XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Neal White said:
CMP said:
NintendoWorldReport is mentioning a "a low Pokémon count" with "less reliance on introducing new Pokémon." Sounds like a number closer to 70 may be true...definitely the least number ever introduced, at least. Max 90, probably.

Also worrying is that it sounds like the series took another step backward as far as story is concerned. Not a huge deal, since I don't play the games for the story (...I do it for new Pokémon...), but interesting nonetheless. I'm assuming the reports of a lack of post-game can be remedied by DLC? Hopefully?

Didn't say it made perfect sense; just more sense than Normal --> Water. :p

It was an odd design choice by Gamefreak, but in-universe it can probably be explain as simply being too young to have developed water-based powers.

Really? Well bye guys have fun till release. I'm gonna wait till the game goes down. Not paying 40 for a few new pokemon and some digimon.

Thats unfortunate if thats all you are looking forward to the game. me im looking forward to the EV training int he Super Training and finally being able to customize my trainer.

With the amount of Pokes already out there I am glad they arent flooding this game with another 150 new ones.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

To be honest, I don't really get why people are freaking out about the possible lack of new Pokemon. I can almost guarantee you that with Mega Evolutions and Legendaries included, there will be well over 100 new Pokemon designs.
Chill out, guys. Everything is going to be A-OK!

Theviking06 said:
Neal White said:
Really? Well bye guys have fun till release. I'm gonna wait till the game goes down. Not paying 40 for a few new pokemon and some digimon.

Thats unfortunate if thats all you are looking forward to the game. me im looking forward to the EV training int he Super Training and finally being able to customize my trainer.

With the amount of Pokes already out there I am glad they arent flooding this game with another 150 new ones.

Remember too that instead of having 4-5 Pokemon a route it's more like 10. There are a lot of old Pokemon around, that doesn't necessarily mean that there are FEW new Pokemon, just that there are a lot more older ones. One of the other players mentioned that it seemed about a 4-1 old-new ratio, so if that's true then with 10 Pokemon per route you're still seeing 2-3 new Pokemon a route.

Theviking06 said:
Neal White said:

I can even said it to the point of,
"Who cares about how many new pokemons there are. The fact that i can customize my trainer to be fashionable and that my old pokemon favorites getting a new cool 3d sprite and animation in a whole new 3d region already prove that this game worth all of my wait."

And i suppose we'll get at least 80-90, with no relation to previous pokemon except Sylveon. The fact that the Megas are there make me think they would go down on the Mega route rather than giving some old pokemon an evolution.

Chrono said:
To be honest, I don't really get why people are freaking out about the possible lack of new Pokemon. I can almost guarantee you that with Mega Evolutions and Legendaries included, there will be well over 100 new Pokemon designs.

My complaint is lack of new pokemon plus mega evolutions don't appeal to me at all. It's nothing against the game or the people that like it, it's my personal opinion. Now if the number comes out to close to 90 then yes I will get it, however if it is closer to 70 then that isn't what I was looking for in a game that I am buying. Again its personal opinion but it's how I see it.

Now that I look at the Mega Pokemon and see they have pokedex entries, from what I saw of Gengar and Abomasnow , I am sure we will get over 100 including them.

Yeah, I doubt we will see any legitimate evolutions of older pokemon this generation, other than Sylveon. It's all about the megas.

There had better be some new Poison pokemon other than Skrelp and his evolution, though. :(

CMP said:
NintendoWorldReport is mentioning a "a low Pokémon count" with "less reliance on introducing new Pokémon." Sounds like a number closer to 70 may be true...definitely the least number ever introduced, at least. Max 90, probably.

Also worrying is that it sounds like the series took another step backward as far as story is concerned. Not a huge deal, since I don't play the games for the story (...I do it for new Pokémon...), but interesting nonetheless. I'm assuming the reports of a lack of post-game can be remedied by DLC? Hopefully?

LordTerminal said:
Still doesn't make any sense to me. Why was Azurill made Normal in the first place if it was a pre-evolution to a Water type?

Didn't say it made perfect sense; just more sense than Normal --> Water. :p

It was an odd design choice by Gamefreak, but in-universe it can probably be explain as simply being too young to have developed water-based powers.

