready to go?”

Luf, Furball, and Luna all raised their heads in unison when they heard the “Eon trio”. At first, Luna thought it was something else, but when he noticed that the end of their species names were eon, he took it rather well.

“Alright, do you see that?” Gafro pointed to the opened gate. “Inside the border is what is said to be a cursed place. Full of arid deserts, hidden forests, pitch-black caves, and places you wouldn’t even dare think of. If you come with me or us, you are taking your life into your own hands, paws, talons, whatever you call ‘em. There is no turning back. Oh, Arceus forbid that we even survive. He can’t help us now.” The Krokorok waited for that to sink in.

The crowd scattered everywhere except the gate, and soon the Circle was empty.

“Nobody else? Okay, move on!” Gafro, Dark-G, Luf, Luna, Furball, and Jeremy stepped into the gate, one by one. Oddly enough, it was cool and humid… just the perfect temperature… Even Dark-G started to fall asleep…

“Stop!” Luf shouted. “Don’t succumb! Don’t allow temptations to control you! It is too good to be true!”

Furball blinked. “Huh? No, no!” he seemed to mumble, as if in a trance. In the reflection of his brown eyes, a scene unfolded. In his state, Luf was beating him up, demanding that he give everything he had to her. “No, Luf! Don’t… don’t hit me! Stop!” Furball flinched, tears streaming down his cheeks.

“Oh, good grief.” Luf rolled her eyes. She batted the hypnotized Eevee with her paw, knocking Furball back into reality. “He’s too weak. Too easy to manipulate,” she shook her head.

“Agh!” Furball backed away from her. “Don’t hit me!”

Gafro put a claw to his face. “Great. Don’t tell me you want to spilt up, Luf.”

“Um, I’m not going to, but yeah, you probably know…”

“I’ll go with you, Luf. Seeing as you have an advantage over Water-types, you can help me out,” Dark-G offered.

Luf shrugged. “Nah.”

Luna thought he saw a purple orb in the fog between them. “Um, guys-“

He had no time to warn them before a purple portal exploded just below them, swallowing the group.

---

Yes, I know, the dialogue gets really repetitive here, but whatever. I like trolling readers. :p

RE: googles: The Legend of Lost Bells

Whoa, I forgot about this for a while. Sorry people.

---

Chapter Two: The Gates

Luna gasped for air. He was glad he wasn’t in his Repeat Pokeball, or he might’ve drowned. He blinked rapidly, trying to get a clear view of his surroundings. Where was he? As the view cleared, the Umbreon saw that he wasn’t alone in a sea. A wooden raft drifted towards him, lightning crashing down on it. Luna was surprised it could resist lightning, let alone still be out here at all. The waves were violent, trying to sink the raft. He paddled towards it, hoping that someone was onboard. A Pokemon was on the raft, but she looked familiar. It was Luf, and she struggled to stay on board.​

“Unngh! Blast it! I absolutely hate seas and oceans and lakes and pools! Ugh!” Luf sunk her claws into the raft and cursed. She turned her head towards Luna. “Hm? Who is that black thing?”

“Luf! It’s me, Luna!” he tried to get a grip on the board, but it was quite difficult, what and all with the crashing waves. “Could you help me out here?”

Luf rolled her eyes at this, but she took his paw and pulled him onboard. “I have no idea why you’re with me. This seems oddly familiar…” she hesitated, almost as trying to recall something, but her brain couldn’t process the memory. “No, it can’t be.”

“What are you getting on about?”

“There was a story… nine individuals, humans and Pokemon, visiting a forbidden place. I think… I think we’re part of a prophecy?...” muttered the Jolteon.

Luna almost fell off the raft. “P-prophecies? Legends?”

“’Three groups of three will work together.’ I remember that line. ‘Two Eons and a nine tales later will be faced with two fateful choices.’ I’m not sure what comes next.”

He looked at her in horror. “Where’s Dark-G and Furball?” he asked. “Quickly.”

---​

Gafro was a Ground-type, but he didn’t like the squishy feeling he got when he tried to move. It was completely dark and the water around him was filled with who-knows-what and he wanted to scream. But the first time he opened his mouth, nothing came out. Instead, some kind of squishy, rubbery substance came in, and Gafro was forced to throw up. The smell was overwhelming. And he wasn’t feeling too well. It was humid and hot. The Krokorok wiped off the sweat on his forehead. He didn’t even know reptiles could sweat.

Suddenly, something –maybe a paw- grabbed his arm.

