XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Any news as to what Pokemon can be found on what routes? I'd hate to spend an hour somewhere and not know if a Pokemon I'm looking for is there/or not. Would be gratefully appreciative if there is a link or something along those lines :)

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Moltres Battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8aNCxRAvaY

Also Vivillon is poke number 666. I find that ironic.

Some new pokemon are fine and some are disappointing. When I look at the bad-looking ones I think that GameFreak can be already tired of creating new generations and they draw whatever pops out in their mind. They probably think "no matter how sucky it is, fans will buy it". Maybe GF should employ some new people with fresh ideas? Don't get me wrong, I don't think that all, new Pokémon are bad. I just used to believe that some of them were fake and now when I see that they are real, I feel a bit disappointed.

I would like to see a new, small pokemon which is "hidden" (from Mew/Celebi/Syamin/Victini family).

Vulpix said:
Some new pokemon are fine and some are disappointing. When I look at the bad-looking ones I think that GameFreak can be already tired of creating new generations and they draw whatever pops out in their mind. They probably think "no matter how sucky it is, fans will buy it". Maybe GF should employ some new people with fresh ideas? Don't get me wrong, I don't think that all, new Pokémon are bad. I just used to believe that some of them were fake and now when I see that they are real, I feel a bit disappointed.

I would like to see a new, small pokemon which is "hidden" (from Mew/Celebi/Syamin/Victini family).

Actually, one of the most "despised" lines from Gen V (Vanillite family) was designed by a "new person," British artist James Turner. Personally, I enjoy the line, but I think it's actually having a lot of designers that makes some Pokémon stick out (for better or worse) in some gamers' eyes.

Why, may I ask, did you think some were fake?

And unfortunately, it may be a long while before we see a hidden legendary. The 3DS games are nigh impossible to crack, so it might be until Nintendo decides to reveal one that we get to see it. It was only because of the ease of DS cartridges to crack that we were able to see all of the event legendaries before their official unveiling -- hence why they were always promoted as "new Pokémon"; we weren't supposed to know of their existence.

I finally have the game (got a Marine Vivillon in Hungary btw) but I don't want to rush ahead too far since my friend didn't get her copy yet. Any idea when I can unlock Pokemon Amie? I'm at Sycamore's lab. Also, would be nice to know if the kanto starters are gender/shiny locked but I guess no one really knows that yet...

Re: RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Baktwerel said:
I finally have the game (got a Marine Vivillon in Hungary btw) but I don't want to rush ahead too far since my friend didn't get her copy yet. Any idea when I can unlock Pokemon Amie? I'm at Sycamore's lab. Also, would be nice to know if the kanto starters are gender/shiny locked but I guess no one really knows that yet...

Straight away, scroll through the bottom screens by pressing the arrows or using L and R!

EDIT: The gap between the first and second gym is really big so you won't feel like you're rushing it until you do 3, 4, 5, 6 which are really close together! xD

EDIT: From the bottom screen you can access the PSS, Super Training and Amie. :)

Wow I can't believe this game comes out on Saturday! I've literally waited the entire year for this..

And even though I've been following the leaks, there is still a big degree of mystery to these games for me. There are still many things to be discovered that the leakers most likely didnt have time to inspect, or didn't care enough to leak. Things such as Delphox using a wand, that might have been insignificant to most leakers but we were all sitting here wondering where the hell it went! So I cannot WAIT to get my hands on X AND Y to fully inspect & explore them!

I went to my local shop to see if they had preorder bonuses ... they actually had the games ... bought X. Y is getting delivered by the dear Amazon.
I'm so happy ;_;

Digicola said:
I went to my local shop to see if they had preorder bonuses ... they actually had the games ... bought X. Y is getting delivered by the dear Amazon.
I'm so happy ;_;

Where are you?

... So no stores here in America have been brought up in conversations for leaking the games early? Only those in Canada and the European countries, right?

Blast. Ah well, two days time.

