Writing Pokémon Colosseum Wedlocke Challenge - Chapter 8

RE: Pokémon Colosseum Wedlocke Challenge - Chapter 3

Athena said:
How did you get spoilers within spoilers to work? Whenever I try it the code breaks. :<
"Keeper! How'd you get that?"
"Magic."

It usually works when the main spoiler is named, but it's still quite finicky (as it wouldn't let me use a bunch of small ones and just one big one for the rounds instead).

Try this:
Code:
[spoiler=namehere]hi n stuff
[spoiler]lol this is here[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Looks like:
hi n stuff
lol this is here

If it helps, this is what I do with The Challenge (using the most recent results as the example):

Code:
[spoiler][spoiler=1st]Centurions[/spoiler]
[spoiler=2nd]The Crushing Hammers[/spoiler]
[spoiler=3rd]Team GYR.O.B[/spoiler]
[spoiler=4th]The Egg Knights[/spoiler]
[spoiler=5th]Eccellente[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Which comes up like:
Centurions
The Crushing Hammers
Team GYR.O.B
The Egg Knights
Eccellente

So, I think the key is that one "set"of spoilers (either the inside one(s) or the outside one) needs to be named and the other can't be. My problem is that I usually name all of my spoilers because I don't like unnamed one.

RE: Pokémon Colosseum Wedlocke Challenge - Chapter 2

Chapter 4
"Darling, aren't you one of Duking's people?"
Inside the top floor of the building, I saw Brave Vesperia alying on the floor, with two ladies on either side of him. Lucky.
"What made you think you could just waltz in here? Silly boy."
"...Where... Where is Scorched Feathers?"
"Dahling, even if I were to tell you, you would have no chance of taking him on. Not after the pathetic match you just had against me."
"Why I- Keeper!"
I had been standing in the doorway this whole time. Not entirely sure how they didn't notice me already, but I had a feeling some battles were about to happen.
"You must be with SF then." I rolled up my sleeves.
"Ohoho! We seem to be getting a lot of visitors today!"
"Go on Light, be a gracious host and welcome our new visitor!"
"...Professor Light?"

*Light has entered #battle.
*Keeper has entered #battle.
<Light sent out Remoraid and Spinarak!>
<Go Umbreon and Makuhita!>

<Keeper> You know, the only thing missing from this would be-
<Rayne> Keeper! That Remoraid! It's a Shadow Pokemon!
<Keeper> nvm

Turn 1:
Umbreon / Makuhita vs Remoraid / Spinarak
Umbreon used Bite, putting Spinarak in the yellow. Spinarak then used Agility. Remoraid used Lock On to target Makuhita. Makuhita finished the turn by used Vital Throw and knocking Remoraid down... To one HP! Wow that was close.

Turn 2:
Great Ball on Remoraid = Caught. Luvdisc replaced it. Spinarak used Night Shade on Umbreon, leaving it in green, and was then knocked out by Bite.

Turn 3:
Umbreon / Makuhita vs Luvdisc
Luvdisc used Agility... Good for it? Confuse Ray and Cross Chop. Yellow.

Turn 4:
Luvdisc hit itself, and Umbreon knocked it out with Secret Power.

#battle has ended.​

"Good heavens! You're no ordinary trainer, are you?"
The other... Lady? walked up to us. "Were you hired by Duking as bodyguards or something? I guess I have no choice..."

*??? has entered #battle.
*Keeper has entered #battle.
<???sent out Aipom and Mantine!>
<Go Umbreon and Makuhita!>

<Rayne> Keeper! The Mantine! It's a Shadow Pokemon!
<Keeper> It's also Flying type... Poor Makuhita.

Turn 1:
Umbreon / Makuhita vs Aipom / Mantine
Aipom went first with Agility. Mantine followed and landed a big hit on Makuhita with Bubblebeam. Down to quarter HP already! Umbreon used Confuse Ray on Mantine, but Makuhita's Cross Chop missed Aipom.

Turn 2:
Aipom used Astonish on Makuhita, putting it in red. Mantine used Bubblebeam... And knocked Makuhita out!

<Keeper> No. No no. Nonononono.

As per the rules, he was switched out with Quagsire. Umbreon used Bite on Mantine for... Not much at all.

Turn 3:
Umbreon / Quagsire vs Aipom / Mantine
Aipom used Astonish again, this time on Quagsire. Mantine hurt itself in confusion, and Quagsire used Slam, putting Mantine just above yellow. Somwhere in there, Umbreon used Secret Power, but it left Aipom in the green.

Turn 4:
Aipom was still spamming Astonish on Quagsire, this time causing him to flinch. Mantine's Supersonic hit, confusing Quagsire. Umbreon's Bite put Aipom in the yellow.

Turn 5:
Guess what Aipom did?
mantine used Take Down on Quagsire, taking recoil. Umbreon's Bite knocked out Aipom (finally). It was replaced by Furret. Quagsire flinched.

Turn 6:
Umbreon / Quagsire vs Furret / Mantine
Furret used Defense Curl. Mantine used Take Down again. Umbreon used Bite on Furret. Quagsire hit through Confusion and put Mantine in the yellow.

Turn 7:
Mantine escaped from the Great Ball I threw at it. Furret used Defense Curl again, and Maninte used Take Down on Quag again. Quagsire hurt himself in confusion.

Turn 8:
Had to heal Quagsire with a Super Potion, and then threw Great Ball at Mantine. Again. He escaped. Again. He used Take Down on Quagsire. Again.
Furret used Quick Attack on Umbreon.