“Oh, legendaries! My Arceus, you haven’t been living on that stuff, have you, Gafro?” It was Furball’s voice.

“Wh-what?” he croaked. “Where are we? I can’t see.” Gafro tried to walk to shore, or any land, but the squishy thing stopped him. He groaned.

“Odd, you should be able to see. Your sunglasses should’ve protected your eyes. And…” Furball hesitated. “…we’re in a quicksand pool. This is some sort of forest.”

“Oh, freaking Arceus! Toss me a vine or something!” he shouted, but Furball had already left his side. After ten seconds, something dropped on his head and pulled him up. Except that it felt scaly…

“Oh, what are you doing in here? No one’ssss ssssuppossssed to be in thissss foresssst. Not when Sssserviper ssssuch as me can rule it,” a voice hissed. “My name issss Xero. Ya know why? It’ssss causssse I leave a ‘x’ mark on whosssse who meet their demisssse by my own tail.”

Gafro wiped the sand off his eyes. A dark-green head hovered above him, his purple fangs drawn, his purple tongue flickering madly. Gafro flinched.

“You sssscared, Krokorok?” the shiny Serviper grinned. “You ought be. I painted a poissssonoussss ‘x’ mark on your little friend’ssss chesssst. I’ll bet hissss evolution will be… painful,” Xero almost glowed as he said the word. “Now it’ll be your turn to ssssuffer. I have sssspecial planssss for you firsssst, however.” He pushed Gafro’s snout to show him a skeleton of a Sandile lying in the mud. “Ssssee that? That’ssss the lasssst one of your sssspeciessss that I’ve eaten for a while. I’ll enjoy this one, Gafro!” Xero thrust his fangs towards Gafro’s neck. The Krokorok screamed.

The Serviper’s purple eyes turned to his left. “What? Not that Arbok again!” he yelled and dropped Gafro, then ran away. Gafro gasped for air. Then a yellow blur darted past him, and he could hear the sounds of painful twists down Xero’s spine he wasn’t sure he would like. A scream echoed across the forest, then stopped. A golden Arbok slithered towards Furball. Gafro didn’t feel compelled to attack, especially since the blue eyes on the Pokemon’s ‘hood’ scared him. The Arbok set the Eevee aside on a patch of grass. Then he looked at Gafro, and he noticed the faint burn mark on his right eye that looked like a scar.

“Hmph. Don’t thank me. I wassss merely doing my job.” He closed his eyes.

“Can I at least know your name?” Gafro exhaled.

The Arbok looked at him, glaring. “Forge. It’ssss Forge,” he finally hissed after a minute. Afterwards, he slithered away into the darkness. Gafro looked down at the skeleton of the Sandile and nearly threw up again. Then he heard a groan, and realized that he’d forgotten Furball. He looked at his chest- it had a big purple ‘x’, sure enough. The Eevee gasped, but his breathing was labored. His heart’s beating was rapid; and when Gafro put his hand on his head, his hand nearly burnt up.

“Yah!” the Krokorok managed to stifle a scream. “Oh, Arceus, this is just terrible. You can’t die… not now. Please…”

“Ga…Gafro… unngh…” Furball’s ear twitched. He moaned. “Find… find the human… he’s too weak…” he feverishly muttered. “G-go… go before Xero comes back.”

Gafro solemnly nodded, despite the tears streaming down his brown cheeks. “B-but… but why can’t I take you?” he sniffled.

The purple Eevee grinned. “Trust me. I’ll be fine. Now go!”

Gafro started to protest, but he realized that it was no use arguing with the dying Eevee. He ran away before Furball’s paws started glowing.

“Evolution… at last!” Furball’s eyes closed for the last time ever in his lifetime as an Eevee. He smiled.

---​

“God! Oh my God, this is probably worse than being torched by Satan in blazing hell!” Jeremy screamed. Then he cursed for shouting in a hallway. His words echoed across the room. No, he told himself. If I talk at all in this place, they’ll have found me. Jeremy had woken with a start. He’d been dreaming of a nightmare; the worst thing beyond his wildest imaginations. It wasn’t too clear, though, now that he’d just woken up. There had been something like a… Sceptile? It was his second-favorite Pokemon. And it had turned into himself- a sad, dehydrated, skinny Jeremy. Except that he wasn’t completely normal. His skin was slightly green.

“N-no,” it had spoken, its body halfway between a Pokemon and human. “I-I can’t… a transformation… remain the same…”

He didn’t know why, but his half-Sceptile self had a resentful look, as if he hated someone for turning him into a Pokemon.

