PSP vs DS

i would say DS because PSP costs to much and has no pokemon, mario or any of those other classic nintendo games we have come to love

LadiesMan217 said:
furroshi man said:
if you try to stay up till midnight at sleepovers and your parents check on you and ure supposed to be asleep, ds is the way to go

I'm looking for something like the bolded part. Playing games in my bed at night personally while my parents think I'm sleeping like an angel...

The PSP has too many games playable on the PS2/PS3, which makes it better to be played on the wide screen. The DS on the other hand, has a lot of DS and Touch Screen exclusive games.

The DS also makes hibernating a lot easier, simply by flipping it. I would rather buy a proper iPod/Walkman to listen to music and a proper camera to take pictures with rather than using the PSP to do it all.

So you mean when my parents come in my room and check me sleeping, I flip my DS close and hide it under the pillow without scratching the screen.

And if I'm playing the PSP, I switch it off and slide it under my pillow and scratch it at the same time.

And how 'bout the connectivity. Bluetooth, WiFi?

@malik- what hand held console do you have?

LadiesMan217 said:
So you mean when my parents come in my room and check me sleeping, I flip my DS close and hide it under the pillow without scratching the screen.

And if I'm playing the PSP, I switch it off and slide it under my pillow and scratch it at the same time.

Lol easy to scratch. So the DS is now unscratchable eyh? The DS is more fragile that the PSP IMO, as it has two screens, and the part that holds the two together isn't so strong. I know, as mine already broke, but it's still playable though.

@LM217 : I have the DS, and my brother has a PSP.

LadiesMan217 said:

The new PSP doesn't scratch as easily if you get the silver or white model, and sliding it under your pillow doesn't do any damage that can't be undone by simply cleaning the screen. Wireless connections are a given in any portable device nowadays, so obviously, the PSP has wireless internet built-in.

I keep wires under my pillow.

And you mean the DS doesn't have any WiFi compatibilities.

it can't connect to my wireless router at home?

LadiesMan217 said:

The DS does have WiFi and should be able to connect to your wireless router.

The DS's battery life is about 10 hours, while the PSP is about 2 hours, IIRC.

dmaster out.

LadiesMan217 said:
I keep wires under my pillow.

Not all routers support the DS' Wi-Fi connection. Go see the official Nintendo Wi-Fi website to check if yours is compatible. Just google it, I'm too lazy to find the link.

On the lowest brightness setting you get about 19 hours of battery life (DS Lite). If you somehow get the original DS, you'll have about 10 hours, and it should work with most IEEE 802.11b/g wireless connections (according to Wikpedia).

Eventhough I'm a frikkin' nerd, i still don't get nerd speak.

I'll google it. And the IIEEIEE... Whatever that is..

Back