Turn 9:
I threw another Great Ball at Mantine.

<Keeper> B down B down B down B down.
<Rayne> Keeper... What are you doing?
*Mantine was caught!
<Keeper> Oldest trick in the book.

Yanma was sent in replacement. Quagsire used Body Slam on Furret, who retaliated with Quick Attack, putting them both in the yellow.

Turn 10
Umbreon / Quagsire vs Furret / Yanma
I healed up Quagsire a bit with another Super Potion.
I also realized that Dark is special in this game, and began to spam Bite on Furret. Of course, it first used Helping Hand on Yanma's Sonicboom (useless), but still, it was knocked to red.

Turn 11:
Another Helping Hand. Another Sonicboom. Umbreon had taken both hits and was now closer to red, but Bite on Yanma followed by Surf knocked out both opposing Pokemon. Finally.

#battle has ended.​

"Light, let's make ourselves scarce!"
"Righto, Palutena! Ultra-fire-dash go!"
They two of them ran down the stairs in the back of the room. Vesperia was still wiped out on the floor. Not sure why he thought that'd be a good place to take a nap during my matches, but hey, I'm not one to judge people in a foreign land.
"What are you doing here, Vespria?"
"I... I... You saved me! Thank you! Do you know Duking?"
"He's the one who sent us here."
"I-I was a fool. I thought he was weak... But they've taken one of his Pokemon hostage! How could they?"
"That's why we're here!" Rayne spoke up. "We're here to stop Scorched Feathers and rescue Plusle!"
"Stop who? Me?"
The three of us turned, the television on the wall had turned on, and on the screen dancing away was the banana-clad crazy himself.
"We meet again kiddies! You should know that taking a hostage is a perfectly fine tactic!"
"That's no tactic, that's just-" I started, but was interrupted.
"Oh, worry not Keeper. The darling couldn't be any safer if I tried! Soon I'm sure it will adore me as its new owner!"
"Where are you hiding baka? I'll get the mouse back myself."
"Ohohoho! Confident are we? No running or hiding for me! Come to the cave; that's where I'll be. See you then my future subjects!"
The screen went out.
"He's taking the whole 'praise me' thing a bit too far..." I muttered.
Writing up boss battles as I get past all the random trainers blocking my path. Good times.
Makuhita DIED. What a shame! That really was the pairing I was betting on for beating Miror B. and his Ludicolo team.
So I decided to go against what I have written in the OP for pairing replacements. I'll just ask for votes here! Both Remoraid and Mantine were male, which is terrible. The only females I currently have are Flaaffy and Slugma. Which one should I pair with Umbreon to replace Makuhita?

RE: Pokémon Colosseum Wedlocke Challenge - Chapter 4

[2:47:31 PM] Keeper of Night: maku died
[2:47:45 PM] Keeper of Night: and now everybody will vote slugma and I'll die again

I think its obvious... but for whatever it is worth, Slugma from me.

Ohman, I love both of those Pokémon. I'm going to vote: Flaafy, though, for team balance since you already have Quilava for a Fire type.

Voting for Slugma. She will need a strong man to help her through her Slugma stages, and Umbreon is a good choice for that.

Quagsire is also female, so no point saving Slugma for her,

Has to be Flaffy for me, I fear for you against Mirror B if the public choose Slugma ;-;

Tiebreaker again? :v

I'll vote for Flaaffy.

Celever said:

Oh, I must not have made clear the genders before, I'm sorry.
Quagsire is male, Misdreavus is female. Quilava is male, Skiploom is female.

Keeper of Night said:
Celever said:

Oh, I must not have made clear the genders before, I'm sorry.
Quagsire is male, Misdreavus is female. Quilava is male, Skiploom is female.

Oh, in that case I'll go with Flaaffy. I just wanted Slugma to have a chance to shine; Umbreon and Flaaffy work perfectly together. Slugma will perform optimally with Quagsire IMO. Thanks for clarifying :D

Flaffy and Umbreon are my OTP! JK. :p Voting for Flaffy.

Yay, I don't have to die, and Umbreon gets to be paired with Flaaffy!
Voting is over, thanks for watching everybody. Until next time!

Due to taking double shifts at school these past three weeks, I simply didn't have the time to pick up the ol' Gamecube controller.
We were walking through the cave that was connected to the top floor of the building we had rescued Vesperia from. That can't be safe, can it?
"Would you look at the size of this-?" "Hush!"
Though I cut Rayne off, her voice echoed, and I braced myself for a Zubat attack that... Never came. Huh.
"Stay quiet in here! I don't need to deal with wild Pokemon right now."
"Oh, sorry. But, um... You must not be from this region, Keeper. There aren't very many wild Pokemon to be found in Orre.
"Orre?"
"This region?"
"Uhh... Huh. Yes, well, if this is a dream, it doesn't have to follow any of your silly rules."
"And if it isn't?"
"Then this world needs to get a better cast than PokeBeach members."
We continued on our path, facing off against several of Scorched Feather's minions and snagging their Shadow Pokemon for my own future use. No causalities, due to my frequent trips to a healing machine conveniently placed within the bottom floor of the cave (not that any trainer in here is too tough honestly, this game is kinda easy that way). I also made sure to explore the ENTIRE cave (may have accidentally done so twice) to battle everybody possible and be sure not to miss any possible snags or items.
And once I was done with my exploration, I reached a... Cave. Inside a cave.
"A little strange, isn't it?" I asked Rayne.
"I hear music."
"I smell a trap." I stretched my arm in front of me and turned to her, "Ladies first."
Yeah, that didn't work. I led us inside, only to see SF dancing on a pedastal surrounded by jumping Lima beans (Ludicolo?).
"Welcome darlings! It's about time you got here! We've been waiting."
"Oh," Rayne said, "It was a trap."
"No way."
"Of course it was, dear ones! You've been messing up our plans for too long already... Just when everything was so close to completion! But no more. After I beat you here and now... Our plan can continue its course."
He struck a funny pose, and pointed to his camera crew. "START THE MUSIC! PRAISE ME!"

