Pokemon VGC Rules

..--XXPokemonXX--..

Aspiring Trainer
I have been playing pokemon for 5 years now and being in Canada we are now having our first vgc tournament . Can anyone please tell me any rules regarding the ds console modification. In particular, is there any rule that limits the player to not modify their console to use in VGC tournaments. In such case i only mean the console not the game cartridge.Also do people in the tournaments hate you if you are very flashy about your ds (eg. led lights in it, see through ds shell, colorfull buttons, screen replaced, headphones etc )

Thank you
Forum

As far as I know, there isn't any rule against modifying the DS system itself, but I'm not sure why one would even want to do that, other than to put a new housing case on it or something. The crux of what is and isn't allowed mostly rests in the Battle Box used in the tournament; as long as that is acceptable and conforms to tournament standards, you should be fine.

And do people hate on others for having flashy DS systems? Not really, as far as I've seen. There aren't very many particularly "flashy" DSs around and the ones that are look pretty cool.

If you modify your console you have voided Nintendo's warranty. I am just going to point that out.

King Arceus said:
If you modify your console you have voided Nintendo's warranty. I am just going to point that out.

Well yes, my Ds lite is 4 years old! XD

DNA said:
As far as I know, there isn't any rule against modifying the DS system itself, but I'm not sure why one would even want to do that, other than to put a new housing case on it or something. The crux of what is and isn't allowed mostly rests in the Battle Box used in the tournament; as long as that is acceptable and conforms to tournament standards, you should be fine.

And do people hate on others for having flashy DS systems? Not really, as far as I've seen. There aren't very many particularly "flashy" DSs around and the ones that are look pretty cool.

Oh, well thank you, because i have alot of money for moding my ds now WOOT! X)

Back