PokeBeach Podcast: “Temporal Forces” in March and 170 “Shiny Treasure ex” Secret Rares!

Only came to rate the pronunciation of "Gdańsk", stayed for Basil's based opinions. The formats have absolutely been centered only around "broken engine + broken/decent attacker = deck", with little actual deckbuilding. I don't agree lock (because this is really what this deck is, a lock deck) is a "legitimate strategy", it's what pops up when a degenerate format gets what it deserves.

Anyway, my rating:
Basil: 73/100
WPM: doesn't say it/100

The set is an absolute let down. It needed way more alternate art cards and way less boring baby shinys. Also to me the biggest let down is not having a shiny Raikou to complete the gen 2 trio since if this set is as flop financially we probably wont get a 4th shiny set (as we shouldn’t, these sets suck)

Bellossom! Another great episode this week! Really enjoyed listening as always. My favourite card in the shiny set is the gardevoir, it just looks super good and I need it in my book! I think stall is a really cool new way to win, I remember the warlord ex winning and that sounds super funny tbh. Really enjoyed hearing about all the news, and can't wait to listen again next week!

Only came to rate the pronunciation of "Gdańsk", stayed for Basil's based opinions. The formats have absolutely been centered only around "broken engine + broken/decent attacker = deck", with little actual deckbuilding. I don't agree lock (because this is really what this deck is, a lock deck) is a "legitimate strategy", it's what pops up when a degenerate format gets what it deserves.

Anyway, my rating:
Basil: 73/100
WPM: doesn't say it/100
Has there been a format where we didn't have a broken engine + a broken attacker?

Has there been a format where we didn't have a broken engine + a broken attacker?
Not as far as I remember. But there were definitely times where what made a deck good (or even viable) was something more than raw speed. Looking back at my first deck which was Glaceon EX in early SM, even though it had engine elements (Aqua Patch & DCE), that wasn't the reason to build it.

Back