TomoEGoto said:
Digicola said:
I'm so happy ;_;

Where are you?

... So no stores here in America have been brought up in conversations for leaking the games early? Only those in Canada and the European countries, right?

That's because stores here in America are actually taking nintendos threats to heart. They released a phamplet this morning saying any store caught selling the game early will not receive shipments of new games until after the release date in the future.

TomoEGoto said:
Digicola said:
I'm so happy ;_;

Where are you?

In France ... and yet only because I'm visiting a friend here x)
I'm actually from Australia and had to come here for a "training trip" kinda thing for two years and here a come LOLOLOL WE HAVE X AND Y YOU MAD ?

Okay, new theory on Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. I'm sure everyone knows by now that they flee before you can even throw a ball. I think it's clear we're looking at a mega evolution situation now. Before, the speculation was that they were holding their mega stones already. What if having them in your bag already is what keeps them in battle in the first place?

Also, froakie allegedly has a hidden ability called Protean. Does anybody know what it does?

P.DelSlayer said:
Zygarde is the Z legendary
Its a Ground/Dragon type with the Aura Break ability which nerfs Xern/Yvel's abilities

An interesting thing to note is that Xerneas is immune to its Dragon type and Yveltal is immune to its Ground type

As soon as I realized that, I figured there will be some twist where it will be immune to their types instead, in "Z".

halfrican said:
Okay, new theory on Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. I'm sure everyone knows by now that they flee before you can even throw a ball. I think it's clear we're looking at a mega evolution situation now. Before, the speculation was that they were holding their mega stones already. What if having them in your bag already is what keeps them in battle in the first place?

Also, froakie allegedly has a hidden ability called Protean. Does anybody know what it does?

Protean changes the Pokémon's type to the type of the last move it used.

Wow ... Thats funny ... The forest at the beginning of the game looks 90% like the viridian forest O.O

On the previous descussion about why the guide hasn't leaked (or why no one has seemed interested in leaking it), I think I can answer that question. Unlike in the past, the game guide and the pokedex guide are no longer the same. The pokedex guide doesn't come out until a few months after the game, for whatever reason, after all the new pokemon have been found either through playing or data checking. So yeah, that's pretty much why no one has been chomping at the bit to leak it. All it really reveals is what pokemon can be found on a route, where trainers/items are, and an overhead map. Oh, and the Sugimori art, if it already hasn't been released.

Personally, I'll be buying the game guide, mainly because I like having a fall-back in case servers freak or my internet cuts out. It's a little tradition of mine, and it has helped in the past when I don't feel like playing with my computer next to me for info checking. Sure, I tend to abandon it for online info once I've played through a few times and know my way around, but it's usually my go-to reasource during my first time through each game. I've learned that often when the new games come out, several of the informative fansites tend to get heavily taxed and crash (especially poor 'Pedia. They try, but they always crash sooner or later as the new info comes in).

I just removed some off-topic posts. Remember this thread is to discuss the Leaks / Rumors / Speculation. For casual conversations (the recent topic in this thread being where and how you bought the game) you can join the PokéBeach Chat Room!

CMP said:
Actually, one of the most "despised" lines from Gen V (Vanillite family) was designed by a "new person," British artist James Turner. Personally, I enjoy the line, but I think it's actually having a lot of designers that makes some Pokémon stick out (for better or worse) in some gamers' eyes.
The Gen V was fine. I found many pokemon pretty and funny.
CMP said:
Why, may I ask, did you think some were fake?
I saw a lot of fakemon before. Some were really good and professional but the rest was very so-so. When I saw the new, non-official Pokémon at the forum, I believed they were fake, because many of them were so-so. I still need to see the official artworks of them.

I just received Lucario with lucarionite from korrina!!

EDIT: Serena just gave me surf.

Since I haven't seen these posted yet. . .
Enjoy! :3

1381426145637.jpg

1381426025153.jpg

1381426328127.jpg

1381426236230.jpg

1381426418930.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back