Scorched Feathers has entered #battle.
Keeper has entered #battle.
<Scorched Feathers sent out Ludicolo and Ludicolo!>
<Go Umbreon and Flaaffy!>

Turn 1:
Umbreon / Flaaffy vs Ludicolo1 / Ludicolo2
Well... He sent out his lowest leveled ones first so... Yay? Taking the tactical approach, I confused Ludi1 and paralyzed Ludi2, but not before Rain Dance was set up. (They both tried using Rain Dance, so I didn't take any damage that turn.)

Turn 2:
Ludi1 hurt himself in confusion, then I was free to paralyze him and confuse his already-paralyzed partner. The other pineapple also hurt himself in confusion.

Turn 3:
Fully set up, I was free to spam Bite and Thunder Shock on the higher leveled of the two. Neither pulled off an attack that turn, one through confusion, the other due to paralysis.

Turn 4:
Bite was almost enough to knock out Ludicolo1, but not quite. It did cause him to flinch though. I Shocked the other and it hit itself.

<Scorched Feathers> Hax.
<Keeper> Yup.

Turn 5:
Used Bite to bring Ludicolo2 to red, and Thunder Shocked the other to death. He was promptly replaced by his partner, Ludicolo3.

Turn 6:
Umbreon / Flaaffy vs Ludicolo3 / Ludicolo2
Confused the newcomer, but he pulled off Rain Dance anyway. Ok. He was then paralyzed with T-Wave. Ludicolo2 hit himself for me.

Turn 7:
Bit Ludicolo3 and Thunder Shocked #2 to death. SF's last Ludicolo was sent out in his place. Ludicolo3 tried using Leech Seed, but it missed Flaaffy.

Turn 8:
Umbreon / Flaaffy vs Ludicolo3 / Ludicolo4
Knowing that Leech Seed combined with Rain Dish could be a major pain in the neck, I taunted Ludicolo3. Pretty sure his other doesn't know it. However, the other, #4, did pull off Fury Swipes, which did... Almost nothing to Umbreon.
Taunt worked too, because Ludicolo3 did try Leech Seed again, but it failed.

Turn 9:
I confused Ludi4 and Thunder Shocked #3. Ludicolo3 used Mega Drain on Flaaffy, and Ludicolo4 used Water Gun on Umbreon. Both were still left in green.

Turn 10:
I started targeting #3, due to it being higher leveled and havign Rain Dish healing. It was brought to yellow after Bite and Thunder Shock, but snapped out of Confusion and used Leech Seed on Flaaffy. #4 hurt himself.

Turn 11:
Sticking to my guns, I used Bite and Thunder Shock on #3, hoping for a knock out. And I got it, so it worked out pretty well. He was replaced by a Sudowoodo. The last Ludicolo used Rain Dance. Again.

<Rayne> Keeper! The Sudowoodo is a Shadow Pokemon.
<Keeper> Wait.
<Keeper> Seriously?
<Scorched Feathers> ?
<Keeper> A Sudowoodo? How does that fit your team at all?
<Scorched Feathers> It's still a plant.
<Keeper> No, it's a Rock.
<Scorched Feathers> o
<Scorched Feathers> You know, that actually explains a lot.

Turn 12:
Umbreon / Flaaffy vs Ludicolo3 / Sudowoodo
All but ignoring the bonai, I decided to tap it with a Thunder Shock and Bit the remaining Ludicolo. Well, neither was very happy with that, so Umbreon got a double dose of Shadow Rush and Water Gun. He was now down to yellow.

Turn 13:
I continued to Bite Ludicolo, and this time got a T-Wave set up on Sudowoodo. Ludicolo used Fury Swipes again on Umbreon, which hit twice and did very little. Sudowoodo used Shadow Rush on Flaaffy, who hung on at red. Phew.

Turn 14:
Well, of course, I healed up Flaaffy and Umbreon. I also got lucky, with both defending Pokemon staying paralyzed.

<Scorched Feathers> >.>

Turn 15:
Not much else to try, I threw a Great Ball at Sudowoodo, whcih of course didn't work. Umbreon's Bite brought Ludicolo down to yellow. Sudowoodo used Low Kick on Flaaffy for... Not a lot.
Of course, I'd neglected to mention this whole time that poor Flaaffy was under the effects of Leech Seed, which Sudowoodo was reaping all the benefits from, and Ludicolo had Rain Dish. So this was proving to be quite the hassle.

Turn 16:
Again had to use a potion on Umbreon, and had him Bite Sudowoodo to take out some HP. I had come to realize that that Low Kick of his might be really really bad if it were directed at Umbreon. Thankfully, he flinched. loving this hax. Ludicolo used Fury Swipes again on Umbreon. Guess he'll never learn.

Turn 17:
With Sudowoodo down to yellow HP, I threw another ball, Ultra this time. (Found 3 in the cave.) I still didn't work, sadly. Bite brought Ludicolo down to red, and it stayed paralyzed. Sudowoodo's Shadow Rush brought Umbreon down to yellow again.

