• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

PRAISE ME! (Talonflame/Emboar)

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
  • 3 Fletchling (Your Lord and Master)
  • 2 Fletchinder
  • 3 Talonflame
  • 3 Tepig
  • 2 Pignite
  • 3 Emboar

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 4 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 1 Evolutionary Soda
  • 1 Computer Search

Energy
  • 12 Fire

Strategy
Well. This deck is basically centered on Talonflame's Flare Blitz attack, which does 100 Damage for [R][R], and just Requires you to discard 2 [R] Attached to it. Because of the 100 Damage output, I decided to try an Emboar Engine, while having Silver Bangle. Since Talonflame does 100 Damage, with Silver Bangle, it 2HKOs all cards in the format other than Black Kyurem-EX with Crystal wall. I run multiple Draw and Search cards so that I can get my field set up as swiftly as possible. I also run Energy Retrieval in case I run out of energy. I run at least 1 Stage 1 of both lines in case my opponent is playing Gothitelle or Trevenant. Red Card to be annoying ;).
Scans and Translations
124-red-card.jpg

Fletchling - Colorless - HP50
Basic Pokemon

[C] Me First: Draw a card.
[C][C] Peck: 20 damage.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

--

Fletchinder - Fire - HP70
Stage 1 - Evolves from Fletchling

[C] Flame Charge: Search your deck for a [R] Energy and attach it to this Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
[R][C] Blaze Wing: 30 damage.

Retreat: 1

--

Talonflame - Fire - HP130
Stage 2 - Evolves from Fletchinder

[C] Blow Away: Your opponent shuffles their hand into their deck and draws 4 cards.
[R][R] Flare Blitz: 100 damage. Discard all [R] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Retreat: 0

Any advice? I am thinking Muscle Band to be more effective.

I'd go with the Muscle Band, and a Mr.Mime, I don't see a big use for Red Card while you're running 4 N. Best it'd be for is early game but running a half set you might only see one before you get down to where it's not needed.

Wut? Reshiram is better, easier to get out, and takes less space. Just go with straight Reshiboar, with Muscle Band to OHKO some stage 2s.

The deck is for fun, and fun shall be had. Reference my GalvantulaEels deck for example ;)
also Reshiram is Puff the Magic Dragon and Talonflame evolves from Dread Lord Fletchling.

I agree with grantm1999.
What is the point of doing this? Reshiboar is instantly better, I don't see the point of running a stage 2 with a weaker attack.
It's like a replay of the idea with infernape, there's no point in running a stage 2 when there's already a basic pokemon that does it better, also, 2 stage 2's is difficult to set up.

If you really want to run Talonflame, why not use muscle band, Eviolite only reduces the damage down to 90, and it's still a 2hit ko on most Ex's, and muscle band can be used against decks without or with less amounts of ex's..

Stop giving him crap for the Pokemon he's using to attack. Geez, its his deck, not yours. Apart from that note I suggest (if you have the money) to take out evolutionary soda and a colress for 2 Tropical Beach. Also you should play superior energy retreival instead of just retreival, and an execcute (sorry, can't spell) to get that working better.

Laserbank because it'll be more effective for when I really need to KO something. I'm mainly a casual player, and this deck appeals to me. Again, Puff the Magic Dragon. I'm not using Tropical Beach because IRL and all, and retrieval over super+egg because it's less clunky and I should be fine.

zavtac said:
Stop giving him crap for the Pokemon he's using to attack. Geez, its his deck, not yours. Apart from that note I suggest (if you have the money) to take out evolutionary soda and a colress for 2 Tropical Beach. Also you should play superior energy retreival instead of just retreival, and an execcute (sorry, can't spell) to get that working better.

Sorry, not giving anyone "crap" here, I'm pointing out that it is extremely obsolete, and that I do not believe that it is worth running.
I don't mind him running the deck, I just find it a little silly, Creds to him for wanting to do something different.
I suggest not to continue this discussion.

Lord Fletchling said:
Laserbank because it'll be more effective for when I really need to KO something. I'm mainly a casual player, and this deck appeals to me. Again, Puff the Magic Dragon. I'm not using Tropical Beach because IRL and all, and retrieval over super+egg because it's less clunky and I should be fine.

doesn't seem like a bad plan, However Superior allows you to power up more attackers at once, but it's not like you need to, because you will be hitting with Talonflame for 2 energy anyway, but considering you're 2 Hit Ko-ing almost every Pokemon, won't you run out of energy quicker with regular retrieval?

Back