PSP 3000...

Which is better?

• Total voters

DeathSharingan

Gaming Expert...
It's been a long time since I've been here.

So I've bought a topic from my boarding school. The PSP 3000 and unofficially nicked PSP Brite.

This version of the PSP has made gamers waiting for the release which is on 16th October 2008.

I grabbed some pics from some webbies...

Built in Mic and Home button difference.
2693672056_87f8d4a3b6.jpg

Brighter screen
2788190237_715921dbbe.jpg

Thinner aluminium ring on the PSP's back
2781716208_afa8f8597f_m.jpg

Logo changed
2815827925_ecc5fc5b07.jpg

Anti-glare technology
2816638848_06ff7868a2.jpg

And by this ^^picture, you can see the difference between the 2K and 3K. The buttons, screen, joystick, streamlined shape. This makes the PSP 3000 the better competitor.

But Fans still say the the PSP 2000 is better. Now here comes conflict. I don't have any points to support either. So I need your vote. Please vote the poll.

---------

Any more info, you can search for it yourself. Thanks.

LadiesMan217 said:
It's been a long time since I've been here.

So I've bought a topic from my boarding school. The PSP 3000 and unofficially nicked PSP Brite.

This version of the PSP has made gamers waiting for the release which is on 16th October 2008.

I grabbed some pics from some webbies...

Built in Mic and Home button difference.
2693672056_87f8d4a3b6.jpg

Brighter screen
2788190237_715921dbbe.jpg

Thinner aluminium ring on the PSP's back
2781716208_afa8f8597f_m.jpg

Logo changed
2815827925_ecc5fc5b07.jpg

Anti-glare technology
2816638848_06ff7868a2.jpg

And by this ^^picture, you can see the difference between the 2K and 3K. The buttons, screen, joystick, streamlined shape. This makes the PSP 3000 the better competitor.

But Fans still say the the PSP 2000 is better. Now here comes conflict. I don't have any points to support either. So I need your vote. Please vote the poll.

---------

Any more info, you can search for it yourself. Thanks.
*coughsonyfanboycough*

Honestly this PSP isn't any better besides the fact that they stole at lease 3/4th of nintendos ideos and the anti glare thing,

Thats not a mic. BTW that was ALWAYS on the PSP 2000

I hate it when people quote the post and it has pictures in it....or when people use pictures in general. Anyways, I definately think the DS improved alot more then the psp, so I don't think the psp 3000 is worth the money (if you own it) and i don't think the changes will get many new buyers.

Just as I won't be getting the new DSi, I won't be thinking about getting the PSP 3000 either. I already have both a DS Lite and a PSP 2000, and I'm extremely satisfied with them. These minor improvements are just a stupid marketing strategy to get people to constantly upgrade their handhelds for nothing much at all. These companies piss me off. I'm very sure that they already had the technology to make these, but they made stuff that were worse first and added the improvements later on.

Great way to make money.

Is this opinion good> I currently don't have a PSP so I'm planning to buy this one and if you buy this one at Sony Style retail stores, the price is around 820+. Just $20 + than the PSP 2000 at local gaming stores.

I'm planning to buy one.

I'm not sure of the trade-off (it should be about 4.something to 1), so 20 dollars sounds to be about 5 bucks more. That sounds reasonable. I would do it. Plus, I would expect it to be more durable then the psp 2000 (though I've never played with either).

I wonder what they'll do after the PSP-3000. I'll probably get it since the analog nub on my 2000 has gone wonky (the PSP will register movement occasionally in-game when I'm not even pressing the D-pad).

darkrai1246 said:

Actually, that is a microphone. The speakers on the PSP-2000 as well as the 3000 are near the top of the portable. If you even bothered to look at all of the pictures, you would have seen that.

The DS had better improvements, the PSP does no have much of a difference. :/

Darkrai1246 said:
*coughsonyfanboycough*

Honestly this PSP isn't any better besides the fact that they stole at lease 3/4th of nintendos ideos and the anti glare thing,

Yeah PSP totally stole Nintendo DSi's idea for built in browser and a Built in MP3 player.
Wrong! More like Nintendo stole PSPs ideas

I am definatly not getting this (unless my 2000 breaks) I think all these improvements are just not enough and its way too soon. I'm more a PSP fan but seriously DSi's new features pwn this one. Maybe if they had not released the 2000 and brought this one out as the 2000, now that would be good.

(Randy-Arnold) said:
Darkrai1246 said:
*coughsonyfanboycough*

Yeah PSP totally stole Nintendo DSi's idea for built in browser and a Built in MP3 player.
Wrong! More like Nintendo stole PSPs ideas
Well let's see... *takes a deep breath*
Nintendo created the joy stick, the disc slot, Nintendo revived video games but then the PS1 came along and...*music gets faster* THEY STOLE THE DISC SLOT!, CONTROL STICK AND SO ON! *music gets slow..* So without nintendo THERE WOULD BE NO PSP, THEY MADE DS AND SONY MADE THAT CHEAP... FAT... PLAY...STATION.....THREEEEEEEEEE!!!

I voted 200 on the poll because the PSP 3000 is a scam...

(Randy-Arnold) said:
As I remember , the Play station was the first system to use disks...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri--4nqkM3k

This video has all the info you need (Somewhat explicit)

Research can do wonders. Atari was the ORIGINAL producer of home consoles. If there was no Atari, it would be a very different landscape right now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari

If it wasn't for Edison...

Nah, seriously, it doesn't matter who came 1st, it's the one who keeps up the good work. I never liked the idea of the DSi, but when it comes to everything else (spare graphics and raw power), Nintendo still seems to be doing the best.

As for the 3000, it seems silly, I bet anyone would fail at a game of "find the differences" when it comes to these 2.

I truly do not like the PSP.
I have played one and stuff and it was not all that great.
The DS (not I) does not have all the cool features but it has one of the most big things a hand held system or any system for that matter should have, a good selection of games.
Another reason I will not be getting a PSP, is that the DSi will have most of the same features, and still will have that good selection of games.
Sure the PSP is handy, but I will like to see how it sells after the DSi comes out.

LadiesMan217 said:
Is this opinion good> I currently don't have a PSP so I'm planning to buy this one and if you buy this one at Sony Style retail stores, the price is around 820+. Just $20 + than the PSP 2000 at local gaming stores.

I'm planning to buy one.

Then go ahead and buy one, if you don't have a PSP. But if you already have one, no point buying this new model.

Back