Pokemon Card Value Book?

Bubba235

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! :)
Hi! I am just trying to find a great value book for pokemon cards. I am a collector, and I don't actually play the game. I am just looking for a good pricing range for my collection. Thanks!

There are no value books, unfortunatly.

If you are looking for the values of individual cards, Ebay could be a good place too look.

bubba235 said:
Hmm...then how do people sell their cards for the right prices?

There is no really 'right price' for anything so to speak. A card is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Pokegym have a price guide which is pretty good, but it is mostly a close estimate at everything. That can be found here;

http://pokegym.net/forums/view.php?pg=pricelist

I price book wouldn't really work. It would become outdated every few months.

The price book that was published is only for the really old sets. I have seen some cards go for a lot less than the guide prices. But some people are dumb enough to pay way too much for a card too.

Okay...well there is one card I would like to ask you fans out there to price for me. It is a almost mint condition Charizard from the first packs that had no symbol on the card to tell which pack. Let me find a picture...hold on...I will just have to edit this post...

EDIT:
004.jpg

Mewstor said:
Does it have the first edition stamp on the left side like in the picture?
I don't think so...I can't find my card book at this time, but otherwise I would check for you...sorry...:(

bubba235 said:
Okay...well there is one card I would like to ask you fans out there to price for me. It is a almost mint condition Charizard from the first packs that had no symbol on the card to tell which pack. Let me find a picture...hold on...I will just have to edit this post...

EDIT:
004.jpg
Go to this link for one for $45.00 http://www.pokeorder.com/charizard.html. It's expensive, but it was one of the best cards of it's time.

I was at toysrus the other days looking for sw cards(they were out) and there was a beckets unofficial priceguide, Up to MT I think. And for the card, I'm pretty sure its $100, right?

Hmm...that is what I thought. If it is I might just sell it soon...hmm...

I used to have a value book which has all the recommended trade value for the cards from Base set to Fossil. It also includes illustration of Japanese Pokemon TCG cards and its recommended trade values. Too bad I left the book behind when I migrated :(

By the way, I just noticed there are so many 'Heroes' fans out here, I'm a hero fan too. Hiro is so cool lol.

If the base set Charizard is not first edition, it's something like 40 dollars max :/ (15-25 most likely). And only if you find the right buyer and the card is in mint condition.

Hmm...well maybe it would be about 10 dollars then. All well...huhuhuuhuh...-_-

Appreciate all this info. I'm slowly sorting through my collection and putting what I want in notebooks. I'll have to check this stuff out since I'm long out of the value guides for Pokes. I got into Yugioh and have focused more there for value.

Since this is a value/trade kind of discussion, I will pose one question to continue this. I know the game has been limited to only certain sets due to high number of sets now. Is there any interest left in the older sets by anyone here? Alot of my stuff is from base forward. I thought about maybe putting some of it up here for trade once sorted but don't know if it would be worth it.

Edit: The PokeGym link requires an account be made. *mutters*

Back