Turn 18:
Starting the catching spam, I threw another Ultra Ball at Sudo. This time it worked! And Bite KO'd Ludicolo so... Bai bai SF.

<Scorched Feathers> I can't keep up with THAT tempo.
<Keeper> It's your own music-
<Scorched Feathers> It's a figure of speech!
#battle has ended.​

"How dare you baka!" SF yelled. "Don't think you'll simply get away with this! Someday soon I'll-"
"Good luck with that. By the way, where's Plusle?"
"-And I'm not giving up on the Shadow Pokemon plan either! Let us flee, my Ludicolo!"
Scorched Feathers ran, leaving Rayne and I alone in the lair/hideout/thing he had built. From the back, we could hear the cries of a Pokemon.
"Keeper!" Rayne called out, "Look over here!"
"Keeper! Rayne! you found Plusle!" I looked over my shoulder to see Duking and Vesperia running from the entrance of the lair.
"You guys certainly have some timing."
Plusle, who wasn't even caged or anything, ran to Duking and climbed up his shoulder.
"Hmm? What's that, Plusle? You're hungry?"

---

Back in Duking's... Office? Home? Duking sat behind his desk to address us.
"Keeper, we owe you a great deal, and I sincerely thank you for your assistance."
"Kyuun kyun!" Pluslse was sitting on the desk, suddenly bursting out it's annoying high-pitched squeal.
"I understand. Keeper, would you take my Plusle with you? I have a feeling it wants to help."
"Kyun kyun!"
(Seriously guys, if anybody speaks 'kyun,' let me know.)
I cleared my throat, "Actually, I'm sorry to say it, but this mission is very difficult. I can only take Pokemon that are sufficiently trained for the trials-"
"Oh Keeper! This is amazing!" Rayne was jumping for joy next to me. "We got a cute and brave addition to our party!"
I turned to her, blinked a few times, and turned back to Duking. "We'd love to take your Plusle with us."

"<Keeper> A Sudowoodo? How does that fit your team at all?"

IT DANCES! I have no clue if it's actually supposed to, but ever since I was a kid playing Pokémon Colosseum I thought that Miror B's Sudowoodo danced along with the music in his idle animation. It's pretty much the only reason why I like the species as a whole, but it's a good reason :v

Great update, though. The last paragraph was amusing since I never really thought of Rui's text there in that way before. Nice to see your schedule has freed up enough for you to start updating again n_n

Keeper of Night said:
(Seriously guys, if anybody speaks 'kyun,' let me know.)

hqdefault.jpg

Well, Rekka in Cardfight Vanguard says "Kyun kyun raido!" which more or less translates into "lovely lovely ride!". Other than that, it's mostly used for Moe anime. :p

It's finally back, after far too long!
And it isn't dying, like my last one. Simply because I can't lose a whole wii and I never take the game out.

"Wait, you there! Yoohoo! Where are you bound is such a haste?"
Rayne and I, with nothing left for us in Pyrite, were headed out of town, only to be stopped by a crazy-looking pink-haired lady, standing in a doorway on the outskirts of the town.
"I may be imagining it, but the air here feels somewhat less dirty."
I took a deep breath, and then choked on the fumes I had just inhaled. "Oh, no... You're definitely imagining it."
"Still, all is not well. I continue to feel the aura of Shadow Pokemon."
"Uh, well, yeah, we only just started working on that problem-"
"I am the great Scattered Mind! There is nothing but nothing that escapes the notice of my fortune telling!"
"Scattered mind is right." I muttered.
"The key to freeing your Shadow Pokemon," Scattered Mind continued, "Lies in the north."
"Oh, really? That's the direction my grandparents live!" Rayne got excited, "Keeper! We should head that way! In Agate Village, that's north of here."
"Fwofwofwo." SM chuckled, "That is no mere coincidence! Your answer may very well lie there."
"Right. Trip to another town in the middle of nowhere. Got it."
As we left, Rayne turned to wave. “Good bye creepy old lady!”

---In Agate Village---

"Here we are Keeper! This is where my grandparents live! Doesn't the air feel different here?"
"After being in that smoke-cloud of a city? Sure."
"My grandparents have a house up the hill-"
"Here we are!"
Up the hill, which pretty much is what the little town seemed to be built around, and under a giant tree. You know, like the Berenstain Bears. Rayne showed me inside, where her grandparents were sitting down at their table.
"Grandma Beluh! Grandpa Eagun! I missed you!"
"Rayne!" Beluh welcomed her, "We heard you were coming, but then you didn't arrive... We were so worried."
"What held you up?" Eagun asked.
Rayne of course plunged into a highly detailed story of her kidnapping and my heroic rescue. Being able to untie knots sure comes in handy.
"...All because I can see these special Pokemon. Shadow Pokemon! Pokemon that have been turned into fighting machines!"
"HALP HALP!"
Somebody ran in the door, out of screaming and out of breath. "Eagun, it's a serious situation! Outsiders went into the Relic forest, see-"
"What?! Who?"
"Pfft, I don't know. They shoved me aside and-"
"Enough talk, I'm off!"
For an old guy, he certainly knows how to jump from a chair into a full sprint. Of course I followed, right into a cave at the foot of the hill. At this point, I was pretty tired of caves, you could probably imagine.
Inside, Eagun was nowhere to be found, but there were a few ridiculously-dressed grunts lying about. Skiploom and Quilava took care of them easily.
The cave opened up to a forested area, where I saw Eagun arguing with another crazy peon guy.
"Who are you?! What are you doing here?!"
"I'm afraid I can't answer that. Now, you sir best be on your way before you get yourself hurt."
"Don't take me for a fool! I'll have you know I was once hailed the most powerful trainer!"
"Once."
"And that isn't all! My partner, the first Pokemon I received, will fight with me! I'll show you!"