Well, low when compared to the 156 of last gen could still mean a hefty amount of pokes. I didnt expect over maybe 100, with the introduction of Megas, we can only as for so much. Gen 4 did it, with several of its pokemon being rehashed old ones. Nothing wrong with them doing the same mow. Besides, there's always DLC which could add more to the mix.
Either way, 90 plus the plethora of mega evos? I can deal with that. Clearly its more than 70 since we 're already at. 60ish if I 'm not mistaken. With the trio, Victini equivalent, the aformentioned Ground/Fairy and (cant recall the other type that was mentioned), and the third legendary, that's seven more to add.
The jist of what I'm trying to say is, 90ish is a good number. And im quite content with it.

I've, long, looooong awaited a grass/ghost pumpkin.

Halloween is my birthday and practically my year-round lifestyle.

The spooky stump prevo is a whole lot more adorable, but a glowing pumpkin with a black cat-bat thing sticking out of it is precious.

This will be the game we've all been waiting for. Regardless the number, I am excited to catch these Pokémon.

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: I made some changes to your post. Please remember to capitalise!*

Neal White said:
Chrono said:

My complaint is lack of new pokemon plus mega evolutions don't appeal to me at all. It's nothing against the game or the people that like it, it's my personal opinion. Now if the number comes out to close to 90 then yes I will get it, however if it is closer to 70 then that isn't what I was looking for in a game that I am buying. Again its personal opinion but it's how I see it.

I can see where you are coming from, with wanting more bang for your buck. But do none of the other new features appeal to you, or is the decision based solely on the amount of new Pokes.

chaosomega said:
now that i look at the mega pokemon and see they have pokedex entries, from what i saw of gengar and abomnisnow, i am sure we will get over 100 including them

They don't have actual dex entries. From what I have seen of all the screen shots it looks like you can view them in the dex under a like form section. So if you went under Gengar you could see all it's "forms" (male, female and then the mega).

I know I'll get burned to the ground and have rage buckets slopped at me, but I kinda wish all of the version "pixie" legendaries (with the exception of perhaps Mew) would have their Psychic typing replaced with Fairy. I mean, they've always just seemed like fairies or sprites or whatever to me, and Psychic was the closest thing to that until now. I also strongly feel Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf should be Psychic/Fairy. Won't be too broken up about it if it doesn't happen, but it'd really make more sense to me.

Does anyone have a list of Pokemon whose retyping has been confirmed?

Kanpachi just got his 6th badge. Looks like Fairy to me.

CMP said:

If it is a low count, I'm still hoping that they pulled a Gen IV and made some evolutions only available in post-game (ie, Gallade, Tangrowth and such). They had to do a LOT of work making the transfer from sprites to 3D models, so a lack of pokemon makes sense in that regard. As for post-game content, I've never found any pokemon game to have a great post when compared to G/S or HG/SS.

But in the end, I always see the first 2 games of a series as the 'beta' test. The REAL star tends to be the third game(s), when they've had time to collect feedback, polish things that had to be rushed, and make changes to the pokedex.

Leaferian said:
I know I'll get burned to the ground and have rage buckets slopped at me, but I kinda wish all of the version "pixie" legendaries (with the exception of perhaps Mew) would have their Psychic typing replaced with Fairy. I mean, they've always just seemed like fairies or sprites or whatever to me, and Psychic was the closest thing to that until now. I also strongly feel Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf should be Psychic/Fairy. Won't be too broken up about it if it doesn't happen, but it'd really make more sense to me.

Does anyone have a list of Pokemon whose retyping has been confirmed?
Azurill/Marill/Azumarill
Gardevoir
Mr. Mime
Snubbul/Granbull
Jigglypuff
Mawile

Those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Think there will be a legendary trio? and this "Z" pokemon?

HOPEFULLY, this mountain dex fills up more of this. STILL no noivern.

merrrrrhorse said:

If Noivern is a standalone, it would make sense if you found them in a higher level cave/mountain top. You could see Noivern as a similar concept to Druddigon.

merrrrrhorse said:

Probably the trio are fairy type pokemon. And probably, the Z pokemon will be based on tarasque.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarasque

Also, I saw some fake pokemon screenshots earlier, I'll be putting them in the catalog later today after I get home for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back