Pokemon Center’s “Pikachu with Felt Hat Promo” a Different Variant than Museum’s?

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Pokemon Center has listed the “Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat” promo card on their website ahead of the promotion’s launch. The promotion isn’t live yet.
The Pokemon Center’s page says the promo card is a “foil” card. However, the one given out at the Van Gogh Museum yesterday was non-foil. If this wording isn’t in error, this would mean there are two variants of the card.
At this time it remains unclear if the Pokemon Center website simply made a mistake. We’ll have to watch to see if they change the wording at some point today.
Update: The promo listing has been deleted from the website.
Update #2 (Friday): They have deleted the word “foil” from the Pikachu promo page, which means it will be identical to the one at the museum!

Van-Gogh-Museum-Pikachu-Felt-Hat-Promo-218x300.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Good to know it was given out for ''free'' if you attended, and also good to know you will get it from purchases, however I have seen people selling the card for a whopping $500 already. I am just crossing fingers that these are the super early FOMO cards, if not I think I need to revaluate my position as a collector and step down, because the modern prices of cards are not livable in todays economy anymore.

It's just people on eBay etc trying to capitalize on buyers who just found out about the promo and/or don't look into release details to know these are not difficult or expensive to get. Once more of these are in the wild, nature will correct itself.

Still wish the Sunflora was a real promo card though.

Good to know it was given out for ''free'' if you attended, and also good to know you will get it from purchases, however I have seen people selling the card for a whopping $500 already. I am just crossing fingers that these are the super early FOMO cards, if not I think I need to revaluate my position as a collector and step down, because the modern prices of cards are not livable in todays economy anymore.
It's gonna drop to like $30 max.

Back