XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/494/18m0.jpg
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7913/yh4n.jpg

Let's see... Another Hoenn hint xD

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Oh please!!! Ruby and Sapphire in 3D please D:

Tuoko said:

Oh lord and savior Goomy, please bring forth Hoenn remakes. I will sacrifice 9 Kirlia's in your honor!

Tuoko said:

HAHAHAHA. Oh, GF, you magnificent bastards...
First step: condition the fanbase to expect certain things and patterns.
Second: 17 years later, break the patterns with extreme prejudice, throw the remains in the furnace, burn the furnace, burn the building where the furnace is.
Third: mock the fanbase when they are still clinging to the old patterns and asking for stuff.
classic, classic...

Don't you guys get it? they're not foreshadowing gen III remakes, they are trolling!
GF. IS. TROLLING! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA!

oshawotter97 said:
This guy just put up the first hour of gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMVSZEZoWLo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edit: confirmed, mom doesn't sleep in the kitchen this gen.

Confirmed, Pikachu keeps the anime voice ; - ; and Pichu and Raichu will most likely not lol. I'm going to kill every last pikachu now ; w ;
But I gotta say, I love he new Gym Leader battle song when he battled Viola!

I'm curious as to what is so beloved by Gen three that people want a remake? I'm not trashing it, I'm just honestly curious, because I thought it was also largely agreed by fans that Gen 3 was one of the worst gens made. Is it just because it's "next in line" for a remake? Or is Hoenn more popular than I thought?

Personally, I'd LOVE a Gen 3 remake because then they would bring back contests and the contest hall! YAY!!! I still have no idea why they thought that the pokemon musical would be an okay replacement for this different and neat system. It allowed you to train pokemon with movepools you'd otherwise never use in battle :/ In fact, they did it for two generations it was so great!

But Gen 4 is my favourite (though I think this gen will soon replace it when I start playing). Gen four had the battle frontier :) If I could request a remake, I'd probably say Gen 4, Sinnoh, because then I'd get my contest Hall back and the Battle Frontier. (now that I mention it, remake any game, remake no games, just please bring back contests and the battle frontier!)

But if they did gen 3, I'd be cool with that too. I really hope travelling to a past region is a part of the post-game content and no one has found it yet, or maybe it's realeased by an event give away. I'm also hoping over time that they consider DLC for these games, I'm crossing fingers that Hoenn is DLC unlockable.

Aerodactyl said:
Gen four had the battle frontier :)

The Battle Frontier was introduced in Emerald, just saying. And I love gen 3, it's my favorite. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are great games and the Hoenn region and pokemon were just awesome to me. I really hope remakes come on the 3DS sometime soon.

Aerodactyl said:
I'm curious as to what is so beloved by Gen three that people want a remake? I'm not trashing it, I'm just honestly curious, because I thought it was also largely agreed by fans that Gen 3 was one of the worst gens made. Is it just because it's "next in line" for a remake? Or is Hoenn more popular than I thought?

Personally, I'd LOVE a Gen 3 remake because then they would bring back contests and the contest hall! YAY!!! I still have no idea why they thought that the pokemon musical would be an okay replacement for this different and neat system. It allowed you to train pokemon with movepools you'd otherwise never use in battle :/ In fact, they did it for two generations it was so great!

But Gen 4 is my favourite (though I think this gen will soon replace it when I start playing). Gen four had the battle frontier :) If I could request a remake, I'd probably say Gen 4, Sinnoh, because then I'd get my contest Hall back and the Battle Frontier. (now that I mention it, remake any game, remake no games, just please bring back contests and the battle frontier!)

But if they did gen 3, I'd be cool with that too. I really hope travelling to a past region is a part of the post-game content and no one has found it yet, or maybe it's realeased by an event give away. I'm also hoping over time that they consider DLC for these games, I'm crossing fingers that Hoenn is DLC unlockable.

