Ruling Primal Groudon and Lysandre

Yumikora

cd / Back to the roots
180px-PrimalGroudonEXPrimalClash151.jpg

Primal Groudons Barrier:
Ω Barrier
Ωバリア

Whenever your opponent plays a Trainer card (excluding Pokémon Tools and Stadium cards), prevent all effects of that card done to this Pokémon.

So if someone plays a Lysandre to force him to the active, he will stay at the bench so far so good.

Now my question: What happens if my opponent declares he is playing his lysandre to my primal Groudon?

1. He Plays the Card
2. He announces Primal Groudon as the target
3. I tell him: He will not be affected by your Trainer Cards (excluding stadion and tools)
Now what? His supporter is played and I'm able to insist that he already played the card, right?

Okay, to clear this up: Is Primal Groudon a valid target for trainer cards even if it does not have any effect?

Edit: I just realized I used the german name in the thread title, would you may change it to "Primal"? Sorry >.<

1. He Plays the Card
2. He announces Primal Groudon as the target
3. I tell him: He will not be affected by your Trainer Cards (excluding stadion and tools)
Now what? His supporter is played and I'm able to insist that he already played the card, right?
That's correct. It's a valid target, but the effect is blocked by Omega Barrier.

Title changed :)

Back