??? has entered #battle.
Eagun has entered #battle.
<??? sent out Hitmontop!>
<Eagun sent out Pikachu!>

Turn 1:
Pikachu's Quick Attack missed. Hitmontop landed a critical hit Shadow Rush for gg.

#battle has ended.​

"Er..." I had to interrupt, "That was, quite bluntly, sad."
“Who are you?” The grunt asked.
“A person.”
"A person that plans to interfere?”
“Yup.”

??? has entered #battle.
<??? sent out Geodude and Hitmontop!>
<Go Quagsire and Misdreavus!!>

<Rayne> Keeper! The Hitmontop-
<Keeper> Is it Shadow? Because I kinda figured as much when it used Shadow Rush last match.

Turn 1:
Quagsire / Misdreavus vs Geodude / Hitmontop
Hitmontop used Focus Energy, Misdreavus confused him. Quagsire used Surf, which KO’d Geodude and did only a bit to Hitmontop. Clamperl took Geodude’s place.

Turn 2:
Quagsire / Misdreavus vs Clamperl / Hitmontop
Hitmontop hit itself thank goodness. SHadow Ball put another dent in it and dropped its special defense. Quagsire used Slam, but missed. Clamperl used Iron Defense.

Turn 3:
Hitmontop used Shadow Rush which brought Misdreavus to yellow. Shadow Ball brought Hitmontop to yellow. Slam missed again. Clamperl used Iron Defense again.

Turn 4:
Healed Misdreavus, and threw a Great Ball at Hitmontop… WHICH WORKED. YUS. Wynaut was sent out to replace it. Clamperl used Iron Defense… Again...

Turn 5:
Quagsire / Misdreavus vs Clamperl / Wynaut
Shadow Ball on Clamperl for… Nothing. Not a lot. At all. Forgot that Ghost was physical. So… This just got a lot harder…
Slam on Wynaut missed. Because wynaut. Mirror Coat failed.

Turn 6:
Confuse Ray Clamperl. Slam hit Wynaut. Clamperl used Waterfall which put Misdreavus in red. Wyanut’s Mirror Coat failed again.

Turn 7:
Healed Misdreavus again. Quagsire used Surf, which did almost twice as much to Clamperl as Shadow Ball did and put a nice dent in Wynaut. Clamperl hit Misdreavus with Waterfall. Wyanut used Mirror Coat which took about ⅓ max HP from Quagsire.

Turn 8:
Shadow Ball brought Wynaut to yellow. Tried paralyzing Clamperl with Slam, but it didn't work (though it did hit).

Turn 9:
Shadow Ball KO’d Wynaut. Not that the bugger was really doing anything, but it died so yay. Slam missed. Waterfall brought Misdreavus to red.

Turn 10:
Quagsire / Misdreavus vs Clamperl
Used up my last Hyper Potion on Misdreavus. Slam hit but didn’t paralyze. Clamperl snapped out of confusion and hit Misdreavus with Waterfall.

Turn 11:
Reconfused Clamperl. Slammed it. Waterfall brought Misdreavus to red.

Turn 12:
Super Potioned Misdreavus to bring it back to green. Not sure how long those will keep her alive though. Slam hit. Waterfall brough Misdreavus to yellow.

Turn 13:
Heal. Slam. Waterfall.
I sense a pattern forming.

Turn 14:
^

Turn 15:
It hit itself this time. So that’s cool.

Turn 16:
Shadow Ball. Slam. Down to red. It snapped out of confusion and hit Misdrevus.

Turn 17:
Shadow Ball. Slam. Hit Misdreavus.

Turn 18:
Heal. Slam.
IT FINALLY DIED !%^&YO*YHEJWKD!!!!!1!!!

#battle has ended.​

"I was sent to capture Celebi, then destroy this awful stone, but matters have not gone according to plan. I shall return immediately to the Mt. Battle! Farewell!" The random mysetery guy ran out of the cave.
Eagun turned to us, apparently uninterested in chasing down the obviously evil man. "So... That was a Shadow Pokemon. Thank you for your help, Keeper. Allow us to return to my home for the time being."

---

"-So we were hoping you might know something that could help us, grandpa." Rayne was finishing her story, explaining the situation and why we were here.
"I'm terribly sorry to dissapoint you but... Wait! I do believe we had a tablet. It said something about the Relic on it... Now where was it...?"
Beluh got up from the couch, headed upstairs. "I think I saw it somewhere. It may be a while, but I'll find it."
"Hmmm... Meanwhile, you two, go find a robot shark named Mora. He's the authority on Celebi around here. That is... If he remembers..."
I stared at him. “...Robot shark?”

