Professors....

cacgbass

Aspiring Trainer
Can professors play cities, regionals, states, battle road, nationals and worlds? I know they cant if they are ruling the same tournament, but if they choose not to rule...can they play?

RE: Professors....

Of course we can play. It's just that many of us choose to judge almost as often or more often than we play.

Well thats to good!!!
i want to be a professor some day, and its great to know i can still play.
i was afraid to take the test because i thought if i got it well, i couldnt play anymore.
Thanks for the quick answer. Hope that someday i can play and meet some good profesors like both of you.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I thought I might ask this question here as opposed to making a new thread.

What are the advantages of being a professor? Apart from being able to judge at Nats and say "I am a professor", are the any other privileges that come with it?

There are a lot of things that are worthwhile. We get "points" when we judge, that we can redeem for merchandise in the professor store. We get to participate in the Professor Cup tournaments at nationals and typically, professors are going to be chosen to judge tournaments. Hope that explains a little bit.

AlanJLegend said:
Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I thought I might ask this question here as opposed to making a new thread.

What are the advantages of being a professor? Apart from being able to judge at Nats and say "I am a professor", are the any other privileges that come with it?

nope its all just braggin rights.. just respect maybe

Legendsneverdie said:
AlanJLegend said:

nope its all just braggin rights.. just respect maybe

I don't know if I completely agree with that. Being a Professor allows you to bring some fun to the game, help organize events, and keep the players fair and honest =)

Well some professors do their jobs while some just hover around. Not all do their jobs quite that well.

Sylar said:
I don't know if I completely agree with that. Being a Professor allows you to bring some fun to the game, help organize events, and keep the players fair and honest =)

And why would a Professor be able to do those things and not any other judges?

MewtrickForever said:
And why would a Professor be able to do those things and not any other judges?

No one says they can't.

But achieving the Professor title shows a certain amount of dedication to the game -- something beyond just playing it. At least that's how it's supposed to work. There are always a few "Professors" that just passed the test but don't really care what it represents. But most Professors are out building up the game.

yea.... i wanna be a prof some day too... that would be awesome!!
i think Im dedicated enough...

I want to be a professor, some day. I'm no where near ready, right now. Maybe someday, though. It sound really fun.

As do I. Currently I am 0-1 for taking the test. Got 20 outta 40 right (you need 32 to pass), which is not bad for someone who hadn't studied at all. I'm gonna try again in two weeks and see if I can make my record 1-1.

Chairman Kaga said:
But achieving the Professor title shows a certain amount of dedication to the game -- something beyond just playing it. At least that's how it's supposed to work. There are always a few "Professors" that just passed the test but don't really care what it represents. But most Professors are out building up the game.

Wow, thanks a lot, you really made me appreciate the Professor program... (sarcasm BTW)

Maybe that's how it's supposed to work, but there's the tiny problem that at least the occasional 17- player is a decent person.

Anyone know where (if it exists) I could find a Professor study guide.

I kinda failed again....

Back