Pokémon Acanthite TCG: Base Set (18 new cards!)

Fangking Omega

Master Faker
acanthitetcglogoay3.png

Welcome to the thread for the Pokémon Acanthite TCG Base Set. This is the first in a series of TCG sets based upon Pokémon Acanthite.

Set List

001 Anjewl - Holo Rare NEW
018 Aeroma - Rare
023 Crobat - Rare
030 Moomoo - Rare NEW
048 Iguaqua - Uncommon NEW
058 Noctowl - Uncommon NEW
069 Aron - Common NEW
075 Frondilo - Common
081 Kindlejou - Common
085 Meowmy - Common
087 Picowatt - Common NEW
092 Reptide - Common
093 Rhyhorn - Common NEW
096 Slugma - Common NEW
097 Splish - Common NEW
098 Staryu - Common
106 Kiren - Uncommon
112 Professor Willow - Uncommon
118 Light Energy - Uncommon
119 Virus Energy - Uncommon NEW
123 Grass Energy - Common NEW
124 Fire Energy - Common NEW
125 Water Energy - Common NEW
126 Lightning Energy - Common NEW
127 Psychic Energy - Common NEW
128 Fighting Energy - Common NEW
129 Darkness Energy - Common NEW
130 Metal Energy - Common NEW

Promos

Frondilo, Kindlejou and Reptide have been released as promo cards in line with the launch of the Acanthite TCG Base Set series. These are holofoil prints of their base set counterparts featuring the Promo star and a Promo card AC number.

AC01_Frondilo_by_FangkingOmega.jpg

AC02_Kindlejou_by_FangkingOmega.jpg

AC03_Reptide_by_FangkingOmega.jpg

Credits:

Artists:
Comfy Cushion
Concore
Eversoquiet
Fangking Omega
Hallm3
Nelson
Nintendo Jr
Pequedark Velvet
Acknowledgments: Ken Sugimori, Keiji Kinebuchi, Milky Isobe, Nintendo, Pokémon

Set list:
Cipher
Fangking Omega

Spoilers:
Venomwind
MCD
Cipher
Fangking Omega

Card design and creation:
Fangking Omega

Special thanks:
Cipher
Concore
Venomwind
MCD
Nelson
KangasKid18
Pyro
Red Rain
And to you, all supporters of Pokémon Acanthite

RE: Pokémon Acanthite TCG: Base Set

Why hasn't anyone replied to this...?

Great cards. I would be more than happy if those were real!

My only beef is Professor Willow. Visually, it's a good looking card. However, drawing from the little experience I have of the TCG, I can safely say that that supporter is just plain broken in terms of power.

Stunningly amazing!!!

what font and where do you do the text???

scampy said:

My only beef is Professor Willow. Visually, it's a good looking card. However, drawing from the little experience I have of the TCG, I can safely say that that supporter is just plain broken in terms of power.

It quite possibly is broken - but what could it do? The idea behind it is Professor Willow going out to discover 3 Pokémon as she does in the Acanthite game. I think in other generations, this card would be more than acceptable. When I used to collect, Trainer cards were better, and Pokémon were weaker.

Thank you for the comments :)

The fonts are a mix of Gill Sans and Futura, I do it all in Adobe Photoshop.

For me, Professor Willow isn't bad. It's a supporter card so it should remain as is. But, the rarity should be rare. :)
Overall, nice project, keep 'em up!:)
BTW, I visited your site and found many useful things. Thank you!

I think you could get away with all three being basic (like Lanette's search from sandstorm or whatever). But as it stands, you can whip yourself up an entire evo line with just one card, which to me sounds just plain nasty. I'll see what the TCG guys think :p

great job! you are the best card faker i have ever seen!

This is awesome! I hope you make more cards for the set.

Fangking Omega said:
scampy said:

It quite possibly is broken - but what could it do? The idea behind it is Professor Willow going out to discover 3 Pokémon as she does in the Acanthite game. I think in other generations, this card would be more than acceptable. When I used to collect, Trainer cards were better, and Pokémon were weaker.

Thank you for the comments :)

The fonts are a mix of Gill Sans and Futura, I do it all in Adobe Photoshop.

Well, it's mainly that there was a very recent card called Holon Mentor, that also let you discard a card from your hand, but only to search your DECK for BASIC Pokemon with 100 or less HP.

It seems overpowered in the fact that there was a supporter with similar effect VERY recently that was much worse than yours is.

Even nowadays we only get to usually search for one Pokemon using Supporters, unless we're using Roseanne's Research, where we can get a combination of basic energy and Pokemon totaling up to two cards. (A basic energy and a Pokemon, or two Pokemon, or two basic energy)

Well, I've put up an edited version. It's still strong, but not a copy of Holon Mentor :) I hope that is better anyway.

That's a cool set with really professional cards escpecially the rares! You need to make more of them. Great job! :D

Any chance of seeing a "Geminine" card soon? And perhaps a full-color version of Diavil?

Great fakes! It's good to see a person that cares enough to use the right fonts/grammar/decent blanks/custom art. I love them!

(On a side note, I'm glad to see a Sugi-style Canibree. So cute!)

Back