BW/BW2 Pokemon Black and White so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuteJoshy

Loving Pokemon since 1999
With Pokemon Black and White gracing our shelves in many formats i was wondering how the rest of you out there are getting along with the new Pokemon so far. As for myself i already own all 3 black and white theme decks for the TCG and have played with them all, for me the Green Tornado deck performed the best. When i used Green Tornado for the first time i was able to get out both Serperior's and together they kicked arse. I also own all 3 pre-release collectors tins and the Black and White pre-release 5 card pack from the tins.

Today i started the DS Black and White game, i chose Black because i think black owns white. In my first couple of hours i made my way to route 2 trying to find Scraggy and Audino with no joy, i started with Tepig because he is my favourite starter Pokemon from the choice of 3. I like how in this latest version they have allowed you to run in doors. Right now i think my Poke-dex is up to 5 but sadly i missed out on my chance to get Victini =(
Helping me out so far is a level 12 Lillipup along with my level 12 Tepig and right now i am still on route 2 trying to find a Scraggy and Audino.

So how is everyone else enjoying the new Black and White Pokemon and what has everyone else been doing with them ?

Since this is about the casual play of BW, it belongs in the Fifth Generation forum.

*Moved*

CuteJoshy said:
Today i started the DS Black and White game, i chose Black because i think black owns white. In my first couple of hours i made my way to route 2 trying to find Scraggy and Audino with no joy, i started with Tepig because he is my favourite starter Pokemon from the choice of 3. I like how in this latest version they have allowed you to run in doors. Right now i think my Poke-dex is up to 5 but sadly i missed out on my chance to get Victini =(
Helping me out so far is a level 12 Lillipup along with my level 12 Tepig and right now i am still on route 2 trying to find a Scraggy and Audino.

Scaggy only appear on route 4, 18 and the Resort Desert.

Audino only appears in shaking grass and its the only pokemon on route 2 that appears in shaking grass so it won't be that hard to find.

The Victini event was extended to the 27th of April on Wi-Fi so you can still get it.

CuteJoshy said:
So how is everyone else enjoying the new Black and White Pokemon and what has everyone else been doing with them ?

The games were great, at least until the story ended, I felt that B&W were lacking somewhat in the after story compared to other pokemon games.

Thanks for the info 'Trainer of Shadows' now i can get a Victini =)

Yeah i am using the official strategy book volume 1 and the guide isn't clear enough about what Pokemon you can find or capture on the routes like i am only at the beginning of the game and i have only ventured into routes 1 and 2 so far. In the book there are pictures of Pokemon but unlike older versions of the official guide this one is a little unclear, however i might be reading it wrong or something along those lines. Another thing which is unclear is in the book it shows you everything but even the stuff you cannot get until later now but it doesn't separate them very clearly. Mind you i am having fun and that's all that matters :)

I think in day 2 i will venture into the second city and pit my 2 pokemon so far against the gym leader ;)

Trainer of Shadows said:
Scaggy only appear on route 4, 8 and the Resort Desert.

Actually, he can catch Scraggy on Route 1 but only after getting Surf...
and it's not route 8, it's route 18

"Actually, he can catch Scraggy on Route 1 but only after getting Surf..."

So that is why the official guide book says i can get it, its not crystal clear what you need to get what Pokemon but fair enough the book tells you what Pokemon you can get with or without the moves like Surf.

CuteJoshy said:
"Actually, he can catch Scraggy on Route 1 but only after getting Surf..."

So that is why the official guide book says i can get it, its not crystal clear what you need to get what Pokemon but fair enough the book tells you what Pokemon you can get with or without the moves like Surf.

Actually, Scraggy can't be caught on route 1. You can however surf from route 1 through 17 to route 18, where Scaggy can be caught in the grass.

And I'd recomend using this: http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/ its alot more detailed and easier to understand than the official guidebook. Just click on the a route on the Unova map and it will show the wild pokemon, trainers, items, etc that appear on that route.

Metalizard said:
Trainer of Shadows said:
Scaggy only appear on route 4, 8 and the Resort Desert.

Actually, he can catch Scraggy on Route 1 but only after getting Surf...
and it's not route 8, it's route 18

It was a typo (which I've now rectified) all the info was correct.

Actually, Scraggy can't be caught on route 1. You can however surf from route 1 through 17 to route 18, where Scaggy can be caught in the grass.
Scraggy can be caught on Route 1 AND Route 18. It isn't as common as it is on Route 18, but it's there (I caught my Scraggy on Route 1). All those sporadic patches of grass are considered part of Route 1, and then you get to Route 17 with all the currents.

ok after reading the book over again (and actually be awake this time) it tells you that Surf is needed to capture Scraggy on route 17 now i understand how to use this book :D

It also says on route 1 i can find a Watchog in dark grass but it does not say how common they are i remember once wasting 30 minutes trying to get a Seedot and Ralts from older versions of the game lol

Watchog is relatively common in Route 1's dark grass - and, Surf is required to catch Scraggy on Route 1 or Route 18. There is no grass at all on Route 17 - it's all water.
Scraggy has about a 20% chance in the same dark grass you find Watchog at.

DNA said:
Scraggy can be caught on Route 1 AND Route 18. It isn't as common as it is on Route 18, but it's there (I caught my Scraggy on Route 1). All those sporadic patches of grass are considered part of Route 1, and then you get to Route 17 with all the currents.

Oops, my bad, turns out I was looking at the page for route 2. I can't believe I made that mistake, I even listed Route 1 in my op for this thread. :(

CuteJoshy said:
ok after reading the book over again (and actually be awake this time) it tells you that Surf is needed to capture Scraggy on route 17 now i understand how to use this book :D

It also says on route 1 i can find a Watchog in dark grass but it does not say how common they are i remember once wasting 30 minutes trying to get a Seedot and Ralts from older versions of the game lol

Route 18 after route 17 and Watchog has a 36% Rarity in double grass on route 1, but it shouldn't be that hard to find at least one in half an hour.

CuteJoshy Wrote:

I personally believe that Black and White was amazing.Graphically it is superior to its predecessor in nearly every way (If that weren't evident enough),although the sprites themselves were a bit blocky and just didn't look smooth when up close.

I'm officially in love with Archeops,completely overshadows Aerodactyl.
No doubt my Ace during the entire main story.

I also personally believed Team Plasma to be more....mmm....intertwined with the story.All in all,everything was superb.

Besides the new exp system at least...ugh...

Opinions of the game so far and what people are doing in the game can be put in the Official thread: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=93645

*Locked*

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back