Sure enough, right outside town in a nearby river, we found our robot shark. Or, to be more precise, a half-Sharpedo half-robot cyborg of sorts. Still freaky. Anyway, as we approached the water’s edge, it called out to us. The voice wasn’t quite human, but… Oh whatever, it spoke English, and that’s the convenient part that matters.
“Hey, I know you!” It called out to us. “You, redhead, you’re Eagun’s Torchic, aren’t you?”
It stared at us with blank eyes. “Er, I mean, granddaughter! Anyway, you want to know about Celebi, don’tcha?” It started to swim happily in circles. “Bet he thought I’d forgotten… But nothing gets out of this robot’s head!”
“Listen buddy, we’re not here for your life story-”
“I mean, when Cipher created me, they made SURE to secure my memory, am I right? Not to mention these eyes, they see EVERYTHING-”
“Well unless you’ve seen Celebi, I can’t say that that helps us any.”
It stopped swimming long enough to pay attention again. “Ohohoh! I’ve seen Celebi! It passed by not too long ago…”
“Which way?”
“It went um… This way! It went this way, follow me!” The shark dove underwater.
I sighed, crossed my arms, and looked impatiently down at the water. “That was far too Nemo-esque for my taste. Let’s go Rayne, he can’t help us.”
As I turned to leave though, the head popped back up, “Of course, you could always see the relic instead. According to ancient lore, the relic is said to hold the power of time travel for Celebi.”
I pat the monstrosity on the head, “Good little robot, anything else?”
“Just a bunch of wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey stuff. But the mystic power in the stone is also said to revive the most pleasant memories of those that touch it.”
“This is great news Keeper!” Rayne clapped her hands. “Maybe we can use the relic to help the Shadow Pokemon!”
“Yup. Let’s us a rock to open sealed hearts of make-believe creatures. That doesn’t sound crazy at all.”
“That’s the spirit!”

---Back at Eagun’s house---

Eagun smiled as we entered the lviing room where he and Beluh were sitting. “This small tablet has been passed down through our family for many generations. Please, examine it. It is written in a language that has been lost to time - Unown. Now, if you would like the translation, i’d be more than happy to-”
“‘In Agate’s mystic relic, Celebi’s power shelters.’”
“Er, that’s right, but the rest of it-”
“‘A heart imprisoned by shadows Its last door shall be opened by the power within.’ Basically, it’s what we learned from your cyborg shark buddy, in poem form.”

“Let’s go Keeper!” Rayne ran for the door, “We have to heal the shadow Pokemon… What are you doing?”
“Checking my email. Sometimes you gotta take time out of an adventure for the little things.”
“...”
I shamelessly scrolled through my P*DA, “Here, see? Duking sent a message, titled “EMERGENCY!!!” Maybe it’s important. Maybe he needs to know how his Plusle is doing.”
“What’s it say?”
“Something about Scorched Feather’s group attacking Mt. Battle. Anyway, time to rock, right? Or at least, go visit one?”
“Keeper! Be serious! If Mt. Battle is under attack… Where is Mt. Battle anyway?”
Eagun chimed in, “It’s located right next to-”
“I’m sure we’ll find it. Gotta run!”
Suddenly impatient, we ran out of the house, down the hill, and into the cave where the giant relic sat.
“Oh mighty Rock of Purification, I offer to ye my first born son, should you only find it within your power to remove the shadows from the hearts of my Pokemon.”
Rayne gave me a weird look. I don’t blame her. Think I took this “I seriously can’t take this seriously” thing a bit too far.
“Too much?”
“Maybe a bit. Try bringing out your Pokemon.”
Once I had, the stone glowed green. My previously dark-hearted Pokemon were noticeably changed, less aggressive for sure, and a dark aura could be seen leaving them. Some even evolved! Shows that a dark heart really CAN hold you back. I guess. Maybe.
“I… Think it worked?”
“You know what they need now?” Rayne asked.
“...?”
“RIBBONS! Oh, AND NICKNAMES!”
“But I never-”
“OOOH but we can’t leave wittle Umbreon out, can we? He needs a name too."
“But-”

197.gif
Nightlight♂ 36
181.gif
Flicker♀ 32
---
156.gif
Pettigrew♂ 34
189.gif
Wendy♀ 34
---
195.gif
Mudd♂ 32
200.gif
Mistress♀ 33

“Oh, sure, great names.” I rolled my eyes.
“They’re, like, 20% more adorable now!”
“Ok, we’re purified, we’re leveled, we’re even EVOLVED. Guess we’re off to Mt. Battle.”
“Do you know how to get there?”
“Er…”

--Several Hours Later---

"Found it." We were up north, in the mountains. In retrospect, MOUNT Battle should have been a good indicator, but hey.
"Let's go! SF could still be here!"
We ran inside the building, right up to the lady at the counter, demanding to be let through the other side. Now, I had never been here before, but instinct told me I needed to be on the other side of this building. Either that or the giant door right behind the counter had me really intrigued.
"I'm sorry, we can't let you through right now- We're waiting for Duking to send help with a problem we've been having..."
"Oh? That's me. Let me through!"
"Oh! I didn't think you'd be here so early!"
Suddenly Rayne did something extremely uncharacteristic. She was sarcastic. "Because taking half the day to get here is reeeal early."
"Just be careful, the power of their Pokemon is beyond normal."
"Not a problem. Let's go!"

I REALLY wanted to get through Mt. Battle this chapter, but, uhh... It's long. Even without writing out the battles. So... I guess this is filler. For now. Chapter 5.5? Yeah, something like that. The completion will come tomorrow/Tuesday.
I can't do this regularly, or even often, but slow and steady prevails eventually, right? Maybe? No?

Edit: I realize I never updated my title. Oops. So this is actually 6.5, with 7 coming soon. Yay.

