pre-release.... is it worth it?

kashmaster said:
I think its when everyone gets Eight packs. You open one, pick a card and past the rest along to the left until all cards are gone. Do the same again, make a deck and thats it lol

PR booster drafts are generally 5 packs for $20...when you begin, you open a pack, choose a card from it, then pass the rest onto the next person...all participants in your flight are doing the same thing, so you're still getting the same amount of cards as everyone else, except you have more control over what you end up with

IMO, I think the worth of a PR is really based on the set...and your motivations for wanting to go...if you're a collector, then yes you want to go, so you can get the jump on your collection before actual release...if you're a player, then it depends on if you care for the set enough to go, and/or if you're just going for fun and cards

money wise...I would say it is definitely worth it...you pay $25 for 8packs, promo, and 60pk. sleeves...you definitely come out better in the long run, than buying single packs...while I'm kinda sorry you bought a box for this set, you are correct, you do end up with a better deal buying the box...but you don't get the sleeves, the promo, the experience of going, nor do you get the early jump on getting cards from the set that you want

Well i personally i was going to attend to a pre release on my locals but seeing how this set has cut off some of the best cards i will pass

I only want some primes but chances are that some of them will be released on Tins like Thy/Fera/Mega ones so...

My advice would that re think again what you need and if its worth it to invest more money on this set, in any case, cheap packs are cheap and you can get some fun out of it

either way, if you will participate or not, its a very good time to search for people willing to trade cards that day

Kiseki said:
Well i personally i was going to attend to a pre release on my locals but seeing how this set has cut off some of the best cards i will pass

I only want some primes but chances are that some of them will be released on Tins like Thy/Fera/Mega ones so...

My advice would that re think again what you need and if its worth it to invest more money on this set, in any case, cheap packs are cheap and you can get some fun out of it

either way, if you will participate or not, its a very good time to search for people willing to trade cards that day

I dunno, we normally get some announcements on tins before the sets drop...and so far, for this set, there hasn't been any...and with the Primes in this set, not being such a big deal, they may not have tins for any of them

qnetykz said:
I dunno, normally get some announcements on tins before the sets drop...and so far, for this set, there hasn't been any...and with the Primes in this set, not being such a big deal, they may not have tins for any of them

yeah, theres a very good chance of no tins at all this time, but personally i really hope for them since the set looks very meh and i only want tyranitar and maybe Ursa, but even if they release there no guarante either that those 2 will be chosen for the tins

i hope that OP gets some fun if he decides to go to his pre release tough

ogeray said:
so can i use my blastoise prerelease promo in my 40 card deck?

usually, those aren't given out until the 2nd round of the sealed tournament

ogeray said:
???
so i can use it on the 3rd round?

no, you can't use them in the tournament...as your deck is already built and you are in the middle of the tournament already

^ You are never allowed to included the prerelease promo in your 40 card deck no matter what time you get it at.

I think the prerelease is worth going to because it's always pretty cool to have the sleeves of the newest set and I find drafting to be quite fun, much more intricate than the initial prerelease matches.

I'd say so. I mean, rare candies are in the set, some cool primes, plus all the little bonus stuff that comes with the cards. I love prereleases.

RE: pre-release.... is it worth it? Yes

Hypno68 said:
I value sleeves at about $5

Actually I've been told that just an unopened set of prerelease sleeves(especially after the PRs are over) is worth 25$. Older ones might be worth more. Anyway, you should go. Prereleases are always a blast, and definitely great for your first premier event.

RE: pre-release.... is it worth it? Yes

Different strokes for different folks... for me, I trade them as if they're worth $5... I could see some of them going for higher... especially the Secret Wonders sleeves with Weavile... I could see those going for way more than $25!!!

By the way... I have a pack -- anyone who's interested can visit my trade thread!

Meaty said:
Actually I've been told that just an unopened set of prerelease sleeves(especially after the PRs are over) is worth 25$. Older ones might be worth more. Anyway, you should go. Prereleases are always a blast, and definitely great for your first premier event.

Flygon Jedi Master said:
^ You are never allowed to included the prerelease promo in your 40 card deck no matter what time you get it at.

I think the prerelease is worth going to because it's always pretty cool to have the sleeves of the newest set and I find drafting to be quite fun, much more intricate than the initial prerelease matches.

Unless this rule was just now implemented, that's not true, as it is up to the TO. I've been to prs where they let you, and others where they don't.

Yh Im pretty sure you can use the promo, otherwise HGSS pre release would have been a whole lot harder xD

When I used to go, 3-4 sets ago, we were not allowed to use the promo.

I don't think ALL pre-releases are worth it because some of the sets don't have that many good cards, which you be better off trading for. I don't go to pre-releases anymore because I just trade for whatever I need. I could always buy sleeves.

Back