“I don’t want to hate him… but he forced me to.”

Then the memory of the dream dissolved as he woke up. But… now Jeremy had to focus on something other than the dream. Where was he? A hallway… full of Unown letters? Unconsciously, he pulled out a panel. The Unown words ‘choose a flying type’ fell onto the floor. Jeremy blinked, then looked up, then at the wall of random letters. He pulled out a ‘T’. Immediately, a list of names popped up in front of him.

“TORNADUS
TOGETIC
TAILLOW
TOGEKISS
TRANQUILL
THUNDURUS”

His eyes locked on the first name. It was the coolest of all the names. He sounded out the letters. “Tohr-NAY-dus,” he whispered. A wind suddenly howled around the hallway.

”Legendary Alert…ALERT!” it roared in Jeremy’s ears. The screen in front of his eyes, which had been forgotten, now was slowly blinking red, and Jeremy’s view darkened. The wind still howled, but so loudly he thought he was going deaf. His hair wildly flew around. It was incredibly cold, and the red in his eyes was still flashing.

“Oh, god,” he groaned, blindly kneeling over on the floor. A red light flew past him, showing the eyes of the Unown letters… except they had teeth around their rims. It passed by again, only the wall was now moving, and the Unown were like centipedes, running around on his body. This was worse than being buried alive- he was going to be eaten alive by bugs. A pain in his eyes increased along with a headache. He convulsed around, wildly swatting at the bugs. Then there was this rumbling, which was the last thing Jeremy felt before he blacked out.

---​

Dark-G felt a ripple among his tails, as if some fish had nibbled at a worm, but he didn’t care. It was still extremely painful for Fire-types to be in water, but the shiny Ninetales knew there was worse to come. At least he was only partially underwater; his body from down the waist was underwater. Each minute, the water level rose by a centimeter. Pretty soon, though, he knew he was going to meet his demise. Dark-G tried to focuse on the prophecy an old Dragonite had told him when he was a young Vulpix.

Three groups of three will work together.
Two Eons and a nine tales later will be faced with two fateful choices.
A human, stuck with a gator and an Eon, must choose to change in front of his eyes and stay that way eternally; although not always.
The rim of a blade swirls around in a storm until it takes up the form of a human girl.

“Oh, damn it!” Dark-G flinched. “I can’t remember any more of it! What’s it gonna take to get outta here?!” he grunted, and slammed his knuckles against the cave wall directly in front of him. They flared with pain, but the Ninetales didn’t care. He’d just lost control of his rage. Great. What else would go wrong?

The wall, surprisingly, crumbled to dust, making Dark-G sneeze out smoke.

No! he thought. I need air, not more poison! “Oh, for the love of Arceus, just kill me already!” the vulpine Pokemon screamed.

”Little one, you have come a long way, yet you are still far from it…”

That was it. He bared his fangs. “Don’t dare think of even touching one hair on my soul. Or I’ll-“

”You’ll what? Pitiful thing,” the voice mocked him.

“Shut it. Don’t make me lose my sanity,” the Ninetales threatened.

”Yes. I won’t, as much as I want to unleash your unruly rage upon me. I will at least reveal myself to you,” it chuckled, and Dark-G could hear soft, gentle footsteps coming towards him, but it was in all directions. It took all of his power to keep from attacking them.

”I am here, master,” said a different voice. It sounded close, but nobody except Dark-G was in the cave.

The other voice cackled. “If Mother taught him to behave, he won’t hurt us. We’re masters of illusions.”

Masters of illusions? What are they? Dark-G frowned. Ditto? No; they could only copy from other Pokemon and rocks, but never a big thing. A hacker? Then again, the entire world was already hacked. Before he even had time to think about it, something knocked him down with tremendous force. He met the gaze of a blue Mew.

“You’re not-“ the Legendary Pokemon covered his mouth before he could begin.

“Shh,” the Mew grinned mischievously, which Dark-G didn’t like. “Move, and these babies will be on you like Heatmor on a giant Durant.”

“Don’t even think of it. Just kill me already…” the Ninetales grunted. “I should’ve been dead long ago. But then you sprang out of nowhere and took me to the future.”

The Mew grinned again. “Long time no see, Typlo.”

“I hate you, Zorua.”

“Ooh! Somebody hates me!” he mocked, then morphed into a small Zorua… except he wasn’t shiny. “I’ve been waiting for decades, waiting for you to find us.”

Several red eyes showed up behind him, hissing.

