BW/BW2 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
The new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game is probally the shortest yet. I love the Mystery Dungeon series, but I think that the designers were working on the graphics more than they were the actually story line for this one.
However, the option to find new dungeons is very entertaining. Especially when you order your Pokemon to enter your lunch. :p

I dunno, I think the main storyline was about as long as the first in the series. Maybe a little shorter than T/D. The post-game leaves something to be desired, though. Barely any recruitable legendaries? Ugh >:/ And I could have forgiven it for only including only a few pre-gen 5 Pokemon, but it doesn't even have everything from gen 5! It's a shame too, because there are so many gameplay improvements (the new exp system, slightly more intelligent partners, not making you stop every ten seconds for weather damage, etc.)
The graphics certainly ARE nice though; they put the overworld footage we've seen of X/Y to shame.
I tried to make a dungeon with a piece of pepperoni but it just wouldn't pick it up. :I

I finished the game, and I'll say. It was good all around.

Munna turned out to be bad instead of good. Hydreigon was really the good one. You have to go to the Great Glacier to take on the Bittercold. You must fight Kyurem first. Once the Bittercold is defeated, the world is saved. As you know, when the world is saved, you have to return to the human world. The hero doesn't come back immediately in this game. You actually have to play as your partner for a little bit. Once the hero comes back, you're allowed to evolve already. So yeah, the storyline felt short, but I still reccomend people buy it.

PMD:GtI... Had a bit to think about this. I personally got it done in one day while I got the others done in two or more, thus the storyline did seem shorter to me. However, quality vs. quantity comes to play as usual. Though shorter and definitely more limited (no personality quiz??? WTF), the storyline definitely gave us some surprise twists. Do I think it could have been longer with much more to do in the post-game with more Pokemon? Absolutely. Was the story too short? Absolutely.

Munna, was like the Dusknoir of this game. And Hydreigon was Grovyle.

Thanks Chariblaze for keeping the un-spoiled people, un-spoiled. :p

Can anyone give me advice on whether to get this game or not? I'm currently undecided and have heard people talking about it being not-very-good and others saying it was a good addition to the PMD series.

*also, am a fan of other pmd games*

The game's graphics are good. The Magnagate idea is also very innovative. However, the story is rather short, the personality test has been removed, you only encounter about 160 Pokemon (and you can't befriend some of them) and hunger has been removed from the majority of the dungeons. My personal recommendation: don't get it. Then again, it's up to your own taste.

P.DelSlayer said:
Can anyone give me advice on whether to get this game or not? I'm currently undecided and have heard people talking about it being not-very-good and others saying it was a good addition to the PMD series.

I think that if you really liked the other PMD games, then you won't regret getting this one. If you only thought the others were OK, then you may enjoy it, but may not think that it was really worth getting.

I really like the graphics in this game, but I felt it was way to easy and to short. I literally beat Kyurem in 2 shots with my Pikachu. I mean cant they make it a little bit more challenging. I also didnt like how I couldnt choose Totodile, and Charmander as my starters like I usually do.

P.DelSlayer said:

I wouldn't recommend it, as it's way easier, the dungeons suck and you;ll end up fighting the same Pokémon in every Dungeon.

Blob55 said:
P.DelSlayer said:

I wouldn't recommend it, as it's way easier, the dungeons suck and you;ll end up fighting the same Pokémon in every Dungeon.

Played the demo, my exact thoughts.

hm i never played the game (i never will possibly) but it sounds interesting. :3

It's a shame how there were even hardly a handful of any pre-Gen V Pokemon in the mix. Up until now pretty much every Gen had equal representation. Mystery Dungeon is just another Gen V title that totally dismisses anything before Black/White. Don't get me wrong, I love the Gen V Pokémon and all. They're a great bunch. But it seems as if they're overtaking older Pokémon in terms of representation. Maybe a few more older Pokemon would've been nice. I'm not saying every Pokemon. Just maybe a little more? The only Kanto Pokemon that were there were the Pikachu line and Eevee line. Like seriously?

Back