Pokemon Center Rectifying Some Orders with Missing Pikachu Promos

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Pokemon Center appears to be sending out separate shipments of the “Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat” promo to customers whose orders listed it, but did not receive it.
Earlier this week, numerous fans on social media reported that their Pokemon Center shipments were missing the promo. This was even when their order confirmation showed the promo would be included in their shipment.
At first the Pokemon Center’s stance was to backpedal on including the card:
“Unfortunately, we have determined that the Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat promotional card was sold out by the time your order was placed due to overwhelming demand for the card. Note that adding an item to your cart, including promotional items, does not reserve stock and qualifying purchases also do not guarantee a promotional card.”
It...

Continue reading...

I'm lucky that I got mine with the order I had placed, but still wasn't best pleased that I had to fall back on Obsidian Flames where 151 stuff was all sold out (Already got all 'zards barring the art rare one, at this point it'd be cheaper to buy it outright than splash out on more OF packs), and the offer wasn't good on preorders (cause I would have ordered some Paradox Rift stuff to go with the already-ordered ETB otherwise)

That said, they really could have planned this entire promotion better, I hate that there's no second wave of the actual merch

il_570xN.3008424179_qogq.jpg

I've seen people getting their order with a bent promo card as well. What is this company doing!?

Omg literally everyone who ordered the Pikachu card and didn't get it

Attachments

• rr.gif
    rr.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 6
I'm lucky that I got mine with the order I had placed, but still wasn't best pleased that I had to fall back on Obsidian Flames where 151 stuff was all sold out (Already got all 'zards barring the art rare one, at this point it'd be cheaper to buy it outright than splash out on more OF packs), and the offer wasn't good on preorders (cause I would have ordered some Paradox Rift stuff to go with the already-ordered ETB otherwise)

That said, they really could have planned this entire promotion better, I hate that there's no second wave of the actual merch
TCG people are the most entitled people on earth. Even when you get what you want, it's not ENOUGH of what you want.

TCG people are the most entitled people on earth. Even when you get what you want, it's not ENOUGH of what you want.
When you look at this entire promo situation as a whole, you can understand peoples frustrations. The reality is, they should have been aware of scalpers and had things in place before starting this event. Limiting to a single item per order or entry possibly? Maybe make it so the promo card was 1 per entry from going to the museum rather than 1 per product, that way people who wanted the products had a chance without brawling? Even their backup plan failed hard. Again, they could have printed this promo with excess levels and it would not have set them back much financially. Cards literally costs cents to make once they exceed a certain quantity. The reality is, either they underestimated this whole thing, or knew about it and used it to their advantage. Either way, it's a big screw up and people are justifiably pissed at the lengths they had to go to get their hands on a card.

Back