XY Pokémon X / Y : Disappointments & Possible Improvements

RE: Pokémon X / Y : Disappointments and Possible Improvements

The fact that some forms of Vivillon are only available in one place, while others seem to be found everywhere.

Blob55 said:
The fact that some forms of Vivillon are only available in one place, while others seem to be found everywhere.

Perhaps, but I think that GF wants our hunting to be more challenging. If it was easy, then it wouldn't be that fun. Personally not sure what to really think about it. It might be fun, but if you are shy and can't make friends, then it will be difficult.

Vulpix said:
Blob55 said:

Perhaps, but I think that GF wants our hunting to be more challenging. If it was easy, then it wouldn't be that fun. Personally not sure what to really think about it. It might be fun, but if you are shy and can't make friends, then it will be difficult.

Or if you don't know many people who play Pokémon.

There's very little I can complain about thus far (just beat the 6th gym), I'm really enjoying X and Y. I would agree that the GL's need to have 4 pokemon and Elite 4 needs 5, there a bit to easy at the moment with so few pokemon. There also needs to be a fix for the slow down in battle scenes. There needs to be better explanation of the side events, and less friends, I don't know what any of their names are since there are so many of them!

The game has frame rate issues, especially in 3D mode. In 2D mode I can mostly ignore it, as it only happens in the split screen camera during battles and during a few parts of double, triple and rotation battles. In 3D mode most battles are very chunky. It is still playable, but still annoying.

The little amount of new Pokemon families. I accepted there only being about 70, but I still find it disappointing.

That's about it, tough.I don't really have any other major disappointments. I really love these games, even with the frame rate drop... Even tough the shiny layer of this being new has vanished already, these games are definitely among my favorites (shared second place with emerald). If Pokemon continues with this as a new standard, in terms of graphics, music, etc., I definitely see a strong new era ahead of us.

For those who have the slowdown, did you download the games?

A big issue for me, is there's not enough money for Poké Balls AND Fashion items. What makes it worse, is you have to use your own Poké Ball when you obtain an Egg AND in the Safari zone! You need to beat every Trainer in-game and Challenge the E4 probably at least 10 times to have enough money to Capture all Pokémon.

I've caught every Pokemon I can find along my first play-through so far and haven't had any issues with money or buying clothing. Sometimes I run low on Pokeballs if there's a really stubborn one (Absol, I'm looking at you), but not really a complaint.

And the slow down or frame rate issues are for physical and digital copies of the game. It's nothing major, or even a small issue in my opinion. It's comparable to how the Pokemon Stadium games sometimes slowed down just a bit during battles.

Amulet Coin so early on (versailles place; fireplace) helped a lot with money.

Some animations are a tad bit longer than I'd like. What Im referring to are moves like Fury Attack and Double Slap. There's just way too much of a gap in between attacks. Same with moves like Leech seed or Absorb. That animation all needs to be sped up. Same applies to confusion.

Money isn't even a problem in this game. I mean, I've already tossed upward 600,000 on costumes and I still have 800000 on hand along with 50 BalmMushrooms.

Riskbreakers said:
Money isn't even a problem in this game. I mean, I've already tossed upward 600,000 on costumes and I still have 800000 on hand along with 50 BalmMushrooms.

I don't know if you're going on capture sprees or if the Trainers later on give out a butt load of money, but at the moment I spend all my money on Poké Balls.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting on my nest egg of 1.2 million.

And I'm only at the 3rd Gym and have 70,000 after restocking Poke Balls, Potions, etc. And I catch every Pokemon I come across, new or old alike, and spend at least 20-30 minutes in every new route looking for any rare Pokemon I may have missed. Still no issue with money, trainers appear to give more than they have in the past.

Do you have the Amulet Coin, Blob55?

There's something called the Battle Chateau and another thing called the Amulet Coin. Maybe if you use those two together, money wouldn't even be that much of a problem or maybe you just can't budget money at all which is a shame.

When I first got to Lumiose City, I blew almost my entire wad of PokéDollars on a stupid hair cut and despaired ever being able to afford fashion items. I sold a bunch of stuff in my inventory to afford more Poké Balls as well. But, the Amulet Coin and the Battle Chateau helped me out a lot. I have about 250k right now, right after the second gym and affording stuff isn't an issue anymore, even after buying new outfits and catching each new Pokémon that I see. It really does help.

Also, I haven't noticed any slow down at all, but I am playing in 2D mode (the 3D hurts my eyes if I do it too much) and I have the physical cartridge, so that might be effecting things.

Also, this may sound like a weird complaint, but... I actually don't like all the "benefits" of Pokémon-Amie if you max your Pokémon's affection. I got my Eevee to max affection to evolve into Sylveon, and now it's like "oh, look, another critical... yay." It just feels like it's playing on easy mode. For the rest of my Pokémon, I'm just going to get the 2 hearts for bonus xp and that's it. >_>

I was disappointed when I heard that E4 had only 4 pokemon. I know that E4 is called EliteFour and maybe GameFreak wanted to make the game easier (for toddlers), but it doesn't mean that E4 really should have only four pokemon and be easy to defeat. I still remember the old, good times when they had five, badass pokemon and were hard to beat. Now they are almost on the same level with the Gym Leaders.

Someone somewhere didn't like that when you encounter Pikachu it says its name. I would like the Pokedex to be able to say Pokemon names. I'm not complaining, I just thought it would be a nifty idea for the future.

Perhaps my favorite new feature is Wonder Trade. I absolutely love it and have, admittedly, spent hours on a cycle waiting for something good. If ever they could improve it, however, I'd add a basic level match. It's easy to catch a Caterpie to send, but I think it'd be even more interesting if you would receive a Pokémon roughly the same level as you.

There are so many whiny complaints in this thread.

Still, I think a comment on the lack of difficulty is deserved. With Exp Share, I was consistently ~10 levels ahead of the competition using a team of 6 without bothering to grind. That's ridiculous when you also consider that you get given an extra starter and two mega evolutions early game. Even a Nuzlocke of X & Y would be a breeze. I can't fathom how you could ever lose a battle in the main campaign.

Super training is a disappointment, last gen I could breed the perfect Pokemon (proper nature, two perfect IVs) in fifteen minutes tops, and then train it up in about twenty at the most (pokerus, power items), and will probably do the same here. I haven't beaten the game yet, but it seems as though no one else in the game uses megas, which is a huge disappointment to me. I was looking forward to fighting each gym leaders one special mega. Oh well, it'll make competitive fun. I love Pokemon Amie, it's so much fun to connect to my Pokemon finally!

Oh, I just remembered something that made start dancing last night! Males can now pass on hidden abilities! Now I don't have to be sad about not being able to breed my speed boost Torchic!

Back