Poll: Play to win or for fun?

Do you:

• Play with fun decks

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Play with competitive decks

Votes: 38 71.7%

• Total voters
I play for fun, what point would there be to play otherwise? Winning is nice, but its better to just have fun.

I don't always play metagame decks (MightyTank in States last year) but I usually make sure a fun deck doesn't fail before bringing it to a tournament (like my Kaputops deck did). I don't see how it is fun if you lose every game you play. I play to win, but I still have loads of fun meeting new people and talking with friends.

I play fun decks that happen to be marginally competitive. For me, those tend to be stupidly over-complicated decks, like Speed Magnezone or Floatzel GL Energy Cyclone. I get creamed every now and then, but it's not like I go to high-level tournaments anyway (they're all so far away... ( ._.)).

GHJamesGH said:
I'm curious why you play: for fun or to win in big competitive tournaments. Do you play with rouge/fun decks or metagame/over-used decks? I personally play to win with metagame decks.

I play competitive! I once played a person at a Cities and when she won the round before me she laughed and said it was only for fun, and sounded like she asked a question with every sentence! Then she played me and threw her cards...

Both. I like to play for fun even more though. The thing is, I hate long games. Though, I get to see my friends from places that are far.

i play to win... and i do win.. but i always play rogue decks as well. so i can't really answer your question xD

DarthPika said:
I play to win, because winning is fun! :D

Normally, I would agree, but in a game that is mostly decided before the match even starts (or luck of the draw), it gets frustrating very fast if you feel like you have to win to have fun.

I play cool, weird decks; fun decks. I like being creative with my decks, but a little competitivity with them too. I really like building new decks which people don't often use because they challenge me into putting what cards I want to ;)

I play to win because that is the main part of the fun, although I also like to see my friends 'cause I moved away and most of my new friends don't play Pokemon.

Back