Ruling Pokemon ex restrictions

Aspiring Trainer
Can you have a number of {variable Pokemon} ex combined with {variable Pokemon} exceeding 4 in the same deck?

e.g. :
x4 Medicham
x1 Medicham ex

I haven't played Pokemon in a long time.

Well, anything which has an owner in its name i.e. Team Magma's, Dark, Light, Team Rocket's, Blaine's, etc. are abel to use 4 copies. δ and Level uppers are not in the catagory.

As long as you don't go over that amount of Pokemon with the same name you should be Ok but I am not sure about the combination of EX's of the same Pokemon I can see 2 EX's and 2 regular cards to add up to the 4 with the same name but not 4 of each. They should change this in the future to avoid cheating in the TCG.:)

Cheating? you can have up to 9 of any cards in the current format. 4 regular/delta/Lv. X versions of the card, 4 ex versions of the card and 1 *(star) version of the card. However, you can only have 4 total of a pokemon, its delta form, and its level X form. Plus, for non-modified play, you can also have 4 of the card if it has an owner in its name (eg Team Aqua's Cacnea).

I'm pretty sure you can have at least 15 pikachus in your deck. Normal, *, surge's, birthday, flying, surfing...and I believe theres an imikuni's. So 25. Now that would be fun. :)

You could do it that way but it is poitless because half has to be a certain type and the other half has to be a diffrent other than the other type. The best way to get started with a deck is to buy a preconstructed deck and you can find ways of how you make a deck online. When Base,Jungle and Fossil sets came out I got the guide that had the 3 sets and how to construct a deck but I don't have it right now.:)

Back