Writing PokéPoetry! VI (You Choose!)

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
j9ugpt.png

PokéPoetry! #6

Theme: I Choose You!

Once again, PB writers, it's time for an exhilarating contest! We are excited to introduce a new style of contest - one that we've never done before. I don't want to espouse a bunch of superfluous jargon, so I'll cut to the chase. We are introducing a poetry contest. "Well, what do we have to do?" "What does this contest entail?" Simply, you must follow these rules, and we will explain.

Rules

I. You must reserve a post in this thread, detailing your chosen style of poetry. Example:

Code:
Username: William Shakespeare
Chosen style: Sonnet (Iambic Pentameter)
Pokemon:

II. Once we acquire the list of names from your reserved posts, we will RANDOMLY assign a Pokémon with which you will create your freestyle poem.
  • Your poem must at least contain five lines to be accepted, with the sole exception being a haiku.
  • You must write your poem about your Pokemon. Failure to do so will result in a disqualification.
  • Be descriptive!

III. Don't plagiarize; any instances of plagiarism will result in a disqualification from the contest and a ban.

IV. You will be able to choose up to three of your favorite poems during the judging phase. You will be able to either "like" the contestant's post or send a PM to [smod]Ice Arceus[/smod] with the name(s) of the contestant('s)/poem's title. Anyone can vote, not just contestants! All members are encouraged to take part in the voting process.

V. You may edit your poem until the voting phase begins.

VI. Please make sure you use proper spelling and grammar! Poems that fail to reflect this will be disqualified.

This contest will be very relaxed, and you will be given the opportunity to write your poem in any way you desire. For example, if you choose a dark, gloomy Pokemon like Mismagius, you are free to make your poem reflect upon that Pokemon's nature and type, or you may completely surprise us and write the complete opposite and incorporate the positives and playfulness of Mismagius. It's all up to you! A few examples of the types of poetry are as follows:
  • Free Verse
  • Blank Verse
  • Haiku
  • Sonnet
  • Epic
  • Limerick
  • Song (duh!)
    And many, many more... (Google's your friend)

Important Dates

4/3 - Sign Ups begin.

4/8 - Sign Ups end.

4/17 - Entries for Round Two are due and voting begins.

4/20 - Voting ends and winners are announced!

List of Contestants:
1. PMJ
2. Scorched Feathers
3. Fangarde
4. Turtwig

in *88*5*84*4*

Be sure to use the updated form. :p

Code:
Username: William Shakespeare
Chosen style: Sonnet (Iambic Pentameter)
Pokemon:

Username: Scorched Feathers
Chosen style: Haiku
Pokemon: Fletchling
PRAISE ME!

EDIT: Mai Haiku <3

The bird of pure dread,
Demanding praise from mortals
Rightly deserves it.

Username: Fangarde
Chosen style: 25 lined ode
Pokemon: If possible can I do like a duo with Gallade and Gardevoir, if not, I'll just stick with Gardevoir

Alright, thanks for the info, Gardevoir it is then

You can only pick one Pokemon. We may have future rounds where we may provide you with an opportunity to choose your own evolutionary line.

Reminder: Sign ups end tomorrow!

It's not going to be fun with just three people.

Username: Turtwig
Chosen style: Sonnet
Pokemon: Not feeling like a Turtwig mood (I've been writing a story with Turtwig in it lately, so I don't feel like writing more with it), so let's do something different: Flygon. Woo.
Decided that I will make time for this one.

looks like "will" turned into "forget to"

Wait, I didn't post again? Could have sworn I did...

Username: PMJ
Chosen style: Free verse
Pokemon: Pidgeot

Back