BW/BW2 Pokemon's origins?

ShinjiSan

Dragon Pokemon Master
what do you think the all the pokemon are based off of?

there's a rumour that 1000 pokemon designs were already made even before the first pokemon games were released back in the 1990's

tamagetake evolution line is based off of pokeballs
tsutarja evolution line are based on snakes/lizards.
the elemental monkeys probably drew inspiration from the three wise monkeys
wargle was based off the bald eagle and its counterpart was based off a vulture.

dunno if a thread like this has already been made, so lock it if it has been made.

I know them all!
Example Time!
Tsunbear's prevolution is based off a polar bear cub (duh) and getting a cold.
Also, tsujarau isnt completely a snake. Its also a type of lizard that has leafy legs that it can lose (becoming a snake)
Sazandra is a hydra but i think i know why its dark. Hydras are supposed to be like problems. They seem scary but if you try to run away from it, the problem just gets worse.
3 musketeer trio is just that. And they are not dogs but horse like pokemon. Name sakes come from their color and element: cobalt, viridian, and terracotta.
My question is what pokemon do people not understand? And also does indenting my posts make it easier to read?

what do you think the all the pokemon are based off of?

Most are based on animals or other objects. Some have certain cultural influences in their designs, like Ho-oh did in Gen II.

wargle was based off the american bird

It's called an eagle.

Wargle doesn't really look american to me (if it were about the colours, I could just as easily say it looks French).

Its mostly native american. Not going by the colors, it has a headress and this, and eagles are important to native american cultures.
I like that the alien is from area 51.
And some pokemon are just japanese, and we dont even know what they are when they came out, like bronzong, manaphy, jirachi, munna, and darumakka.
Can we all agree that the evolution of the trashcan is hideous? Its supposed to be. Some pokemon are suppose to be really ugly like it.
*i feel so smart*

We can't agree that it's 'hideous', as that is subjective and not factual. I don't think it looks ugly per se, just not very graceful looking. You might say that it looks dumpy (hur hur pun.)

Anyway, Urgamoth seems to be based off the concept of Moths being attracted to light, or more specifically, fire. I love love love Archeos' inspiration - the Archaeopteryx, the first bird and part of the evolution of a particular type of dinosaur to bird. I remember seeing it and thinking "That would make a good pokemon."

Oh and there's Shinpora, based off Native American Nazca lines.

@frostwind
Also, tsujarau isnt completely a snake. Its also a type of lizard that has leafy legs that it can lose (becoming a snake)

I'm going to have to correct you there, Lizards that can lose their legs become legless lizards not snakes.

And my contribution to the thread:

Tsurtaja family - snakes with western high society influence
Pokabu family - pigs with a chinese demon influence
Mijumaru family -otter that becomes an otter sealion hybrid with a japanese influence
Minezumi family - something along the lines of meerkats
Yooterii family - Yorkshire Terrier
Choreneko family - cat that turns into a leopard
Yannapu, Boappu and Hiyappu families - the 3 wise monkeys
Munna and Musharna - not quite sure something about a tea service?
Mamepato family - pigeon that evolves into what looks more like a grey pheasant
Shimama family - zebras

And that's all for now

Oh thats what i meant.
Im more interested in typing. Example:
Chroneko is dark because its unlucky/mean like black cats.
Munna is based on this japanese thing (ill find the real name) That?help people get to sleep by releasing smoke. They have patterns like it
Gorog, which people fail to understand, is based on an ancient civilizations titan/golem (as in atlantis, greek, aztec, etc)

frostwind said:
Can we all agree that the evolution of the trashcan is hideous? Its supposed to be.

Sure we can... if we all coincidentally happened to be the same in terms of tastes, opinions, and personal preference, which would cause all of us to like and dislike exactly the same thing.

That's not how things work.

I meant that its suppose to be ugly, just like milotic is supposed to be beautiful and the icecream cone gimmiky. I for one love the abomination but thats just me.
I for one, know what your trying to say.
Come on, you guys are smart enough to know what i mean. You cant be half as crazy as me.
Anyways, i love archeos to. The inspiration is so cool. I also like its counterpat abagoora. I know another turtle but hear me out. An ancient turtle that managed to remain nearly unchanged for millions of years is pretty cool.

Rigray and Oobemu are based in part off of the Roswell Crash aliens and other aliens from movies and folklore. Like how their hands are based on the Tripods from War of the Worlds and their color is based on the "Grays/Greys" of alien urban legends.

Back