Professor Elm's Training Method from Call of Legends (#82) [6/17]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
cotdcopy.png

82-professor-elm%27s-training-method.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

1. Obviously, as it is a supporter, it cannot stand on its own. I'd say it is pretty good and worth having in every deck.
2. Any deck that evolves.
3. Don't know of any specific combos, just use to get evolution.
4. I'd say 4/5. Good, but not the best.
5. 3/5 Looks like he is late for some meeting or something.

pikhu2000 said:
5. 3/5 Looks like he is late for some meeting or something.

From the TV series: He was always so wrapped up in his research that he was very absent minded, he is a younger professor who studied under Oak - and was his top student (although Elm would argue that nowadays he surpasses Oak in many ways)
Hence the mess.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
It is a supporter, so it can't stand on its own
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
Any deck that needs to evolve
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
Search evolution cards? ._.
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
4.5, You just search a evolution card without having to shuffle another card from your hand but isn't the best Pokémon searcher because you can't search Legends or Lv. X (In Unlimited decks)
5. How's the artwork?
Pretty good, but is the same as in HGSS so I give it a 4.0
P.S: You must change some questions for Supporter/Trainer/Stadium cards
:3​

1. Since it's a supporter so, it can't stand on its own. Yes it is worth being played in every deck that evolves.
2. Any deck that evolves.
3. You can search out your evolution.
4. 4/5 because it will be used in a good majority of decks after rotation, but it probably won't be used in every deck.
5. The artwork is okay i personally like the old PETM art from the Ex series.

1. like what has been said before,it is only a supporter, it couldnt stand on its own, but this card is great for any deck that requires a stage 1 or stage 2 pokemon to be succsesful. Its good for getting that evolution card you need quickly.

2. I dont know many popular metagame decks, but I know personally that it works well in any lost zone deck that features a Gengar prime.

3. Use it with a combo of a dual ball to get some basics, and then play Professor Elm to get the evolution of that basic.

4. I would give it a 3/5, its a good card, but you only get one card from your deck. Not the best card, but still essential for any deck that evolves.

5. I give the artwork a 2/5. Honestly, the artwork could have been a lot better.

1. It can't, it's a supporter. Of course it's worth being played.

2. Really, any deck with more than one Stage 1/Stage 2.

3. I guess you could combo it with a trainer that could net you a pokemon, then use this card to search for its evolution.

4. I'd have to say 5/5. There's nothing better than searching for exactly what you want.

5. 2/5. Trainers aren't really known for great artwork.

1. It cannot stand on its own, but it's worth being played in almost everything.

2. Anything with an evolution card in it.

3. Any evolution, or Pokémon communication, if you need a basic. Elm's, and then Pokémon Communication the Pokémon you just took back in.

4. 3/5. It's pretty useful, but it is in no way, shape, or form, a replacement of Bebe's Search.

5. I like the older artowrk better. 2/5.

Back