“Just kill me. Stop the suffering already,” Dark-G groaned. At least there wasn’t any water anymore. It was just muddy. But what he was worried about wasn’t a slow, painful death; but it was the thought of his friends… especially the Absol… no, she was evil. The Ninetales pushed that thought away.

“No. We’re not going to kill you. We’re going to help you.”

“Hm? And how do you intend to do that when you don’t even know where the others are?”

Zorua chuckled. “As said… I am a master of illusions, after all.” He waved one paw, and a misty cloud showed up above him. Something glowed in the center. “What do you wish to know?”

“Why I’m here, where my friends are, and why did you send me into the future?!” Dark-G snarled.

“The first two we can answer. The last one, no, it’s a secret.” Zorua shook his head. “But those two I can answer. The reason you’re here is because when anybody enters the Forbidden Zone, they are transported to a place that is full of their worst and darkest nightmares. And as for your friends…” He turned to the crowd behind him. “Where is Aural Dema? Where’s Dema?”

A Zoroark with bluish-violet locks stepped out of the crowd and suddenly appeared directly under the misty cloud. She muttered something under her breath, and two Pokemon appeared in the cloud, each surrounded by different backgrounds. To Dema’s right, an Umbreon was panicking in the dark, scrambling around for a flashlight, or anything that could help him see. Occasionally lightning would light up the scene for a few seconds, then leave the Umbreon alone. To Dema’s left, a Jolteon was running around in circles, trying to escape from a forest fire. Tears rolled down her cheeks and smoke enveloped the sky- except that the sun was still out, blazing harshly upon the Jolteon.

Dark-G growled. “Don’t let me see it anymore.”

“Granted,” Dema whispered, and clapped her hands. The misty cloud vaporized into wisps of fog.

“Send me to one of them. Transport me to the other once I’ve fixed one of their problems,” Dark-G ordered.

Zorua nodded solemnly, then turned to Dema. “You make sure he does his duty.”

---

Critique much, anybody?

Got a little bored. Here's a little filler story I made a while ago. Have fun!

Red Blade of Insanity 1
Dark-G's POV

"Hey, golden Vulpix, come on here! If you back down, you'll be dead meat before you know it!" Noroi snapped. "Come, coward!"

I rolled my eyes at this. I thought he'd have been a lot harsher than this. But then again, Giratinas were Legendary Pokemon, and Legendaries weren't bad-tempered, as I'd read in a lot of books. They normally looked down at you and could destroy you with one fell swoop.

Of course, my brother would always dream about me being destroyed by Noroi the mythical Giratina. And since we were twins, we usually had telepathic dreams that we played in.

I sighed deeply and stared at the Giratina. "I already know this is a nightmare manipulated by my brother, so whoever's out there shouldn't bother me and my brother."

Noroi huffed out a breath. "This dream was not created by Crocon. It was created.... by I."

I blinked. "Wait..."

"Fight me, or do a quest." Noroi closed his red eyes. "It is your choice, golden Vulpix."

"Quest," I said immediately.

The Giratina evaporated into black fog, and settled next to me. He held my gaze with those fierce, red eyes. "My dear little Typlo, are you quite sure you would rather live?"

"Yes."

"You should reconsider. If you complete the quest, you will face hardship and loss."

I chuckled. "Pffft, nothing I can't handle."

Noroi backed away hesitantly, and for a moment I thought I saw sadness in his eyes, like a sad kid who had been at a relative's death. Then Noroi began fading away into the black fog.

I woke up in a different place.

---​

Everything blurred as I opened my eyes. They hurt as though as somebody had put salt in them. A dark figure hovered over my face, its eyes surveying me for any signs of hostility; fear and unease were visible in its face. At first, it looked like a vulpine Umbreon, but then my eyesight grew clear. Its obsidian fur shone like gold.

Just my luck. It was a... black Vulpix? Where was I? In a cave-ish, creepy setting?

The Vulpix took one step backwards. I turned my muzzle towards it. My half-open eyes still hurt slightly, so my sight wasn't as good as it usually was. I tried to move, but I was tied up.

It growled softly. "You, of all Pokemon, should not be here. What the hell are you doing here?"

I groaned, and uneasily lifted my head. "Ugh... a quest? I was sent by Noroi to... do something?"

"You're obviously too young to read minds, aren't you? You don't seem to be wearing anything- what?!" the Vulpix exclaimed as it stared at my neck. Suddenly, I felt something lying on my neck. It was cold, like a stone. I tried to sit up, but I fell down again. So had the Vulpix, which I noticed that was feminine. Great.

