Pokemon Reduces Van Gogh Distribution for Hobby Stores, Expands to Large Chain Stores: At Least 100K Copies Expected!

Smyths are one of the worst out there for their dodgy staff scalping products... so im pretty shocked they are getting them

Eh... I believe in a price drop when I see it, big box stores can still have the same problem that scummy LGSes can have depending on the employees (You remember when the video games used to have local wireless distribution events at stores like Toys R Us and GameStop? Those were basically retired due to some employees keeping Gen IV and V's distribution carts rather than sending them back to Nintendo) and the individual restockers employed by the distributor.

Winners: Everyone else

Losers: Scalpers
Actually I believe Scalpers are happy with this. Most Scalpers flip immediately so their stock has been gone for months. This distribution means more opportunity to get more stock to flip. As long as they can make a little profit they are happy. This "Limited" run, while decreasing the market, will likely be scalped as long as the promo sells for about 30 Euros or more they are going to gobble them up.

The biggest group hit is the "investors" especially those trying to get large positions to better "control" the market. Any buy out groups that have been trying to horde these pikas are going to be hurting if they bought high.

The best way for PCi to counter Scalpers is to do a Massive print run that is avaliable everywhere... for a long time and commit to every qualified order getting one.

Will it be possible to purchase them online from these stores? So that those who are not Dutch can receive it?

Will it be possible to purchase them online from these stores? So that those who are not Dutch can receive it?
You can only get it in person in the stores. In GameMania it will be linked to your customercard that every Gamemania store has access to.

You can only get it in person in the stores. In GameMania it will be linked to your customercard that every Gamemania store has access to.
So, does that mean you have to have a customer card in order to buy it from gamemania? If yes, will no-dutch people still be able to buy it then?

So, does that mean you have to have a customer card in order to buy it from gamemania? If yes, will no-dutch people still be able to buy it then?
You can't buy the card - but you receive it when buying €30 Pokémon Trading Card products.
When you are in the store you can create a customer card at no cost when you make your purchase. They only need an e-mail address and your name.

Technically, if they are going to print a whole new run of the cards wouldn't the originals still hold some value? There will probably be some variations that distinct the two runs? ?

Technically, if they are going to print a whole new run of the cards wouldn't the originals still hold some value? There will probably be some variations that distinct the two runs? ?
AFAIK there are no distinctions between the versions of the promo obtained via the original museum giveaway and the Pokémon Center giveaway so I doubt that there will be any for this run either.

I was at Gamemania today. in the Netherlands. Luckily I was able to score 2 cards together with my girlfriend. the store's salesperson said they had to purchase at least 10,000 euros to get 100 promos. He also said that a lot of profit is made on Pokemon cards.

Back