Last edited:
Mt. Battle is a horrible excuse for a training ground and I hate it with every fiber of my being. Always have. Always will. Double battles are long enough as is, but having to do ten, twenty, thirty in a row takes quite a while. ...Other than that it's a pretty cool place, with each trainer having their own flying platform to battle on.
"So, let me get this straight."
One, two.
"The whole point of this place-"
Three, four.
"Is simply fitting in more trainers-"
Five, six.
"So that the boss fights later in the game-"
Seven, eight.
"Can reasonably be adequately leveled?"
Nine.
"That is terrible reasoning."
Ten. Nine long platforms later, I arrived at the end. I had Pettigrew (now a Typhlosion, yay) and Wendy sweep my way here, which would have been fine... If every trainer didn't have a team of Ground types. So every match literally consisted of keeping Typhlosion underground with Dig until Jumpluff put everybody to sleep. ...How you dig into the ground while fighting on a metalic flying platform, I have no clue, but I wasn't the only one doing it, so clearly logic simply don't apply here. Or anywhere in any Pokemon game, really.
Anyway, at the end, there was a giant ape of a man standing over the final trainer. He had dark red hair, and if it weren't for the height, I would had mistaken him for Lysandre from the back.
"Fine. After all the persuading I did, you still won't hand it over?" The man bellowed loudly, a deep voice echoing off the chasm walls.
"I'll show you what happens to stubborn oafs who don't do what I say!" *punch*
The poor scrawny trainer was sent flying to the other end of the platform. Not off though. That'd be far too dark for a Pokemon game, I guess.
"All you had to do was hand over the Time Flute. This is your own fault. Guess you'll just have to come back to the lab with me instead!"
The man turned around, finally noticing me behind him.
"Hmm? Who are you? What are my underlings doing, if not keeping pesky pests out of my way?
"That outfit of yours... You must be Keeper, the troublemaker that messed with Bacon back in Celebi's forest!"
"Um, yeah, maybe? Not like I ever got his name."
"And now you've come to mess with me, the great BigfootAUS! Don't make me laugh."
"I like to think I can be pretty funny at times. So no promises there."
"I guess I'll have to pound a lesson into your bones! Then you'll never mess with our affairs again!"
Bigfoot stomped his big, um, feet, and started the battle.

Bigfoot has entered #battle.
<Bigfoot sent out Metang and Camerupt!>
<Go Quagsire and Misdreavus!!>

Turn 1:
Mudd / Mistress vs Metang / Camerupt
Camerupt used Protect. Mistress used Shadow Ball, which crit when hitting Metang. Nice. Down to yellow. Metang used Psychic on Mudd, down to yellow as well. Mudd used Surf, but it didn't do a lot to Metang, and Camerupt had Protected so...

Turn 2:
Healed Mudd with a Super Potion. Psychic and Flamethrower together brought him down to red though. Surf took Metang down tored, and Cam to yellow. Bit sad really. Hoped for that OHKO, but hey.

Turn 3:
I had no idea what to expect. Would Metang Protect and Cam hit EQ? Would Cam Protect again? Oh well...
Healed Mudd again. Cam protected, yay. Metang died to Shadow Ball. He was quickly replaced by Marshtomp.

Turn 4:
Healed Mudd with another Super Potion, just to keep him running. Marsh used Mudshot, which lowered Mudd's speed. Camerupt finally released Earthquake, which brought Mudd and Marshtomp both to yellow. Surf knocked out Camerupt and took Marsh to red.

Turn 5:
Wanting to Surf but knowing you won't survive to pull it off. *sigh*
Heal Mudd, Mud-Slap did just a bit to him and... Rock Throw. Huh, ok. Mudd was left at about half-HP. Surf KO'd Marshtomp, but left Golem in yellow.

<Keeper> I'd like to point out here that Misdreavus has yet to be hurt. Not even once.
*Bigfoot sends out Entei.
<Keeper> o
<Rayne> Keeper! It's a Shadow Pokemon!
<Keeper> Legendary to boot.
<Keeper> *drool*
<Keeper> But NOPE. CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
<Keeper> NOT THIS TIME.
<Keeper> Stupid genderless *mumblemumble*

Turn 6:
Heal Mudd. This is becoming a thing now. Gotta keep the Water type running. Entei used Fire Blast, but Mistress avoided. Golem stupidly used Earthquake which brought Entei to red, and left Quag in the yellow.
So... Surf.

<Bigfoot> ...
<Bigfoot> Misclick.
#battle has ended.​

"Bigfoot!" The scrub from Celebi forest (Bacon?) came running by.
"We're pulling out! Find the others" Bigfoot yelled. "Back to the lab."
"Aight. Let's go then!"
Bigfoot turned to me, "This isn't over you know. Stronger Pokemon are being made even now. At least strong enough to make up for the levels you just pulled off of me, anyway. Next time, it's serious!"
And they ran off. Good on them. Run! And take your pathetic shadow-licious legendaries with ya!
"Keeper! There's somebody on the ground!"
"No, really? Where?"
As we walked over to the man on the ground, who was just starting to pick himself up, we walked over a disc that Bigfoot must have dropped. A random object that an obviously-evil group of people dropped that is probably extremely dangerous? Better stick it in my backpack.
The man brushed off his coat, "Let's just... Not do that again."
"Hello! I'm Rayne, and this is Keeper!" Rayne greeted the man enthusiastically. "Allow me to explain what just happened."
"Hmm... What you've told me explains a lot. I know exactly why the attacked us now. My name is One Approved by the way, nice to meet you both."
He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a small flute.
"This is the-"
"The Azure Flute?" I had to interrupt. "I could really use an Arceus right about now. Forget the genderless rules."
"...No, it's a Time Flute. Better, 'cause it's not a hack. It's said to summon Celebi, but only once. The thugs that were just here... Celebi must frighten them, for some reason. But come, let's head back to the front gate."
*teleport to Mt. Battle front.
Now inside the lobby, Once Approved turned to me.
"Here, I want you to take this with you. The Time Flute."
"Sweet."
"If you use it to encounter Celebi, and manage to catch it, just remember that in Gen 3 physical is a thing. I recomend-"
"Great advice, thank you very much. We'll be on our way now."
"You'll still be fighting those crooks though, won't you? In any case, you should come back here for training. You'll get stronger here, guaranteed. We won't let up one bit!"

