Pokebeach Groups(Specificly Teams)

TheDarkLucario said:
Why does this seem like a gang war...?
Couldn't someone still give strategies through PM, and stuff like that... I may seem stupid because I don't join clans...

We could do it through PM, but then we would have nothing to talk about in the thread.

GHJamesGH said:
We could do it through PM, but then we would have nothing to talk about in the thread.
I mean couldn't a spy on one team give strategies to the other team through PM

Kevin Garrett said:
That would require a user group for each team. Too much.

Not really. Is pokebeach ran off of IPB or something? They have a built in clan system code or whatever.

I really like this new idea. Though there is not going to be a lot of members on other teams, because all the Team Typhoon members are staying and the others are leaving to stay on Typhoon, and we have 55 members.

Oh was this whole new rule created because of the war that is going on between Typhoon and Storm?

Pokeman said:
I really like this new idea. Though there is not going to be a lot of members on other teams, because all the Team Typhoon members are staying and the others are leaving to stay on Typhoon, and we have 55 members.

Oh was this whole new rule created because of the war that is going on between Typhoon, and Storm?

I don't even know if this war will happen. I only have 4 people since I won't have enough time for several weeks. And I'm pretty sure it was because of the war, since members like Meaty or jirachinick are in like many groups.

GHJamesGH said:
Yeah, I requested that rule so we could do more stuff like that.

Good deal that sounds like a plan. Other than I see barely any members left on other teams, because everyone one but one stayed on Typhoon.

mr.619 said:
Not really. Is pokebeach ran off of IPB or something? They have a built in clan system code or whatever.

It's ran of mybb, while it does have a "group" feature, Mybb's group feature doesn't work the way IPB's does. This requires actual usergroups, like say if you go to this page you see that your a member of a usergroup, and not of clans and the such. I have yet to find any Mybb Modifications/Plugins for this from my 2 minute search. As far as I am concerned nothing so far exists for mybb, it's been suggested in loads of places but nobody has really taken the time to do anything about it.

Well, there's always the fact that they can create new boards and password protect them. Only the team leader would have the password to tell the team mates. Just hope people would be loyal and not give the password out to others.

That would still require either a Super Mod, or WPM to take the time out of their day to change a user to a new usergroup. Since you can hide/allow a user to see a forum if they are in a special usergroup. Then they would have to create like maybe a sub-forum/forum and make a password for password protection and then go through disallowing every usergroup except Mods+ and your team's usergroup, so it is restricted access. Then having to keep-up and maintain what is said and who drops from what just adds more stress.

Then if you just password protect a forum it still litters the place with un-needed forums/sub-forums to people not in TCG teams or VG teams. This would just make the forum look overall trashy.

So this idea is a no go until Mybb/A Mybb Plugin Coder decides to create a Social Groups plugin.

Couldn't they still give away Strategies through PM, like a spy.

This rule isn't really going to affect anything. I understand that the same members are spamming the same thing in 3 different threads, but honestly, this won't fix it. All this will do is 3 things:

A) Kill off 2 or 3 of the TCG Teams, because multiple members are in different teams. 2 or 3 are going to just die immediately, because they couldn't keep enough members to stay active.
B)Prevent new teams from being made. All the members will already be on 1 team, so there will be nobody left to join the new ones, thus preventing the creation of new teams.
C) Not fix any spam. People are spamming the same thing in 3 different threads, yes, but all this rule is going to do is nothing. The same topics will be spammed just the same in the same threads, but instead by different people in different threads, but the same exact thing is going to be discussed. This rule really isn't going to help that fact at all.

So with this new rule, I still see a problem, which is what this new rule tries to fix.
We may only be on one team, but I can still go on a different team and steal their ideas, which is what we are trying to prevent. So we need some kind of system so we can only see the posts on the team we joined

jirachinick said:
So with this new rule, I still see a problem, which is what this new rule tries to fix.
We may only be on one team, but I can still go on a different team and steal their ideas, which is what we are trying to prevent. So we need some kind of system so we can only see the posts on the team we joined

How would you join in the first place then. You wouldn't be able to see what you're getting yourself into :p It would be like a snotty public school where you have to be invited. That would be a fail.

Back