Pokemon Pokémon GO Login/GPS Issue (on Samsung)

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Alright, so I just got a new phone, and it's a Samsung Galaxy S5, because I really hated my old iPhone. And I got to the login screen, and nothing is working. The Google option buffers indefinitely or kicks me out and says "GPS Signal not found", and the Pokémon Account option refuses to let me use it as well (says its the wrong password - it's not - but it could be because the servers aren't working). Has anyone had this issue? And if so, how did you fix it?

Pokemon Account option won't work at all now with how messed up the login servers can be. You need to use Google.

If you're getting passed the "Our servers are humbled" message, you're in the game and the server isn't kicking you out. Sometimes the game does hang, and you'll need to restart the app.

Part of the issue may also be that your phone is two generations old.

Pokemon Account option won't work at all now with how messed up the login servers can be. You need to use Google.

If you're getting passed the "Our servers are humbled" message, you're in the game and the server isn't kicking you out. Sometimes the game does hang, and you'll need to restart the app.

Part of the issue may also be that your phone is two generations old.
Using Google, it just says "GPS Signal not found" and proceeds to buffer. Do you know what's up with that?

Also, it's apparently an S6, my bad.

If it can't find the GPS signal, you'll need to move around more. How's the reception in your area? It works better if you turn Wifi off and use data.

In my experience (Galaxy S4 user), the GPS setting has a harder time inside buildings and may hang up if it's trying to use a weak wi-fi signal. Going outside may help, as may moving around and/or turning off wi-fi and using a data connection like PP suggested. The program also still seems to hang (at least for me) during peak usage times (mostly evenings).

Back