197.gif
Nightlight♂ 36
181.gif
Flicker♀ 32
---
157.gif
Pettigrew♂ 36
189.gif
Wendy♀ 37
---
195.gif
Mudd♂ 34
200.gif
Mistress♀ 34
I seriously thought yesterday was Tuesday and I'd only be a date late. Whoops. But I got done what I wanted to get done this week so... Success?
I know my updates have gotten smaller... But life is going to be slowing down after next week. I'll be finishing up Culinary school, and will have the rest of June off, which I'll be using to update this more frequently with larger chapters per update. Yay me! Until then... I'll keep turning that crank slowly. Still want to get all those runs finished!

Last edited:
Playing on a different TV that doesn't play in color.
I have to say, I highly recommend playing in black and white. It really is something.
We made our way back to Agate Village, I guess to inform Rayne's grandparents that we took care of everything at Mt. Battle?
We were stopped though, by our cyborg shark friend.
"Oh, Rayne! Keeper!" The shark swam up to the side of the bridge as we crossed it into the village. "I heard about Mt. Battle! Eagun is worried sick! You best reassure him you're safe!"
"Yup, I think that's where we're headed anyway. Thanks Mora."
Over the hill and through the woods, to Rayne's grandmother's house we go.
Funny enough, once inside, it actually was Rayne's grandmother that addressed us first.
"Ah, you're home! Are you both alright?"
"Rayne! Keeper!" Eagun called out, "Good to see you both in one peice! Did you take care of the problem at Mt. Battle?"
"Of course. He had a legend, but somehow I-"
"I expected nothing less from my own granddaughter!"
"..."
"Oh, and you too Keeper. And what's this? The Time Flute? What are you waiting for? You should summon Celebi at once!"
"...Really? You want me to use my one-time-use-only Flute now?"
"That's what I said."
"No thanks. I'm off to the lab. That's where the thugs were headed. C'mon Rayne."

------To the lab!-----

*phone ring*
"Oh, look, an e-mail. From Duking again."
"What does it say?"
"They nabbed some goons from SF's gang. He wants us to come and squeeze the info out of their guts."
"I thought you wanted to explore the lab?"
"No time! Plot awaits!"
"Plot?"

-----Back in Pyrite Town-----

Due to being me, I knew exactly where to go. A nice cozy jail on the right side of town. We found bbninjas and Vom pretty easily.

"Heyo."
"Keeper!" Bbninjas called out, "Let me outta here, I know you picked up the keys from that table over there."
"Sorry, no can do. I mean, I probably could, but I won't. Just tell me what I need to know."
"About what?"
"Hey, I'll be asking the questions around here!"
"Uh, ok, so... You went and checked out the lab, yeah? I, uh, don't have a clue what's going on there."
"And you Vom?"
"Hush. I'm listening to the people on the other side of the wall."
Bbninjas shook his head, "I think he's lost it already."
So I backed away, towards the other cell, and wouldn't you know it, PP and prof.light were right there! How convenient. They wouldn't talk to me though, so I used my keys and opened their cell. Now they had no choice! Or, I'm sure they did, but the game decided they didn't.
"Keeper. What do you want?" PP scowled.
"Aw, come now, I thought we were friends."
"Freinds? You must be mistaking me for somebody else."
"Right, so, how'd you guys get stuck in here?"
"We were collared when we tried to sneak back down to The Under. Ya'know, just another thing that goes with this, that, and everything else you caused."
"I have a habit of causing trouble for people. Particularly you bad guys that want to steal everybody's Pokemon and/or take over the world/destroy it. Not entirely sure what your deal is, but I'm fairly certain it's bad."
Prof.Light was asleep on the bed, muttereing something about an elevator. Like Vom, I assumed she had just started her descent into madness. Lifetime in prison can do that to people. But she had a key of some sort on her belt, which I quickly swiped when PP looked the other way.
The door was left open as I left the jail, but I'm sure nothing bad will happen. I mean, they had to have had their Pokemon taken away, right?
"Where do we go now, Keeper?" Rayne asked.
"Given the all-too-subtle hintswe just got from those two, I guess we're headed for some place called 'The Under.' Given the name, I assume it's underground. Given the key and prof.light's mumbling, I assume we take and elevator to get there. Also, given that the only other place we've seen those two is the nearby building, I assume the elevator is there. And given that there was an elevator in that building that we couldn't use before, I assume that is the elevator we need to take."
Rayne gave me a blank stare.
"...I think we go this way."
"Okay!"

197.gif
Nightlight♂ 38
181.gif
Flicker♀ 34
---
157.gif
Pettigrew♂ 37
189.gif
Wendy♀ 37
---
195.gif
Mudd♂ 35
200.gif
Mistress♀ 36
Going on a grinding spree now (actually, already started with the trainers in the elevator building that give rematches, you can tell by the level difference already), because I have problems with The Under playing normally. Next chapter will be longer (like they all were supposed to be before life decided it had to pick up this year), and probably up shortly due to me being home alone these next few days with not much to do.

Back