PS3 or Xbox360?

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
The title says it all. Which is better and why? I'm asking this because I plan on buying one if I have enough cash after my birthday.

PS3 by a mile!!! Not only does it have better graphics, but the online is free, and for Xbox you have to pay a subscription. Also it has one of my favorite series of all time, Ratchet and Clank, not that that matters to you... haha. But really, PS3 is ten times better. Oh yes and it also has the ability to play Blu-Ray movies, so that's another plus.

i agree totally ps3 by 2 miles lol but it is way better and a thang that stands out for me the internet is free umm duh

'360. The XBox ACTUALLY has better graphics, and it's worth the $60/year to get online, because the FPSs are amazing. You've got Halo plus any good games the PS3 has, and while it can't play Blu-Ray, it still can play regular DVDs (which aren't much worse than Blu-Ray, I sure can't tell the difference) and gets Netflix.

PS3 is pretty good because of Blue-Ray, easy access, exclusive games like Uncharted and Little Big Planet, and fun all around. Choose PS3, you won't be sorry.

360..amazing exclusive console games...left4 dead..mass effect..halo, lost odyssey..left 4 dead is AMAZING.

PS3 gets Netflix as well, and we don't have to pay for our online service, at least for now. Blu-Ray is awesome, too. PS3 has it's own brand of FPS, namely the Killzone series, the first (I think) fully 3D console game.

But Xbox360 has it's advantages. It does have Have Halo and a larger Online Multiplayer, and couple of other exclusive games. It has the wildly popular Kinect as well. But apart from that, they're not very different.

Gamespot has done the OFFICIAL comparison, and both of the systems have THE SAME GRAPHICS. Yes, you only think it's better because of your personal preference. DEAL WITH IT

Winner? The PS3. But honestly, just get what your friends have. You'll save yourself a lot of boredom.

360 and PS3 are different. You are no doubt going to start a flame war if you say that they are better than the other. Before I go on into my long paragraphs, buy the one that your friends are on. The really popular games are for both consoles... with a few popular games of similar calibur going to different consoles (Halo is popular on 360 and Killzone is popular on PS3). If you plan to play online at all, play with your friends. The popular multiconsole games are similar enough to not have you notice. If all of your friends have 360 and you have a hard time drawing a preference, play 360 to get on with your friends.

Like I said, the consoles are very different but very similar. They both have VERY good games. The controllers both work very well. Xbox360 has its XBL system. XBL is a $60/year service, but you get a bit out of it. Sure you have to pay for the ability to play online, but you get a few features out of it. The biggest features deal with actual gameplay. 360 online games are a TINY bit less laggy than PS3, and I have found that the players online are a bit better... probably due to winny kids not wanting to pay $60/year (although there will always be winny kids playing video games too mature for them). 360 has Xbox Arcade which I have to say is much better than the similar PSN service. There are just way more amazing arcade games... if you care for it. 360 has double the RAM of a PS3... so that is fun. Contrary to popular belief, it has less (barely) graphics capabilities than the PS3 (500MHz vs 550MHz... woo). 360 has access to Netflix and can function as a very nice home media center.

The PS3 is also very powerful. It is the least expensive BluRay player on the market... so that right there is an immediate plus. You will not have BluRay movies if you do not already have a player... but just consider it ;D PS3 has slightly better hardware (save for RAM), and the interface is a little bit smoother. While it does have free online, the players online seem a little bit more... eh... IMO. PS3 can play PSI and PSII games if you want, and it can hook up to your PSP if you have one. Having big hands, I prefer the 360 controller to the PS3 controller... but it is still very well built. The PS3 has a few more good exclusive games, but if you are like most players, you will probably end up playing CoD, a single exclusive game from either console, and a few other games that the consoles share.

Once again, don't listen to the haters. Both machines are very powerful and are very worth your money. Ask around with your friends who you would want to play with. See which console they play. If you have no friends, or there is a 50/50 split between them, I would lean towards 360 BARELY just because of the Arcade games. I am a sucker for good games like that... and I have wasted 100s of hours of my life playing $10 games on the Xbox. ;D

off topic: Zero..pm me what arcade games you have (i have some and its so annoying waiting for players on xbl)

on topic: just buy both? I have both.. (though I rarely touch my ps3 and use it pretty much for blue cd ps2 game discs (mine is an older backwards compatible model)

Like Zero said both are powerfull, I just prefer the PS3 due to Blu-ray dominating the movie market + a die hard Sony fan ( I also have a Wii, which is at the opposite end of the spectrum :D).

I like the PS3 because it comes with alot of bonuses which the Xbox doesn't, like the Blu Ray player.

I have an xbox and i can trully say ps3 is better. I regret buying it. Halo gets boring and thats like the only good exclusive. PS3 is getting Mass Effect 3 and 2 so (Lol i only put that in because i love mass effect but thats beyond the point). Get a ps3

Like someone said before, get what most of your friends have. It will help in the long run. But if you don't care about friends then I would go with the PS3. It has Blue ray, free inter webs, acts as a computer(I don't know if 360 can) and I am also a Sony fan too.

I will go with PS3 for sole reason of online play. Microsoft will say that Xbox live is free (well silver is) but really it's about 5 dollars a month. While PS3 is completely free. Also the PS3 is a nice blue ray player.

@Irue - I think the title of the thread is "PS3 or Xbox360" not "PS3 or Xbox360 or PC Modding".

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that we all know what this thread is leaning to. The SEGA Dreamcast.
Jokes aside, the PS3's internet is pretty bad, I'd recommend an attachable typing pad for your controller, they're a lot of help.

Back