Pokemon Pokémon Merchandise: Discussion & Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because they didn't bother looking at 3rd party websites and just based the price on the MSRP which is $150 I think.

Seems like the site itself is working now, though I'm kind of disappointed in the selection. Hopefully they'll keep adding to it as time goes by. The best find seems to be those 3 pack blisters that people have had a hard time finding in stores.

They already have Primal plushes? That's quick! That Groudon looks so cool! Are they original PC plushes?

The plushes aren't actually coming out until December. For now, I'm hoping the US site will get them too so I can get one shipped to my parents' house while I'm there for Christmas. :D

Is there anywhere online that has the merch for worlds this year? I can't go but someone who is going has offered to grab me some stuff. It would be nice to know what there is ahead of time though

Athena said:
Probably because they didn't bother looking at 3rd party websites and just based the price on the MSRP which is $150 I think.

Seems like the site itself is working now, though I'm kind of disappointed in the selection. Hopefully they'll keep adding to it as time goes by. The best find seems to be those 3 pack blisters that people have had a hard time finding in stores.

Only 3 pack Blisters i saw was Flashfire ones i wish were up were the Plasma ones and Legendary Treasures and the First XY set ones =/

I'm happy you sent that to me on Skype. Obviously I bought the Charizard shirt. :D Can't wait until it arrived. Their order confirm messages are funny, lol.

@The-Kaiser (silly ninjas!): I don't think we're likely to see the older 3-packs on the new site; if TPCi was going to sell them on there, they would already be up there. However, sine they have them up for Flashfire, it seems likely that they'll be available there for the future, so that means later releases should hopefully not be as difficult to find.

---

In other news, has anyone here ever made their own Pokémon merchandise? :D I've made a few things on my own, mostly at my old job at a printshop where I used Pokémon images for test jobs and other things. I'm visiting my parents' house currently and in my old bedroom I found a Bellsprout fanart notebook that I had made. Image in spoilers down below! The cover was printed on a transparency sheet and laminated then put on top of an ivory pearlized cardstock; the back cover is the same pearl cardstock also laminated with a thick laminate sheet to give it a nice sturdiness, then I used regular loose leaf paper for the inside with a wire binding. It works wonderfully! :D I used it for math work when I was in college but there's still a good 2/3rd blank, so I'm going to remove the old work pages and bring it back home with me. :p

I've also made a bellsprout vinyl banner to test out a banner printer, and I made a few other fun things like posters and small notebooks and things. I'll post some more pictures when I get home. I've also got plans to make my own Pokémon earrings with the PokéCharms that Drohn brought me from Japan. :3 I have the charms and the ear clasps but the hole is too small for the charms so I need to get some small jewelry chain before I can put them together, but once they're done, I'll have 4 earrings, one each of Amaura, Aurorus, Tyrunt, and Tyrantrum. :3

Anyway, here's the Bellsprout notebook!

zVGrxZfl.jpg

Does anyone know anything about this Pikachu plushie? (pic heavy)

I've ended up with two of these plush over the years (ordering from Japan) but I've never come across these plush on eBay and I've never been able to find out any information about them through Google despite many efforts. I'm curious about their value. They're large 1:1 scale plush by Tomy from 2008 during the D&P release, if anyone can give me some further info on these plush that'd be fantastic! Thanks for looking~

iORLmpI.jpg

b8gFBL7.jpg

LIfTPmg.jpg

VTRBNq1.jpg

uy3D2cH.jpg

9En4unR.jpg

n8gfEhS.jpg

Please use spoiler tags when posting too many or too big pictures. Also, merged this with the merchandise thread.~Chaos Jackal

I'm certainly not an expert by far, but Googling the romanji on the front of the tag brought me to this site. Sadly, the link for the product itself is a 404 now, but just based on the short description we can see, it originally retailed for ¥3,999 (about $40). The rest of the description reads: "Convenience of the product shape, it will be considered as only bag wrapping. Exhausted feeling stuffed Pikachu POCKET MONSTERS DAIAMOND & PEARL OOKINA MATTARI NUIGURUMI Pikachu touch Gokochi ☆ Age soft stuffed ♪ big cute chillin big Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Size: 6 years and older: about 40 cm Material: Polyester Publisher: Takara Tomy -TAKARATOMY - (C) Nintendo · Creatures · GAME FREAK · TV Tokyo · ShoPro · JR Kikaku (C) Pokemon [08/10/4] BLUEPO ..." Translation courtesy of Google Translate.

