XY Pokémon X / Y: Preorder Bonus

mijumarulover

Water Pokemon Trainer
Did you preorder Pokemon X/Y? Do you think they will have a preorder bonus, like a figurine or something?

RE: Pokemon X/Y Preorder bonus

When I preordered Y from Gamestop several months ago, there was no mention of a bonus. So, unless they plan on a late announcement, I don't expect to be getting one. The last preorder bonus I remember getting was the figurines from HG and SS; nothing for BW or BW2. North America's lame :T

I'm hoping that the figurines come to the UK (I'm planning on emailing GAME to ask if there will actually be a preorder bonus I can post here if they confirm or deny one). I'm gonna preorder X, regardless.

Well I talked to a gamestop employee like 2 weeks ago. I was intrested in a pokemon game, and he also mentioned that if you pre-ordered it from gamestop you get a secret pokemon. When I asked him which Pokemon he said he didn't know.

So there will be a pre-order bonus of a mythical pokemon like Black and White getting Victini.

Reggie McGigas said:
Well I talked to a gamestop employee like 2 weeks ago. I was intrested in a pokemon game, and he also mentioned that if you pre-ordered it from gamestop you get a secret pokemon. When I asked him which Pokemon he said he didn't know.

So there will be a pre-order bonus of a mythical pokemon like Black and White getting Victini.

I never really classified that as a preorder bonus - there was nothing about it that meant you had to preorder the game.
Sure, it helped make sure you'd get your Victini, but it was never explicitly stated that it was only for preorders.
It was more like an early event.
edit: that was a false piece of info, I ditzed up

P.DelSlayer said:
Reggie McGigas said:

I never really classified that as a preorder bonus - there was nothing about it that meant you had to preorder the game.
Sure, it helped make sure you'd get your Victini, but it was never explicitly stated that it was only for preorders.
(and it wasn't preorder exclusive since the Liberty Pass was released again iirc)

ok.....

When did we get the liberty pass again?

Reggie McGigas said:
P.DelSlayer said:
(and it wasn't preorder exclusive since the Liberty Pass was released again iirc)

ok....

When did we get the liberty pass again?

whoops, it was the Movie Victini I was thinking of.

But if you look at the distribution periods of the Liberty Pass, then it's evident it was never meant to be a preorder bonus.
They would not have a preorder 'bonus' that went on for over a month. It was never even exclusive to preordered versions.
There's absolutely nothing about the Liberty Pass that was preorder exclusive. If I recall, they merely said that Victini was a strong Pokemon that the player could get when they played through Black/White the first time.

As to your GameStop enquiry, and the secret Pokemon, I'm thinking that that may just be another Victini situation (we get the chance to get it first time we play, but there are more events in future for it), I'm not sure how they'd play having a preorder exclusive Pokemon.
_ _ _ _ _
I've just sent a message to GAME asking about a preorder bonus. I'll post their response here, whatever they say.

Pokemon X/Y Preorder bonus

I work at GAME and so far we have heard nothing on Bonuses! :(

EDIT: Also, I preordered X!

This has some more info on the figures and other preorder bonuses, including a music CD and other things. I may have to get both games is this comes overseas.

Even if there isn't a bonus, I'm planning on reserving a copy. My local indie shop sometimes lets you buy it a day early if you do. :)

I'm going to preorder X, but I'm hoping that they'll offer a gen 3 start so Hoenn remake rumors can keep happening...

DorianBlack said:
Even if there isn't a bonus, I'm planning on reserving a copy. My local indie shop sometimes lets you buy it a day early if you do. :)
Where do you live? Kinda makes me wonder if I should search around for a non-corporate game store to see if I could get the same thing.

Inferchomp said:
I'm going to preorder X, but I'm hoping that they'll offer a gen 3 start so Hoenn remake rumors can keep happening...

On that sort of note. Wouldnt it be nice if they offered a DLC for pre orders that allowed you to get a starter from another gen, AND it have its hidden ability? Not necessarily at the start, but not post game... then every time you restart your game and play through you could get a different one!

I preordered both games, no mention of a bonus, and ive never gotten a preorder bonus before [started preordering after Plat].

Meh either way. What am I gonna do with a plastic figurine anyway?

I preordered Y for about a month ago, nor did I hear about any preorder bonus. I live in Norway, though, we don't get that many preorder bonuses.

When I mentioned Pokémon X and Y to a associate at GameStop, he said "we're gonna be giving out Mewtwo before it's release!" Which doesn't surprise me because last August, they try to pass Keldeo off as a bonus fpr B2W2. But yeah, they basically quit doing specific pre-order bonuses after HGSS. However, some stores do offer special deals and bonus items for buying the game on launch day. I got the two collectible coins that Toys"R"Us gave out for B2W2.

GAME have confirmed that they aren't doing a preorder bonus for X/Y.

Sucks, I want that Xerneas figurine :/

Teeboy23 said:
However, some stores do offer special deals and bonus items for buying the game on launch day. I got the two collectible coins that Toys"R"Us gave out for B2W2.

Yeah, this is true. I remember when BW1 came out, TRU had some "preorder" bonuses including a cleaning cloth, stickers, and special styluses. I didn't preorder, but did go in on release day and the workers were just handing them out to anyone that bought any games that day. Apparently they got in tonnes, quite a bit more than the number of games they got even.

Back