Many people (myself included) loved the Hoenn region itself. I personally think it is the most interesting and varied region to date. You've got undersea routes, a desert, a volcano, waterfalls, a jungle, Meteor Falls, Mount Pyre, and the whole region is just so green and refreshing...ahhh...
Not to mention Secret Bases, the first storyline that featured a more sinister presence of the evil team, great Pokemon in general, secret codes to crack and mysteries, the first Battle Frontier (in Emerald at least), and so much more.
Gen III is my favorite generation to date, i liked the uniqueness of many of the pokemon designs, and I thought the pacing of the game was perfect. Also, having a giant ocean to explore was pretty cool, but if there were remakes I would make that area a little less barren.
That all being said, I'm only in favor of Gen III remakes/DLC if its done right. Having it just be an extra region added on Kanto style like in Gen II, where the majority of the region is barren, would be a huge disappointment to me. If they do a full on remake, I would prefer they alter the storyline slightly, either set it 3 years later or so, or change something at least. I want to see a Hoenn that is wonderfully nostalgic, yet new enough to feel like a new adventure. Starting in Mossdeep for instance, and having the beginning part of your journey be a voyage by sea...THAT would be cool.

Just saved at Viola.
One of my favourite things about this game are the Pokemon animations during battle.
Whether its the attack animation or just the standing one, they're all incredible to watch.
I might even go as far to say that it looks better than Battle Revolution.

Oblivion_Wing said:
Just saved at Viola.
One of my favourite things about this game are the Pokemon animations during battle.
Whether its the attack animation or just the standing one, they're all incredible to watch.

Seriously ? Because battle revolution was really cool woth all the 3ds animations ... You can get better than that in X and Y ?
*Crosses fingers* "please amazon you don't need to send it to me the 12th ... 10th would be fine ...*

Aerodactyl said:

Off topic, but R/S/E was one of the best series in Pokemon for several reasons:

-Hoenn's overworld had a degree of creativity and connection to nature that hasn't been surpassed by a region yet. A route where it snows volcanic ash? The first desert in pokemon, complete with a sandstorm? A town built in the canopies of trees, and one built on floating logs? A city built on the walls of a volcanic basin? Underwater routes? Just incredible. Can you imagine them in 3D? Hoenn also to this day is the region with the most cities, and definitely feels the largest due to the huge expanses of ocean and land that you cover. Ocean and land being the entire theme of the games.

-The plot. For the first time, the villain teams (multiple ones!) had ideals that went beyond just stealing pokemon, and for what I would argue the only time, weren't just a bunch of goons being misled by one charismatic crazy person. And the scary thing was you could actually relate to both goals; Magma wanted to create more land for people and pokemon to use, while Aqua wanted to expand the oceans to suit the far greater amount of creatures that live there. What's more, you implicitly got to choose a side based on what game you chose. There was something really simple and relevant about the story; it was very tangibly about humans' relationship to nature.

-The pokemon! It introduced more new pokemon than any sequel until Black and White. They explored a lot of unique concepts, and didn't follow many "patterns" in pokemon creation (outside the early game bug lines, 2-stage fossil pokemon, and Milotic mirroring Gyarados). There were multiple early-game common as dirt options with Poochyena and Zigzagoon, multiple early game flying options with Wingull and Taillow. Lines that took unexpected turns, like Trapinch and Nincada. All the pokemon with crazy weird exp. gain rates are from Gen III. Legendaries that were solid all-around. And so many cute designs - Surskit, Shroomish, Mawile, Shedinja, Cacnea, Kecleon, Lotad, Altaria, Duskull are some of my favourites, but I could go on forever. As much as I love G/S/C and D/P/P, Gen III felt like a whole new series with all the new pokemon.

Throw in the biggest graphical jump save for the one from Gen V to VI (full color! footrprints! reflective water!) and great gameplay tweaks like double battles and abilities - which totally blew the game open - and you've got a pretty great set of games.

professorlight said:
Tuoko said:

HAHAHAHA. Oh, GF, you magnificent bastards...
First step: condition the fanbase to expect certain things and patterns.
Second: 17 years later, break the patterns with extreme prejudice, throw the remains in the furnace, burn the furnace, burn the building where the furnace is.
Third: mock the fanbase when they are still clinging to the old patterns and asking for stuff.
classic, classic...

Don't you guys get it? they're not foreshadowing gen III remakes, they are trolling!
GF. IS. TROLLING! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA!

R/S/E were my favourite games... Big time. I don't think there's anything wrong with hoping something to actually happen, although I think it won't. Who knows, maybe one day there will be more regions to visit, they did it once, why not twice?