I'm certainly no expert, but I do know that, generally speaking, old Pokémon plush kept in very good condition (especially of popular characters like Pikachu) can fetch a very good price in the secondary market; you could most certainly get significantly more than the original $40 if you were to sell it, though I wouldn't know how to estimate exactly how much aside from looking at other recent sales of similarly-sized/-aged plush.

Athena said:
I'm certainly not an expert by far, but Googling the romanji on the front of the tag brought me to this site. Sadly, the link for the product itself is a 404 now, but just based on the short description we can see, it originally retailed for ¥3,999 (about $40). The rest of the description reads: "Convenience of the product shape, it will be considered as only bag wrapping. Exhausted feeling stuffed Pikachu POCKET MONSTERS DAIAMOND & PEARL OOKINA MATTARI NUIGURUMI Pikachu touch Gokochi ☆ Age soft stuffed ♪ big cute chillin big Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Size: 6 years and older: about 40 cm Material: Polyester Publisher: Takara Tomy -TAKARATOMY - (C) Nintendo · Creatures · GAME FREAK · TV Tokyo · ShoPro · JR Kikaku (C) Pokemon [08/10/4] BLUEPO ..." Translation courtesy of Google Translate.

I'm certainly no expert, but I do know that, generally speaking, old Pokémon plush kept in very good condition (especially of popular characters like Pikachu) can fetch a very good price in the secondary market; you could most certainly get significantly more than the original $40 if you were to sell it, though I wouldn't know how to estimate exactly how much aside from looking at other recent sales of similarly-sized/-aged plush.

Thanks a million for this info! I definitely paid more than retail for both of them so I'm not sure that I've added any profit to my collection, but perhaps in time they'll climb higher than what I paid for them. Nice to see a product listing description for these plush finally, much appreciated :>

Does anyone else around here go to the Pokemon Center kiosks in the Seattle-area? I really only go to the one at Southcenter Mall since it's close to work, but I'm curious if the other kiosks all had the same selection or if each mall had different offerings.

Because different selection might mean a mini-road trip for me to hit up those large vending machines.

In celebration of the new Tokyo Pokémon Center, there's a new PC promotion featuring Pikachu and Mega Charizard Y and one of the items is a plush of Pikachu dressed in a MegaZardY costume and I am dying of cute overload. I especially love the angry face one that's exclusive to the new PC!

Pokemon.cp.jp source for anyone interested in seeing.

That is too cute! The ninth picture looks like a Charizard suit for humans. It seems small, though. If I was still in Japan and they had adult sizes for a Charizard suit, I'd definitely buy one of those!

It looks like one of those kids' towel-robes with hoods, like these but with Charizard instead of other animals. Shame, though, because if they were adult-sized I'd be all over it, too! :p

Gamestop now has Pokémon plushies going on sale for black Friday and beyond, I think they're 8"in scale plushies for 13$.

I know this thread is pretty old, but....

There are Goomy Slippers now. GOOMY SLIPPERS. If anyone wants to be my best friend, you know, just suggesting...

I also just saw on PokéPolitan that Banpresto is also doing a Dragon-type promotion for their UFO toys, including super cute Dratini and Goomy, and also a HUEG Goomy.

The Japanese Pokémon Center is adding some Legendary Pokémon plushes, presumably as part of its Mega Rayquaza merch push. Both shiny and regular Mega Rayuqaza are available, but I'm honestly more interested in the Arceus one myself. Who could resist that adorable face? I'm really hoping these will end up in the State-side PokéCenter, but the pokemon.co.jp website says quantities will be limited, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I might have to settle for that Kyogre I have my eyes on. :p

Not "official" merchandise, but these are simply too cute not to share: Eeveelution sneakers!! Ifi t weren't for my arch problems, I'd be buying these in a heartbeat. The artist of the design has a dA account as well that you can see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back