Pokemon Ice Version

RE: Pokemon Ice Version *Pokemon Battle on Post 1510*

IDEA Why don't you make it like a DS Homebrew so you can download it on to and emulator or r4 card m3 card etc

@MotorRotom: Those Pokemon seem pretty interesting, but I can't be for sure until they are colored in and are cleaned up a bit. I think that those Pokemon will be good for the game whenever they are totally finished up.

@Ludicolo909: Thanks for the names. I will need to make some changes with the names since they haven't been updated yet for a while now.

@Night Pokemon Master: I am planning to make it for the PC at the moment. But your idea is pretty interesting and will think about it.

____
Been working on the programming lately and have learned some new things. I have edited a bit of the title screen and will probably make some more changes to the scripting of the title screen. I am going to work on the title screen that says 'Pokemon Ice Version' with the ice legendary included on the front since we have the sprite version of it. I still have to update the front post still and start working on updating the names as well since we have gotten some good ones.

I have returned! :D Hello all. I really look forward to this game :p Are all of us going to get a version to test? If so, how would you work the mailing system? I sure want a beta version to test out :) I am sorry for not being here most of the time Ice Arceus.

Nice to see you back Dustin. Also to answer your other questions, I have already play-tested the game already and so far it is great with some minor problems. I still need to make a battle system which is going to be super important for the game. But I still need to find a programmer to help me out with making that.

IceArceus: Thanks! Marrowa/Marrowface are bones, so they are white and could use some shading and cleaning up. The Metrys could be solid colors, and the Ceramics will likely be brown and i'll probably add patterns on them. I'll keep thinking and drawing!

I found a good artist that started a game called Dark Iron version on January 29. I left a note saying their drawings were good and asked if they might want to join Ice Version if they talked to you. Is that OK?

EDIT: Have you updated the staff list recently? Are we on it? (IcyChezburger & MotorRotom)

Just a quick note regarding your animation:
That is nice and all, but there is no way that you will ever be able to make every frame of every attack possibility and every word. That would take FOREVER. Plus it is in PAINT! What you need to do is program the game mechanics to battle properly.

Also, do you mind if I use the userbars for Ice Version? I am going to use the ice version ones but i wont use the ice staff ones yet. :)

Yes you are right about the animation safariblade. But making the animation is a great help to me since I will get a better understanding of how to make the whole battle system work.

@MotorRotom: Go ahead and use the userbars if you would like. I still need to update the front list of the jobs as well.

RE: Pokemon Ice Version

Ok. Thanks!

EDIT: With the start town there is a file that can make images transparent. GIMP 2 is the name, and it has a small dog/wolf desktop icon with a palette. It will take care of the white spots.

The white areas on the map were created by the program since I wasn't using the layers option to the best of my abilities. Now that I actually do use the layers, the white areas are now gone and also the town looks better. Since I got new tiles for the houses the map looks much better.

Also slightly off topic: About 3 minutes ago i was looking at your profile and it said: Viewing profile of MotorRotom. How funny!

Sorry, but how do you get userbars in a sig? I used html for the team rogue one but i didnt see html for these?

:3

To get the userbars onto your sig you will have to copy the url of the image and then put in the beginning and the end of the url.

Something like this: [img]IMAGE URL

Okay, but where is the url for the userbars? I didn't see them.

DRAFT one of Cer added.

EDIT: The background doesn't have to be green, that just seemed like an appropriate background in a battle scene.

Attachments

• Cer Draft 1.png
    Cer Draft 1.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 11

To get the userbar url you have to right click on the image and then it will say copy image url.

____
I am just wondering is anybody familiar with programming with RUBY?

I have tried Game Maker 8, but to me it is too complicated and not many games have been made with that unlike RPG Maker XP. I just need to find someone who is knows RUBY well enough to help us out with the game.

I went to iCamp which has a nice tutorial (but was expensive) and learned how to do GM8. Also, did you look at my next draft of Cer?

Yes I did.... Though more details need to be added still and also it also should be in the proper size. Shaymin6.6 is our main spritist right now and hopefully he should be able to fix it a bit.

Okay....

____
I am still trying to learn how to work with RUBY still.... There is this great program that covers how to work with RUBY and am using it to learn the basic things with RUBY. Hopefully I should be able to understand the basics of RUBY so I can program.

Back