• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Powerful Storm Huntail Stall (Huntail / Gorebyss / Seismitoad EX)

Vari

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 15-
    4 Clampearl
    3 Huntail
    2 Gorebyss
    3 Seismitoad
    2 Keldo EX
    1 Mew EX

Trainers:

• 4 Professor Juniper
    2 N
    1 Shauna
    1 Skyla
    1 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Lysandre
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card

3 Superior Energy Retrieval
    1 Energy Retrieval
    2 Professor's Letter
    2 VS Seeker
    1 Dive Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Battle Compressor
    2 Hard Charm
    1 Float Stone
    1 Muscle Band
    2 Crushing Hammer
    1 Enhanced Hammer
    1 Startling Megaphone

1 Scoop Up Cylcone?
    1 Computer Search
Energy:

• 12-
    4 Double Colorless Energy
    8 Water Energy

Strategy:
Stall... Literally. Just Stall. You need to get the Seismitoad with a Hard Charm or something as your active with Pearls on your bench. The whole Idea is to use the trainers to discard and get energy in your hand while using Gorebyss's Agrowth to attack THREE in one turn onto it! Thats 60 More damage onto a Powerful storm in 1 Turn! See what I mean? Do as much damage as possible with the Seis, stall, do what ever, but have options. Keldo can be used a free retreat and a not bad energy stack when needed. This deck could be used for fun or competetive, let me know what you think with changes![/u]

I think Huntail has potential, but honestly I think it would be stronger with Virizion, or Mega Manectric or something. You want to accelerate, not stall. Not only that, but it doesn't really matter were you are putting the energy as long as you have it on the bench, so you'd be better off using the energy you don't attach to Huntail to power up a backup attacker, since Huntail is going to be knocked out by a lot of things. I also think Mew is a wasted slot. You get a little more HP so you use the same attacks as Huntail, and you lose two prizes. Unless you're using it to counter steal some of your opponent's attacks I think it is just a liability.

Scoop up cyclone doesnt do too much for this deck i think. I think comp search is just better.

I had an idea for Huntail too!!! Right now, I am testing it with Archie's ace in the hole, and blastoise. It's been working out pretty well.

Back