Pokemon League via Skype

Would you like an unoffcial league via Skype and would you use it?

• Yes, I like the idea and would partcipate

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Great idea but won't use it

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No, not a good idea at all

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

novadragon07

Lost in my own mind, please send help...
I was sitting at the table playing two decks against each other by self yet again. I was testing my decks to find problems. The critical problem with this is that I know exactly whats in both decks, I know what its in both hands, and it is incredible boring and long average game takes an hour.

So this all got me thinking about how I could find willing players to play (since I have two little brothers who are useless and a father who wants to relax after work). Then I rembered a thread someone had started here about playing via Skype. So I thought about maybe starting an online league using Skype.

So the discussion is on whether any other Pokebeachers would go for this idea? Please vote in the poll above and leave feedback below.

Here is where the league is just post your skype info to get started.

Both players would have thier cams on their cards showing the game state on thier side and then they would take turns as in a normal game.

What's wrong with Redshark?

That being said, I've actually played against a friend of mine over an iChat video conference quite a few times before, it's very much possible. Turning it into a league seems harder, though, and Redshark seems better for this.

I can't get redshark to work well and I would much rather play with the actual cards.

As far as cheating goes, why would you bother cheating? If you are trying to test a deck and you have to cheat to win that should tell you the deck sucks. Any way I would be a bit more organized than that. My hope is that the League would be started in a new thread and that Cheaters would be reported and would be on the front page so that you can choose to not play against them.

Cheating would be a problem, though I agree it wouldn't be THAT bad if u didn't have prizes for winners.
The main problem I see is that not everyone has a cam tho

This is an EXCELLENT idea.

Skype Battle > Redshark because I agree I'd rather play with real cards.

Count me in. Post a thread or something if you get something set up.

I don't mean to bump this, but this is really interesting, and I might like to join. I have a question though: do you allow proxies? Because I don't technically "have" about a third of my deck... they're part World Championship, part print-outs. I'm pathetic, I know :p

I could possibly get into this also. The proxies would help alot, since I'm missing a Luxray GL Lv.X :) I would have never thought of this. Also, are we going to show full body with cam, just our cards, playing field, etc?

Some parents might not like the idea of their younger children talking with strangers via camera over the internet...

Reminds me of when I used to play TCGs over the phone or IM with friends :p Just have to trust them not to cheat lol

Play over Skype sounds like it would work fine.

If you want to play against somebody, post in the league thread. Yes, you can use proxys. Its not our problem if parents don't allow their kids to play a children's card game over a webcam.

Back