Pokemon Center (HB 51/52)

That's true, reducing yanmega to essentially a 20 damage snipe is really bad for Yanmega.. It makes it even less of a Donphan counter than it was before. With the release of catcher straight damage will usually be better than snipe anyway, but this can be a handy 1 card tech that makes snipe decks not so good (well, aside from Blastoise or SEL since they do 100 damage, which actually OHKOs a lot of stuff).

I still feel like people aren't going to bother to run this card. And if people don't run it, it doesn't hurt Yanmega.

Scizorliscious said:
I still feel like people aren't going to bother to run this card. And if people don't run it, it doesn't hurt Yanmega.

It doesn't make Yanmega worse, because with Catcher people won't use Linear Attack as much, because you basically can snipe a Sonicboom.

Right, but if something has >70HP or against Trainer-lock, that won't matter much. Things with >70 HP can just retreat/Switch out of it usually, and Trainer lock prevents Catcher in the first place. Plus, you waste a Catcher on not getting the KO.

It would've been amazing with Serperior (Ability), heal 20 almost every turn. Nope you only get to heal 20 to one benched Pokemon not all Pokemon inbetween turns. I guess Nintendo really loves Donphan.

Tropical Beach > Pokemon Center = Win?

Back