Tatertot said:
Many people (myself included) loved the Hoenn region itself. I personally think it is the most interesting and varied region to date. You've got undersea routes, a desert, a volcano, waterfalls, a jungle, Meteor Falls, Mount Pyre, and the whole region is just so green and refreshing...ahhh...
Not to mention Secret Bases, the first storyline that featured a more sinister presence of the evil team, great Pokemon in general, secret codes to crack and mysteries, the first Battle Frontier (in Emerald at least), and so much more.
Gen III is my favorite generation to date, i liked the uniqueness of many of the pokemon designs, and I thought the pacing of the game was perfect. Also, having a giant ocean to explore was pretty cool, but if there were remakes I would make that area a little less barren.
That all being said, I'm only in favor of Gen III remakes/DLC if its done right. Having it just be an extra region added on Kanto style like in Gen II, where the majority of the region is barren, would be a huge disappointment to me. If they do a full on remake, I would prefer they alter the storyline slightly, either set it 3 years later or so, or change something at least. I want to see a Hoenn that is wonderfully nostalgic, yet new enough to feel like a new adventure. Starting in Mossdeep for instance, and having the beginning part of your journey be a voyage by sea...THAT would be cool.

Thanks for this, I'd kind of forgotten how big and extensive the region really is... It would look great in the new graphics! I guess people were mostly harping on the mechanics of the game then.

I also didn't know that emerald had the battle frontier, I only had ruby growing up. In this case, hoenn remake please! Or DlC with new story and add on.

The reason I want DLC so much is I kind of want a new adventure in an old region. Plus, with customization you're sort of bring yourself instead of Ruby or Rosa for example. I want to go to hoenn as the trainer I create in x and y, see it in a slightly new light I guess. Maybe they could do something cool though like start you off in moss deep and make it so that you have to train all new pokemon.

What's the point of a Remake if X/Y has all the Pokemanz? I'd rather a completely new game/story, than recycled stuff. Besides, now that they've switched over to 3D, a remake for a 2D game is HIGHLY unlikely..
Doing it in 3D would only waste resources they could use on making Gen VII or Pokemon Zed.

If a remake does come, it probably won't be till after Gen VI is complete.

Sheriff_K said:
What's the point of a Remake if X/Y has all the Pokemanz? I'd rather a completely new game/story, than recycled stuff. Besides, now that they've switched over to 3D, a remake for a 2D game is HIGHLY unlikely..
Doing it in 3D would only waste resources they could use on making Gen VII or Pokemon Zed.

I think a lot of people would like remakes for the following reasons:

1. They want to relive the story of Ruby/Saphire/Emerald in a new way, New console, new graphics, new pokemon, They want that.

2. Newer people who got into pokemon after gen 3 never had the chance to really play it, so it would give all the new fans a chance to play the previous games and to them it would be a new story

3. It would likely make Gamefreak a lot of money and it would make sense, Why would you make a remake of the first and second games and not remake the third? makes no sense, Gamefreak would get extra cash because of how all the new and old fans would by the game to either experience a new adventure (New Gamers) or relive an old one in new ways (Old Gamers)

Digicola said:
Oblivion_Wing said:
Just saved at Viola.

Seriously ? Because battle revolution was really cool woth all the 3ds animations ... You can get better than that in X and Y ?
*Crosses fingers* "please amazon you don't need to send it to me the 12th ... 10th would be fine ...*

Well.. By preference.. I love the cell-shading in x and y. It adds a lot of excitement for me. Because the BR models look TOO real for pokemon.. While i love BR on the Wii, i think being able to look at x and y outside of home also gives it a +1. Regardless, you will not be disappointed i can assure you.

professorlight said:
Has it occured to you that some people did not want the gym leaders spoilered?

Thanks a lot...

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that I had caused. You do realise that I'm new to Pokebeach's forums. Therefore when I came, I decided to post my own thread about information leaks. I hadn't noticed that there was another thread that was comprehensive to relevant things such as leaks, rumors, and Pokemon X&Y news. The moderator decided to move my post to this thread. Even though I did state in my post's headline that it contains major spoilers! I amended my post, I included spoiler tags to my post now. ;)

Sheriff_K said:

XY does not have all of the Pokémon. Just most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back