Ruling Poke-Power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza 187

Serpents of the Light
What makes a poke power supperior to another?Example If lucario X does stance and i have a Aerodactyl MD would i put 2 damage counters on him and another Example if Feraligatr ex does Intimidating fang being that he used his poke body would i apply 2 damage counters if i had Aerodactyl MD?

When you use a Power - eg; stance, and your opponent has a Dactyl in play that means Lucario LV.X gets 2 damage counters.

and btw, it's feraligatr d and it's a poke body, dactyl places damage on Powers.

Theres no such thing as a pokepower stronger than other, its just a matter of wording, follow it correctly and youll know wath to do. Stance says "....prevents all effects of an ATTACK...." But the power of aerodactyl its not an attack do it?

Yes. It doesn't say "once per turn" or "You may only play this power once for every poke-power your opponent uses."

Rayquaza 187 said:
What makes a poke power supperior to another?Example If lucario X does stance and I have a Aerodactyl MD would I put 2 damage counters on him

Yes. Stance says "Prevent all effects of an attack, including damage, done to Lucario during your opponent's next turn." First, it's not your opponent's next turn when you're using Stance, so the protection isn't even in effect yet. And even if it was, Aerodactyl's Power is not an attack, which is the only thing Stance guards against.

Rayquaza 187 said:
and another Example if Feraligatr ex does Intimidating fang being that he used his poke body would I apply 2 damage counters if I had Aerodactyl MD?

You don't "use" Poke-Bodies. They are continuous modifiers as long as they are in play. So you have three problems:
  1. There's no use event for Aerodactyl's Poke-Body to trigger on.
  2. Aerodactyl says it triggers when your opponent uses a Poke-Power, not a Poke-Body. So it does nothing to Feraligatr.
  3. Even if it did, Feraligatr's Poke-Body shuts off all others. So Aerodactyl can't even use its Power to start with.

viewtifulme said:
Is aerodactyl stackable?

There's nothing that says otherwise, so it is.

So does that mean that if you had four aerodactyl out, one cosmic power and claydol's gone? Hah, hope it was a good cosmic power..

I think he's trying to think of the game in terms of magic/yugioh, where theres card speeds and such. The only card like that is really alakazam, but he simply counters powers (I guess it could be speed 2 or whatever).

To answer your question, yes, Claydol would be hit with all 4 Aerodactyls Bodies, so it would get KOed.

On another note, do not post in a topic that is more than 2 weeks old, it is then considered a dead thread.

*Lawked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back