XY Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: Which Version Do You Plan To Get? Why?

RE: What version are you getting? Why?

I'm probably getting Y, because I prefer the version exclusives. Xerneas has a cooler Signature Move, though.
I'm also getting Y because then I can ask people Y they didn't get Y, when the version exclusives are far superior.(They get Clauncher though, so it's all cool)

LiepardTrainer said:
mastermagpie said:
Wwwhhaaat? How much money do you have!? That's a bit excessive... 14 x £35 ($50) = £490 ($600ish)! D:

I'm so confused...
I make about $300 a month, more than enough for me. I won't be buying them all at one time, I'll buy them at different times - one game every 2 or 3 months or so. Apology for any confusion. By end of the 6th generation, I should have about 7 copies of each game (enough for each language - I'm sort of a language fan myself - willing to try out different language even if I don't understand them too well)

eef said:
X. While I prefer Yveltal over Xerneas, I'll probably just trade for one. I prefer the X's other exclusive pokemon over Y's.

Welp, I never thought I'd see a millionaire on this forum but here it is.

I'm no millionaire (I wish I was though), I won't buy all 14 copies on one day. I already pre-ordered one of each. I'm guessing 6th gen will last 4 years, within those 4 years I'll buy various copies of the games. I like playing with varied Pokemon teams, and I don't restart any of my games, so buying multiple copies of the game is my only choice.

If you were a millionaire I don't think you'd stay that way for long...wouldn't it be smarter to just get 2 versions of each and reset the extra? I guess you're one of those people that makes weird rules for themselves and refuses to break them even when there's no benefit to following them =/. Meh. I do that sometimes too I guess.

Anyway I'm getting X...only X. I like video games(and money) too much to spend 80$ on one game unless the game breaks, or one of the copies is a gift for someone else. Xerneas>>>Yveltal Clauncher>Skrelp though Skrelp is more unique.

I'll probably be getting Y, I have a feeling I'm going to love Spritzee's evolution, even if it's not the evil plague doctor everyone is speculating about. Skrelp is also very cool, and though I know I can get any of the version exclusives easily by trading, for me there's something to be said for catching them for yourself in the wild.

X because Xerneas would absolutely WRECK ubers.
With so many Dragon type legends, an immunity to Dragon would be EXTREMELY useful.
I'll probably soft reset until I get one with a decent nature so I can use him in the metagame.

Chrono said:
X because Xerneas would absolutely WRECK ubers.
With so many Dragon type legends, an immunity to Dragon would be EXTREMELY useful.
I'll probably soft reset until I get one with a decent nature so I can use him in the metagame.

Dragon immunity is not a given yet, all that we know is that Fairy is 2x effective against Dragon. But I get what you're saying, lots of teams will have to rethink their strategies/movesets because of Xerneas!

Not sure yet but leaning toward X beacause of version exlusives although I prefer Yveltal over Xerneas, but I like Xerneas's typing better, so for now :0.

Both for me and my little brother. Im taking pokemon x mainly because the legendary. But its never really bothers me that much. First time im getting both versions snd its just because I want to battle with somone during the story and my little brothrr is the only one I know who plays the game.(mainly because of me )

I'll be getting Y and Y only, because Y not! Well I know I can trade easily for version exclusives no matter what game I get. Yay for wifi trading. It doesn't actually matter what version I get because of it (and breed them for egg moves and decent natures anyway), but I chose Y because I really like Yveltal the most.

Also, the Y not joke. =V

I don't like how the two version-exclusive Pokémon I like are in different versions. :( I like Spritzee and Clauncher, but I really don't like Skrelp and that Cotton Candy thing is crazy. If Spritzee can evolve, then I'll probably stick with Y.

I want Pokemon X because I want Swirlix, even though it's Cotton Candy I love it to death. I also wanted Clauncher because Skrelp.. No, don't want it, haha.

Definetly Y. Yveltal just looks way too cool for me to pass up. I'll just trade to get a Clauncher from my friend.

X, because of clauncher and his majestic holiness, Xerneas.

Will probably be getting Pokemon X because Xerneas in the forest (shown through the one trailer) somehow reminds me of the Nightwalker/Forest god from Princess Mononoke and plus, clauncher just looks that awesome! :D

Although at first I was a bit defensive about the whole Fairy type, I fell in love with Xerneas before I knew it's typing, and I've loved it ever since, and for that reason alone, I'm choosing X. :D
Plus, Clauncher and Swirlix > Skrelp and Spritzee

Although, I pre-ordered both. ;)

Probably Y because of Skrelp and Spritzee. I'm still having fits of indecision over the legendaries, though.

Both was going to play X, because Xerneas was getting no love back then, but I think I will play Y first. Since Yvetal is less popular. I don't like it when something is left out.

I am getting both X and Y, but I am playing X as my main game for Xerneas and Clauncher. Can't wait to see what Clauncher evolves into.

I'm getting X because I like xerneas and also I think the kids at my league will all get Y since the yveltal looks so much "awesomer"

桜Knight said:
Both was going to play X, because Xerneas was getting no love back then, but I think I will play Y first. Since Yvetal is less popular. I don't like it when something is left out.

This is like... half the reason I have a sorta-tradition of always getting the secondary version. xD

Back