Pokemon movie 13 hated?

Hmm, I'm a bit surprised, people hoping that this movie would be closer on the lines of the 1st. I didn't realize others thought so highly of it (at least, the non-dubbed version).
The original Japanese take of the 1st movie (sticking Birth of Mewtwo with it) takes the cake for me... In English, it's not as good, as it really has no motivation about it, but in Japanese it's truly a moral, emotional, and psychological dilemma... a very deep film that questions many things, and takes a peek inside the mind of something of a taboo subject. (That, with added bonus of two of the most powerful Pokémon duking it out, and Ash almost biting the dust will forever be seared into my memories.)

But, like it's been said, none of the other Pokémon movies, aside from the first handful, have really had any driving motivation to them... I feel like I'm playing SSBB, where everything that's been added isn't for my enjoyment, but rather to market products once you've left your seat... It leaves something of a void, like I've been duped subliminally by the producers, who are only interested in keeping the fandom alive with their "new" or "exclusive" content. It's bogus.

I guess I wouldn't blame Water Pokémon Master if that were the case; the movies HAVE been on a steady decline. But I guess we'll find out for ourselves. The whole Future Sight thing sounds pretty deep, and Zoroark looks like a really cool Pokémon... but otherwise, from the trailers we've seen, I have a feeling they prematurely spoiled the entire movie for us already.

To me it looks awesome and i think that it will be aweosme.All peole have thier taste i cant make you llike waht i do

Rocha said:
Warning: the following contains opinions from a somewhat bored nerd, feel free to ignore.

1st - Meh.
2nd - Awesome.
3rd - Good.
4th - Good.
5th - Good.
6th - Butler & Diane made it enjoyable.
7th - Awesome.
8th - Not bad but I hate the lucario pandering.
9th - Borefest and May is an awful lead.
10th - Awesome.
11th - Would be great if it didn't have shaymin.
12th - Good but the pussyfication of arceus makes it a bit disappointing.

The new one looks less character-driven and it feels like they ran out of ideas and decided to put all of Johto's legendaries plus a new mon to do some advertising. Not expecting much.

I gotta agree on Manaphy and The Temple Of The Sea movie though. You know what would be great? More Kyogre action in it.

Personally, I think this will be a little like the Darkrai movie. The environment looks similar, and Celebi has had terrible roles in Pokemon movies every since 4Ever.

i really did enjoy the 10th movie! i cried almost.
the movie with shaymin was the worst movie ever(for me it is).

but i really want to see the 13th movie! i begin to like the movie because of zoroark and the trio. when does wpm will post the movie summary? i really want to read that!

Shiny Beasts!? I thought these guys were supposed to be legendary! You just can't have Entei, Raikou and Suicune go original after they were in previous Pokemon movies! (Except for Raikou...he aired on Cartoon Network in Pokemon Chronicles.) So now there are two? I'm confused on that aspect. I really hope we get to see more Gen 5 Pokemon in the movie though. Who knows. I hated the Arceus one, so I dunno if it can get worse than that...

I like the first one, Pokemon 2000, and The return of Mewtwo. Ever since then, well every movie just gets more and more Kidish.

EspeonROX said:
Shiny Beasts!? I thought these guys were supposed to be legendary! You just can't have Entei, Raikou and Suicune go original after they were in previous Pokemon movies! (Except for Raikou...he aired on Cartoon Network in Pokemon Chronicles.) So now there are two? I'm confused on that aspect. I really hope we get to see more Gen 5 Pokemon in the movie though. Who knows. I hated the Arceus one, so I dunno if it can get worse than that...

Trust me nothing can get worse than the arceus movie i have high hopes for the 13th move despite what WPM says.

Yes. I think I've watched all the Japanese ones and the Japanese versions of all the movies now, and special episodes. XD

im goona die if i dont see teh moview it looks sooooooooooooooooooo sssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooo good OMG hey where can you see the moviue 14 trailer

If they want to make a good Pokémon movie they should ditch the anime characters and make a live action movie with a good plot and not the same formula each time.

zekrom52 said:
i don't think the live action thing would be a good idea

Offtopic: *Wrong Thread

I think WPM might get used to it i personally think he is wrong but that is just my opinion i would love to see it.

With WPM's opinion, i will probably wait to see it until it comes out on TV, but I won't go searching for it.

Back