PSP vs DS

I think they're both good in their own right. I have both and like them equally. If you want more features, then get the PSP, or get the DS if all you want to do is play games (and save a little $$).

Depends on your personality type. The PSP offers a higher screen resolution than the DS, but the DS has two screens and the touch feature... And backwards compatibility, which lets you play every game from the Game Boy Advance as well. This makes the DS library, perhaps, larger than the PSP library.

I'd say look at the game libraries and figure out the type of thing you'd like to play. Then, choose the handheld that has the most of that type.

Personally, I'm a DS person. I don't care for the games that the PSP has to offer, and I can also appreciate a handheld that folds to protect its screen(s).

Yeah. Sometimes I wish my PSP could fold like my DS Lite, and that it had a longer battery life. I also wish the DS had graphics like the PSP, but I guess you make trade-offs with both.

if you try to stay up till midnight at sleepovers and your parents check on you and ure supposed to be asleep, ds is the way to go

Well, sales-wise PSP is beating DS in Japan but the opponsite is true in the U.S.

It really depends on your playing style and what games you like to play. Pokemon, Zelda, Mario on DS, and FF, GTA, and God of War on the PSP.

dmaster out.

PSP has a lower battery life thanks to it's screen. More expensive and where I come from, not many have it. DS is far more popular.
But the PSP has god of war, the best game in the world.

The ds is the best, in my opinin. You pause the game you are playing by closing it. I think that charges the battery too. I like because of the touch screen also. I don't even care about PSP because a lot doesn't happen for PSP. You can also talk to your friends on PictoChat, download game demos, and connect to Wi-Fi.

The PSP is a portable PS2, but with a huge bunch of gimmicks, the DS has rather terrible graphics, but offers more unique game style thanks to doubles screen and the touch screen, allowing strategy games and the likes, as well as a bunch of rather weird touch-games. I see the PSP as a multi-functional device which also happens to play games, some really good ones, of course, but still, most of these games seem to come out on its big brothers anyways. The DS is a pure gaming device, and has some very unique games. I personally prefer the DS, it's also the cheaper of 2. But it's your choice, of course.

I would have to say that the PSP is best if you are into spending more money for better things, music, video, internet and great PS2 like graphics however if you love the wii and cartoon games buy the DS and if you buy the PSP I suggest buying a shooting game like metal gear portable ops plus.
PSP pwns

The DS can have Internet, and, if you buy both Internet and a DS, it'll still be cheaper than a PSP :O
(And it has touch screen, and face it, that's like the only decent way to replace a mouse.)

And I always find it better to buy something for what it's designed to do, and not for its silly gimmicks. If I want to play music, I'll go buy myself an iPod, it's smaller (easier to take with you and hide when being bored in class), and designed to play music, for example. That being said, when I buy a gaming system, I want a gaming system at the price of a gaming system and designed to be a gaming system and just that, not a portable-music-playing-camera-like-thingy at more than double the price it should cost. Just look at the N-gage.

Also, please give me 1 must-have PSP game which isn't also a PS2/3 game. I can name hundreds of must-have DS games which are not released on any other system, better yet, which are only playable because of double-screen/touch screen. The DS allows a completely different style of gameplay, the PSP is just Sony thinking they can abuse the success of the PS2, which obviously they couldn't.

Dr. Ooler, you seem to have a very narrow-minded view on game consoles, all they should have are superior graphics and memory and more gimmicks to be better than another console...

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
The DS can have Internet, and, if you buy both Internet and a DS, it'll still be cheaper than a PSP :O
(And it has touch screen, and face it, that's like the only decent way to replace a mouse.)

And I always find it better to buy something for what it's designed to do, and not for its silly gimmicks. If I want to play music, I'll go buy myself an iPod, it's smaller (easier to take with you and hide when being bored in class), and designed to play music, for example. That being said, when I buy a gaming system, I want a gaming system at the price of a gaming system and designed to be a gaming system and just that, not a portable-music-playing-camera-like-thingy at more than double the price it should cost. Just look at the N-gage.

Also, please give me 1 must-have PSP game which isn't also a PS2/3 game. I can name hundreds of must-have DS games which are not released on any other system, better yet, which are only playable because of double-screen/touch screen. The DS allows a completely different style of gameplay, the PSP is just Sony thinking they can abuse the success of the PS2, which obviously they couldn't.

Dr. Ooler, you seem to have a very narrow-minded view on game consoles, all they should have are superior graphics and memory and more gimmicks to be better than another console...

Just because the games are also on the PS2 does not automatically make them not worth having. Believe it or not, there are actually plenty of PSP games that aren't already on the PS2, just look around on almost all the gaming websites you can think of, trust me. Also, the bonus features on the PSP are not "gimmicks"; they're actually useful. I find it easier to use the PSP as my music, video, and gaming device than to buy a separate MP3/Video player (iPods are a waste of money, too little features for too much $$) and a gaming device (not that it matters to me, as I have both the PSP and the DS). Don't let this make you think I'm biased, but the PSP has been doing just fine in terms of sales, and is not a failure, and absolutely by no means an abuse of the PS2's success. Its it's own system, and has a large amount of quality games that play just fine, since gaming is it's main function. Being Sony's first foray into portable gaming, I think they hit a home run with the PSP. Did I miss anything?

furroshi man said:
if you try to stay up till midnight at sleepovers and your parents check on you and ure supposed to be asleep, ds is the way to go

I'm looking for something like the bolded part. Playing games in my bed at night personally while my parents think I'm sleeping like an angel...

psp is way better. And i'm tired of hearing about how the ds has better games it DOES NOT!!!!!!!
Chazz9 said:
The ds is the best, in my opinin. You pause the game you are playing by closing it. I think that charges the battery too. I like because of the touch screen also. I don't even care about PSP because a lot doesn't happen for PSP. You can also talk to your friends on PictoChat, download game demos, and connect to Wi-Fi.

on the psp you can pause by turning it off

Back