Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 2000?

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 3000?

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

LoneTyranitar

Lennon/McCartney
So lately i have been thinking about getting a PSP but i am having a hard time deciding which one to get. From what i can tell so far the only real differences in the system's is pretty much the same as the differences in the different generations of the Ipod Touch. Or i suppose you could say the ability to hack them. Anyway i was just thinking that if i were to get one that i should already have decided on which generation to get. So lets hear it, what generation? 1000, 2000 or 3000?

It kind of depends on what they each cost and what you want to do with it. If you're like me, and just want to play games, and the 1000 or 2000 is a fair amount cheaper than the 3000, why bother with a 3000?

You said it depends on what you want to do with them? What if i, say, want to listen music or watch movies? Why should that effect my choice?

Hi, I own a 1k 2k and 3k lol
The main differences between them is basicly size and weight

The one K isnt as plasticy and looks more like a product

2 and 3k look like plastic toys IMHO
Im in to Firmware modding and such... So I do use alot on My 1k
Games, Meh Theres not many UMDS worth buying

2ks are able to have Coustom firmware, but keep in mind it will be more difficult to downgrade

Anywho
Go with a 1k

But if you really want to look more "Updated" A 2k is basicly the same as a 3k, not worth the extra dollars to upgrade (or if you can even call it a true upgrade)

Ok so the bigger one feels better (despite it's size) and is also just better for modding. However the 2k has custom firmware and can also be downgraded to the 1k's software for modding purposes? You also described a plasticy feel on the 2k and 3k? I am assuming that the reason it feels like a toy is because the newer ones are actually lighter so they feel hollow kind of hollow like a toy? But they are still made of the same material right?

I recently made a very regretable decision with regards to psp's... I traded in my perfectly good 2000 for a Go :'( So don't get one of those lol. Anyaway I was reading up on the 3000 and apparantly it has interlacing issues, which is essentialy moving images being pixalated with movement. So thats why I didnt upgrade to 3000 when I still had the 2000.

Back