Do you:

• Play with fun decks

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Play with competitive decks

Votes: 38 71.7%

• Total voters

GHJamesGH

Retired Mod
I'm curious why you play: for fun or to win in big competitive tournaments. Do you play with rouge/fun decks or metagame/over-used decks? I personally play to win with metagame decks.

I just kind of play around. If there is a monetary reward or it is a major tournament I play to win and become the ultimate Stop Having Fun Guy. If it's a match just for lulz I do whatever, usually decks with my favorites.

(why does lulz censor to lols)

What? Does it have to be so black and white with the answers? I OBJECT!

I do both. While I play mainly for fun, I do like winning matches and playing some very typical staples in my decks. Soooo both. It's not fair just to say one or the other.

I play to win, but I play to see my friends too which is fun. :]

(There should really be a "Both" option on the poll or something like it)

I hate yes or no answers.

While I may not always use the most competitive decks, I always play to win.

Play to win, or go home. Its that simple.

I cant even describe how much I hate it when someone is playing for the fun of it and beats you, then acts like it didnt matter either way.

I play with decks designed to win at a competitive level, but I run decks that aren't just copy and paste a blazeray. My friend suggested I run a flychamp for states about a week ago a I'm still mad at him :p. So i vote I play for fun but really for both.

I play for fun competitively...I play mainly for fun, but I'm a competitive person, so I play competitively...however, I have a functioning brain, so I play to win with my own deck ideas

I play to win all the time so I have the most practice when it actually matters in high caliber tournaments.

dmaster out.

I play to win, but I play to see my friends too which is fun. Even at BR's I'm all out(I got 40 points from BR's!)

I definently agree that you can play at tournaments with metagame decks and have fun(which I do), but I don't run into tournaments with skittles and uxie donk.

I play casually/for fun almost 95% of the time, but the second the clock hits 12:00 A.M. and a tourney is that day, all the fun goes OUT the window, and in comes the gotta win gotta win gotta win gotta win nature. So yeah.

There are many people I know who play just for the enjoyment of playing. I always overthink everything, so I always think that if I don't win scholarships, free trips, other stuff; it was a waste. I never really play anything just for fun, since I know winning always has many added benefits.

I play competitively and for fun. I like to play rogue decks at premier events not meta-game decks, but I play super competitively.

I play for winning, which gives me fun.
I don't think losing all games in a tournament is fun, so i play for fun, by playing for winning.
I don't mind playing metagame decks, but I don't like playing decks I already played.

PS1: There is no both option in the poll because almost everyone would vote that.

PS2: l ulz is censored to lols because l ul means male genitals in some languages.

I'm out

The game itself is incredibly fun, but I play to win. Losing sucks, so winning is by far the better option. I enjoy playing good games; but I also enjoy winning those good games. :p

Back