"Oh, Arceus. This isn't-" The black Vulpix got up.

"Why don't you help me get these ropes off instead of gawking at me?" I interrupted.

She scowled, but came over to untie the ropes. But first, she grabbed the stone necklace and held it up to her face. She let go, and finished undoing the rest of the ropes. I got up, and reached for the stone on my neck. I noticed that it's connected to a string that went around my neck. I saw the stone, and it looked like a Lunatone-shaped...thing. Suddenly, I noticed that the other Vulpix had the same thing around her neck. Now I understood why she'd looked so surprised.

I laughed nervously. "Who are you, and what have you done with my twin brother?"

Instead of laughing along, she shook her head rapidly. "N-no, you're one of the twins from Destiny Sword? Who the hell are you, and why- why are you golden?" she sputtered.

I bowed to her. "I am Typlo, and I was born this way, a shining Pokemon. Now, tell me, who are you, and why are you completely coal-black?"

The Vulpix flinched slightly. "I- my name is Chiko," she said, "and I..." Chiko hesitated.

"Well? Spit it out, Chiko."

"I just, um, like being black. Being red... it reveals me in the dark too much, y'know? Y-yeah," Chiko answered nervously. I noticed her ears were trying to not twitch.

"Then you're too much of a coward to even-" I began to laugh, but she hissed at me. I stopped.

"Oh, Arceus," Chiko said, looking at the sunlight. "I've got to get inside. You come with me."

I didn't see why the sunlight would be dangerous for a Fire-type, but I came into the shadows of the nearby cave. As soon as I did, I noticed the cave floor was littered with black paw prints. I looked up at her.

"You some kind of weird top-secret ninja or something?"

Chiko moved her paw to her arm, as if to comfort herself, then pulled it away. "No... I just don't like being red, that's all! Stop bothering me, Typlo!" she snapped.

"Hey, chill," I paused, then sighed. "Sometimes I wish I wasn't a shiny Vulpix. That's seriously embarrassing when you're a boy, y'know.."

"Me, too," she blurted out.

"Huh?" I took a step backwards. "You're a s-shiny Pokemon, too? What the heck?"

"What?! Did I just say that?! No, no! I'm not!" Chiko stammered, flustered. But then the black Vulpix sighed, and dusted off her shoulder, revealing golden fur. "... okay, yes, I am. You happy? Hmph." She walked over to a white bowl I hadn't noticed, and put her paw into it. Then she patted dust on her golden fur.

I paced the floor, muttering to myself, "...sickest prank my brother's ever pulled..."

"Your brother..." Chiko looked over at me. "... he wouldn't happen to be named Crocon, would he?"

"What the heck? Are you a stalker?" I hissed.

"No, no!" she yelped immediately, shaking her head. "T-typlo... you... Crocon! I can't..." Suddenly, the black Vulpix turned away from me and began running for a door-like thing on the wall, which, apparently, I'd failed to notice, too.

But like an idiot, I ran after her anyways. "Wait! What happened? Crocon didn't do something to you, did he?"

"Shut up! You were sent by Crocon to do the same! Ugh!" The panicked Pokemon started pulling on the door.

"Uh? Excuse me, but I'm not a jerk like my brother is," I stated. "What happened?"

Chiko stopped. "Oh, you don't know? Hmph. I figured about as much. Okay, we all were named after certain Pokemon. Look at our names- Chiko... Crocon... Typlo. Get it, big bro?"

"What?" I almost fell backwards. "What does that have to do with you and my brother?"

"Ah, forget it! He keeps torturing me in my sleep! I so want to kill him!" she growled.

I began backing away, afraid Chiko would lose her cool and attack me. "Umm... Hold on. I'm the eldest of all three. So doesn't that mean I protect my brother and you? After all, isn't that the custom of Ninetales families?"

She looked at me uncertainly, unsure if she could trust me. "Typlo... sometimes parents give away a daughter to keep safe from gangs. I ran away from that. If I came back, you... you'd have to kill me."

I hugged her fiercely. "No! Not if they're that mean! I'd never harm you, Chiko. I only hurt those who deserve it. So, your parents gave you away for safety? I'm sure they never meant to... but I'll avenge you, lil sis. We'll take down that gang together, and Mom and Dad will be proud of us. We'll do everybody a great justice!"

Tears rolled down her cheeks. She hugged me back. "Thanks... big bro," she whispered. "Can we find the Red Blade, pretty please? That's what we're looking for..." Chiko said, her voice soft, and held up her moon-shaped necklace.

"Then let's go."

Back